3 ~ "Friend-a-versary: Part 1"

Why, You?

SooMi

So the cafe's closing down huh? It's sad thinking that a place with so many memories, is just going to be crushed down so easily. But at least I get to see JaeJae soon. I smiled looking forward to the time we're going to spend together. But we're meeting up for our "friend-a-versary." How many more "friend-a-versaries" are we gonna have? I don't want to stay friends with him...I want to be more than that...NO. He wouldn't want that...he's famous! There's much better girls out there for him...why would he want me? We're just friends...

I went home and prepared for our friend-a-versary. Scanning my closet, I tapped my chin, wondering what I should wear this year. JaeJae and I always dress fancy every year just because we think of our friend-a-versary as such a special occasion. I looked through my closet and found a dress way in the back, behind all my other ones. It was one my grandparents had bought me for my 17th birthday but I never attended any event special enough to wear it to...I guess I can wear it now.

 

It was a simple, yet elegant dress. I hope it wasn't too much though, I mean we're only eating at a cafe. I took out my phone to text JaeJae letting him know that I was on my way.

"JaeBeom, I'm ready and I'm heading out now. I'll be there in 15" I got in my car and drove off to the mall. I know, I'm supposed to be going the cafe but I need to get him a gift. I went into Fossil and got him a watch that he's been wanting and saving up for. What he doesn't know is that I've been saving up for it too, just so I could get it for him.

...

"Nehh, SooMi wanna go to the mall today?" JaeBeom asked after school.

"Sure, but why?" I said.

"No reason, I'm just bored.. -__-"

"Haha you weirdo" I laughed. We walked into the mall and messed around a lot in the clothing shops, trying on crazy outfits and making fun of each other. When we finally got scolded for messing around, we decided to calm down and just walk around the mall.

"Hahahaha! Did you see that ajusshi's face?! It was all like >:O Hahahaha!!" JaeJae laughed.

"Haha yeah! It was hilarious! But seriously, we need to calm down, JaeBeom..." I said wiping the tears from all the laughing.

"Haha ok....ooh!" He ran up to a glass window and pressed his face against it. "SooMi look!"

"What is it?" I asked walking over to him.

"Look" he pointed at a set of watches. "Doesn't that one look really cool?"

"Mmm...it looks kind of...plain, to me.."

"Plain??? What are you talking about? It's not plain..it's simple :) Look, it's a neutral color so you can practically wear it with anything!"

"Well...if you put it that way, then I guess that makes sense."

"Yeah...aww damn it look at the price..way too expensive for me. :(" his smile dropped into a frown.

"What? You're famous now JaeJae! Can't you buy a simple watch??" I asked surprised.

"Ani...I don't like to use all the money I make at one point. I save up for things that I want :) " he said patting his chest proudly.

"Hahaha..well aren't you a smart shopper?" I said pinching his cheeks.

"Yah! I'm not a little kid..." he pouted. I laughed at how childish he was.

"Come on JaeBeom let's go look around some more..."

...

Even now, I still think the watch is a little plain, but he's right. It's not plain, but simple.

Jay

"JaeBeom, I'm ready and I'm heading out now. I'll be there in 15" Wooh, ok, ok, 15 minutes...she'll be here in 15 minutes. Damn, I'm so nervous right now. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Taecyeon.

"Relax dude, it'll be fine. We're here for you, ok?" he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Ok..." I said.

"Don't be scared! Man up! Fight for your love! Hwaiting!" Wooyoung jumped on my back giving me a thumbs up.

"Wow...great encouragement" Taecyeon remarked sarcastically.

"Thanks, guys...I'm gonna check and make sure everything's ready." they nodded and I went up to the ahjumma who ran the cafe.

"Ahjumma, are you sure it's ok to be doing all this here?" I asked her.

"Of course JaeBeom! You, SooMi, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon are one of my only regulars these days. I'll do anything for you guys" she smiled. "Think of this as a thank you for coming here all these years. Even when my number of customers would lessen each day, you guys would still come here as if nothing happened."

"But are you sure it's ok to be doing this?"

"Yah! I already said it's fine! I want to do this for you guys. I think it's so sweet, what you're doing for SooMi" she said smiling. "I can't believe you two are finally getting together after so long." she continued.

"Ajumma, don't tell me you knew I liked her, too?" I asked with worry written all over my face.

"Of course I did!" Damn, how obvious was I??  Suddenly my phone vibrated.

"JaeJae I'm here ^^ I'm getting out of the car now"

"Oh! SHE'S HERE! SHE'S HERE! EVERYBODY GET INTO PLACE! LIGHTS, OFF!" I yelled making sure everyone was ready. Ok, JaeBeom, you can do this...