10 ~ "Yeobo, Na Wasseo ~ "

Why, You?

SooMi

"A-America?" Umma stuttered. "We can't afford America!" she started panicking.

"It's fine, Mrs. Jang, the hospital covers everything. All you need to do is pack your things and we take care of everything." the doctor reassured.

"B-but, how long will she be there for?" Umma asked.

"Could be a year..." the doctor said.

"Well, we can't live in America for a year! We'll have to buy a new home, adjust to the new living style!" Umma kept ranting on and on.

"Haha relax Mrs. Jang...there is a living facility that is a part of the hospital where the patient's family members stay. And no need to worry about living style because there are Koreans there who will take care of you." the doctor laughed.

"Ohhh...so we don't need to pay for...anything?" Appa asked.

"Nope." the doctor replied. "The reason we're transferring SooMi is because America just has better equipment. Thankfully, SooMi is in an early stage of her cancer...but it's not early enough for our hospital to completely rid her of her cancer cells. And don't worry...you can come back to Korea once SooMi is...well again." he explained. "We will move you in...let's see....6 weeks."

6 weeks? That's only two weeks after JaeBeom gets back...I'll barely have any time with him before I have to leave. And who knows if I'll even come back from America...? I know the doctor said we can come back but...what if I don't make it...ani, I can't be thinking like that. You will live through this SooMi...you will...

"Well...we'll do whatever's best for our SooMi..." Appa said kissing my head. Umma came over to the bed and hugged me.

"Ok then, I guess it's settled...in 6 weeks, you'll be moving to the John Hopkins Hospital in Maryland." the doctor said, and left the room.

Everyone was silent.

Then Wooyoung spoke up.

"Wow, America huh?" I could see he wasn't too happy about this, even though he put on a smile. "Haha, you're gonna have to take lots of pictures for me when you go sightseeing ok?" he forced a laugh.

"Yah Wooyoung, she's not gonna be sightseeing...she's gonna be stuck in a hospital" Taecyeon said.

"Oh yeah...for how long?" Wooyoung asked.

"Who knows?" Appa said. "The doctor said that it could be a year."

"Haha a year? Wow, just think of all the things I could do without SooMi being there to tease me, threaten me, or yell at me." Wooyoung joked. We all laughed. But then Wooyoung's "smile" slowly dropped and I could see that he was gonna be miserable without me.

"Wooyoung" I said and opened my arms. He looked at me, got up from his chair on the other side of the room, and walked into my embrace. He hugged me tight, but this time he didn't cry.

"SooMi...why do you have to leave? Don't leave me...don't leave us..." I knew what he meant by that. Part of him was saying 'Don't go to America', but an even bigger part was (unfortunately) saying 'Don't die on us.' Don't worry Wooyoung...I'll be back.

"SooMi..." Wooyoung said.

"Ne?"

"Saranghae" he said still hugging on to me. I smiled.

"Saranghae" I said back. I knew that he didn't love me in that sense, but he loved me as his noona.

"Saranghae, SooMi" Taecyeon said walking up to us and hugging us both. Appa and Umma left the room giving us three alone time.

"You guys have been my two best friends...scratch that, like my blood brothers...no, you guys are my blood brothers and you always have been since who knows when? You will always be my brothers and nothing can change that. I love you two SO MUCH and never forget it ok?" I said hugging the both of them. "I promise you that I will come back, you hear me? No what if's ok? I WILL come back and we'll continue life as if I never had cancer, arasso?"

"Arasso, noona" they both replied. I laughed and hugged them even tighter. That was the first time they had ever called me noona.

A month later

"Yah Wooyoung! Taecyeon! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!" I yelled from the front door.

"Calm your sack, woman!" Wooyoung said rushing out of the bathroom.

"What was that?!" I yelled.

"Nothing!" he said covering his head.

"That's what I thought...Where's Taecyeon?" I asked.

"Right here" he said raising his hand as he walked out of his room.

"Oh..well, what took you so long?"

"Umm...nothing..." Taecyeon said looking around.

"Nevermind, come on!" I said grabbing both their wrists and pulling them out of their dorms. We walked through the parking lot and climbed into Wooyoung's car and drove off.

"Yah Wooyoung-ah! Can't you drive any faster? Urgh!" I growled at him.

"Yah don't rush me or my baby! It's ok, yeobo" he said rubbing the dashboard of his car with his right hand, while his left was on the steering wheel. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window while Taecyeon laughed from the backseat.

"Just calm down, SooMi...we'll get there in time." Taecyeon said reaching in front of him to put his hand on my shoulder. I just sighed. As soon as we parked, I ran out of the car and into the airport looking at the arrival times. Wooyoung and Taecyeon ran after me hoping not to lose me. As soon as I saw his flight, I ran straight to the gate. When I got there, it was empty so I paced up and down, up and down. I heard Wooyoung and Taecyeon panting as they reached me.

"Slow down SooMi!" Wooyoung said catching his breath. I continued pacing. After a few seconds Taecyeon spoke.

"You do realize, that you are going to have to tell him soon...especially since you're leaving."

"Arasso...but..."

"No buts!" they both shouted in unison. I pouted because I knew they were right. But what's he going to think? What's he going to do when I tell him. He'll definitely freak out and worry too much about me. Well, who wouldn't freak out if they discovered that while they were gone, their girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer? I'm so scared...I walked over to the ledge that overlooked the first floor of the airport with my back to the gates. I kept imagining different reactions JaeBeom could have when I tell him...some were cute and funny while others frightened me.

Just then, I felt a pair of large arms wrap around my waist from behind as a voice whispered in my ear, "Yeobo, na wasseo ~"

So what do you guys think of the story so far? Comment and subscribe please and thank you for reading :) Well I just thought I'd give my readers a little something so scroll down haha

Hahahahaha I just laugh every time I see this macro xD

:O Now THAT'S y xD haha just thought I'd share those with you guys for no apparent reason hahaha thanks again for reading and tell me what you think :)