2 ~ "From Strangers, To More..."

Why, You?

SooMi

The school for first period rang and I headed to my first class after getting what I needed from my locker. Walking into the classroom, I took my seat as our teacher, Mr. Lee, walked in.

"Anneyeong class" he greeted us.

"Annyeong" the class said in unison.

He started the class and as usual, I dozed off as I started out the window.

*Vrrrr...vrrr...*

I snapped out of it when my phone vibrated. I looked around too see Mr. Lee's back to the class and opened the text message. Unknown number...?

"SooMi-ssi ^^ How's school so far?"

"Umm...who is this..?"

"Omo...sorry I forgot to say my name >< Haha let's see if you can guess.... ~You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains~ Hehehe"

"JaeBeom-ssi...?"

"Yah, I told you to leave off the honorific :P"

"Haha so it is you :)"

"Ne, hey. Wanna have lunch together later?"

"Yeah, sounds good. ^^"

"Good, see you later :)"

"Wait...JaeBeom-s, I mean...JaeBeom, how did you get my number?"

"Oh, sorry, Wooyoung gave it to me. Wae? Am I not allowed to have your number?"

"No, no, it's fine, I was just wondering...hey can we text for a little longer? I'm in math right now, and it can get REALLY boring in here.. -__-"

"Sure :) Who do you have for math?"

"Mr. Lee"

"Ohhh yeah I have him too :P What are we learning today?"

"Yah JaeBeom, I'm texting you so that I DON'T have to talk about math xP remember?"

"Haha arasso xD"

Before I knew it, first period was over, and soon I ended up texting JaeBeom all the way up until lunch break. I walked into the cafeteria and after I bought my lunch I looked around for JaeBeom but I didn't see him. I whipped out my phone...

"JaeBeom...where are you? It's already lunch break :P"

"Ohh Mianhe SooMi, I forgot to tell you that we're not having lunch in the cafeteria...go upstairs ^^"

"Upstairs? But this is a one story school...?"

"Just do it, SooMi xD"

"Ok..."

I walked around school looking like an idiot carrying my lunch tray, looking for any flight of stairs I could find. Soon I reached the back of the school where I saw some steps that led "upstairs". Walking up the stairs I realized that they lead to the roof. As the door opened from me twisting the door knob, I found Jaebeom sitting there eating away.

"Yah JaeBeom, thanks for waiting" I said sarcastically. He looked up from his lunch.

"SooMi! You made it! See? I told you there's an upstairs." This boy sure smiles a lot. But strangely enough, it made my heart warm. I shook off those thoughts and took a seat next to him.

"Well, this is the roof so technically there's really no upstairs" I laughed.

"Pssh, whatever" he pouted. I laughed at how cute he was being. Lunch passed by pretty quickly and we headed to our next classes. Again we texted throughout the rest of the day, and after school we met up to see a movie. After that day, JaeBeom and I got closer and closer and he became my best friend (aside from Wooyoung and Taecyeon of course) Everyday we'd text in class, eat lunch together, and meet up after school. I could talk to him about everything and anything. Sometimes he would even take me to JYP Ent. to watch his dance rehearsals or his recording sessions. I have to admit, it was nice having a friend who was actually my age (considering the fact that Wooyoung and Taeceyeon were 2 years younger than me)

Our friendship had continued throughout the year and soon we graduated from high school and had to go our seperate ways. I went into nursing while he continued his career at JYP. We didn't see each other as much as before but we still kept in touch and were still best friends.

"SooMi ~~" Oh, a text from JaeBeom...

"JaeJae~~"

"Are you free on the 15th?"

"Ne...wae?"

"What? How could you forget???"

"Haha I'm just kidding...it's our 2 year friend-a-versary ^^"

"Yup :) Can you believe it's already been 2 years since the day we first met?"

"I know..it's been a while :)"

"Yeah...anyway, you know the cafe where we first met?"

"Ne..."

"It's closing down :'("

"MWO?! WAE?!"

"The manager said that the property owner wants to tear it down since the business there has gone down over time."

"They can't do that!"

"Unfortunately MiMi, they can :("

"Awww...."

"Yeah, so how about we have dinner there for our friend-a-versary this year?"

"That sounds good :) It'll be kind of like a goodbye kind of thing right?"

"Yeah...and maybe something else..."

"What?"

"Nevermind"

"You're so weird JaeJae xD"

"Arasso ^^ Well, I have to go now :( But I'll see you on the 15th ^^"

"Aww...ok bye :( See you :)"

SooMi

"Oooooh texting SooMi, I see ~~~" I turned around to find Wooyoung smirking at me.

"Yeah...and?" I asked raising a brow.

"Haha somebody's in looooooooooove ~~~~" he continued teasing me.

"Yah! Keep your nose out of my business." I told him.

"It's ok, man. We're alright with it if you like her" Taecyeon put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you really ok with it?" I sighed.

"Of course we are man! That's why we set you guys up in the first place!" Wooyoung exclaimed.

"Mwo?" I was confused.

"Dude, don't you remember the first day you two met? It was because of us" Wooyoung said pointing to himself and Taecyeon.

"Ohhhh yeah..." I remember.

"Mmhmm so you better thank us BIG TIME at your wedding, man" Wooyoung teased.

"Hey! Slow down! We're not even dating yet!" I argued.

"Woah dating?! You're gonna ask her out?? FINALLY!"

"What do you mean, finally?"

"Come on, dude, we all know that you two have had a thing for each other these past 2 years. We were just waiting for you to ask her out..." Taecyeon explained.

"Damn...was I really that obvious?" I was surprised. They both nodded their heads.

"Soooo when are you gonna ask her?" Wooyoung continued.

"The 15th"

"Ohhh, on your 'friend-a-versary' huh? Well, soon there won't need to be a friend-a-versary and you can change it to ANNI-versary ^^"

"Yah! I haven't even asked her yet! let alone, has she said yes..."

"Ok, ok, man we've got your back alright? Good luck" Taecyeon patted my back.

"Thanks guys" I said nervously.