24 ~ "Jal ja rah"

Why, You?

Narrator

"Woo-ah!" she screamed as she ran holding onto his hand as the paramedics rushed him to the ER. He had blood all over his body. It was dripping down his face, from his mouth. There were cuts and bruises all over his body.

Wooyoung wasn't conscious but SooMi didn't give up. Soon she was stopped as the doctors told her to wait outside as they brought him into the operation room. Her tears were falling as she watched her brother disappear from sight. She prayed, hoping that he'd come out of that room, smiling and laughing like nothing ever happened.

Please be ok. Stay strong, Wooyoung. I'm sorry for all those things I said at the restaurant. It hurts, knowing that you may have given up on me, but there's no way that I will give up on you.

SooMi needed someone here. She knew who she needed here. SooMi held onto Wooyoung's belongings as he was in the ER. She took out his phone and searched for his number in Wooyoung's contacts. When she found it, she immediately pressed the dial button and waited anxiously for him to answer.

One ring...two rings...three rings...

"Yoboseyo?" he answered.

She froze as soon as she heard his voice. But she soon awoke from her trance realizing that she needed to be strong for Wooyoung.

"Yoboseyo?" he asked again after hearing no answer.

"Jay..." she whispered into the speaker.

"S-SooMi?" he was shocked to hear her voice coming from the other side. But something was wrong. She never called him Jay. It was always either JaeBeom or JaeJae.

"Jay...Wooyoung...he" she couldn't stop stuttering.

"SooMi, calm down...calm down, baby, where are you?"

"H-hospital...Wooyoung...he"

"Ok, just stay there ok? I'll be right there."

And with that, he hung up, rushing to the hospital.

SooMi felt a hand on her shoulder after hanging up the phone. She turned around to find Taecyeon. She jumped into his arms and the two of them sat down, worrying for their friend.

***

As soon as he parked, Jay made his way to the front desk.

"Juhgiyo! Is there someone here by the name of Jang Wooyoung?" Jay asked trying to catch his breath.

The nurse looked shocked but soon pointed him in the direction of the emergency room. Jay rushed down there as soon as he could, not being able to stand the image of SooMi crying. Once he turned the corner into the waiting room, there he saw SooMi and Taecyeon. He approached the two of them and noticed SooMi sleeping, resting her head on Taecyeon's shoulder. Taecyeon noticed Jay's arrival and sat up. Jay looked at him telling him to be careful so that they wouldn't wake her.

"What happened?" Jay asked gently looking at her face.

"We were all out at dinner and we told her the truth about how we got you and JangSoon together. She thought that we had given up on her. She thought that we thought that she was dead...and she thought that that's the reason why we set you two up, to help you move on. Wooyoung denied it telling her that we never once thought that. But she wouldn't listen so she stormed out of the restaurant and Wooyoung chased after her. But then...there was a truck and...he was hit." Taecyeon explained thinking back at what had happened just a little while ago.

Jay sat on the other side of SooMi and laid her head on his shoulder. Soon enough, she snuggled into his arms and Jay wished that time would stop at that moment. That moment that felt like the past 2 years never happened. That moment that made everything feel right. That moment where SooMi belonged to Jay only.

"Mmm...Jae...Beom..." SooMi stirred in her sleep and Jay couldn't help but smile at her. He her cheeks and removed some fringe from her face.

"Haha, that's my girl..." he chuckled softly before planting a long, sweet kiss on her forehead. "Jal ja rah, SooMi...saranghae yo..."

And soon enough, the two had fallen asleep in each other's arms just like they once had.