28 ~ "Return"

Why, You?

♦SooMi♦

 I'm going to be late.

I rushed inside the building hoping he wasn't waiting for too long. As soon as I entered JYPE, I saw the elevator doors start to close.

"Juhgiyo! Please hold the elevator!" I shouted, hoping whoever was inside could hear me. As I approached the doors began to close but halfway through, opened again. I ran inside and leaned against the wall and closed my eyes trying to catch my breath. "Kamsahanmida," I bowed without looking at the person in front of me.

"Chunmaneyo."

I knew that voice.

I looked up to see the one person I've been longing for, but couldn't face.

"Annyeong SooMi," he quietly said with a small, yet sad, smile. I looked at him for a few seconds before trying to my best to return that smile.

"Annyeong JaeBe-"

Before I could finish, everything around me started shaking. I gripped the handrail as I began to lose my balance. All of a sudden, the lights dimmed to a low glow and the shaking came to a sudden halt. With the unexpected stop, I fell to the ground.

*BAM*

I opened my eyes, holding my throbbing head.

"SooMi-yah! Gwaenchana?!" I heard a voice say.

"JaeBeom..?" I managed to whisper out. "What happened?"

"You fell and hit your head," he replied me. I looked around and that's when I noticed exactly what happened.

The elevator stopped moving.

No...no, no, no, no, no.

My breathing became uneven as it gradually became harder to do. The air around me felt like it was getting warmer and soon i thought it would reach a temperature that I couldn't handle. I placed my hands on the walls around me. My hands began roaming, feeling the box that contained me. Why? I tried pushing and pushing, but the walls wouldn't budge. No. I got to my knees and pounded my fists on the elevator doors.

"Please..." I whispered desperately. "Please, open...Open! Someone! Hello?! Is someone out there?! Please help me! Please! Help! I can't be in here! I can't do this! No..."

I started panicking as my fingers found their way into the small crack in between the elevator doors. I put all my strength into prying them open, but it was no use. As soon as I realized I couldn't get them open...I went crazy. Tears started falling, I was screaming and hitting my fists against the walls trying to get out.

"Help! Somebody help me! Don't leave me in here again! Plea-"

Suddenly my wrists were held and I was face to face with the other person I was trapped with.

"SooMi! Calm down! Look at me! Look. At. Me.

He held both of my wrists in one hand and my face in the other, trying to get me to look at him. I finally did and when I looked into those eyes, I broke down. He pulled me into his embrace and gently brushed my hair with his fingers.

"It's ok, I'm here...It's going to be alright, everything will be fine," he said soothingly.

After a few minutes, I finally calmed down.

"Gwaenchana..?" I heard JaeBeom ask as he slowly pulled away to look at my tear-stricken face. I looked up at him and nodded. But for some reason, once we looked into each other's eyes, neither of us looked away. Everything that just happened, the panic attack, hitting my head, seemed to just slip away.

It was then I noticed his face inching closer and closer to mine. My eyes began to fall and were soon closed when I felt warmth on my lips. I just forgot everything that happened in the past. I forgot that I left to America, I forgot about Jayson, I forgot about JangSoon, I forgot that JaeBeom and I broke up. The only thing that I didn't forget was the love that we had, the love that we felt, the love that we shared.

My hands found their way around his neck as I pulled him closer to me. I didn't want to ever let go. I didn't ever want this feeling to leave me.

I love him.

There's no denying that. Yet, why did I find it so hard to be with him again? Why couldn't everything go back to the way it was a few years ago? Right now, all those things didn't matter to me.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist as he lifted me up and I sat myself upon his lap. I brought him in and deepened the kiss. I felt him at my bottom lip asking for entrance, and for him I gladly opened up.

I missed this. I missed loving someone without having to feel pain. In here, in this trap, we could express our love to each other openly, without worries.

We pulled away quickly for breath, both of us heaving. But just as soon as we pulled away, we went back in.

"I love you, SooMi," I heard him say in the kiss. My heart was beating hard.

"I love you, JaeBeom,"

It felt great to say it again. I could tell him that I love him, again. But I didn't even need words to feel the love he was giving me right now. In fact, no words could explain.

His arms were wrapped my waist and my arms were wrapped around his neck, both tightly secured. I don't know what will happen after this, but this much I know...

...

 

...don't ever let me go.


A/N: Sorry for the long wait! It's just that I had no idea what to write after the last chapter. I had some ideas (including this one) but I just didn' t know how to fit them into the story. So I just went along with this one. I felt that the story needed some love again, instead of all this confusion and pain. So I hope you enjoyed SooMi and JaeBeom's little "elevator adventure" hehe.

*PLEASE READ, VERY IMPORTANT*

Anyway I have an important question for my readers...

...do you guys mind ?

Because so far the story is headed in that direction, but if you prefer there be no , then I can definitely arrange that. I just want you guys to be comfortable reading my story so please comment or message me and let me know. I don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable so please tell me. Thanks!

 

Oh and I'm sorry if I already made some of you uncomfortable with the level of intimacy in this chapter. My apologies! *bows*

But please do tell me your answers to my question. Thanks again! :)

-lexamikol