7 ~ "I Think My Heart Just Stopped"

Why, You?

SooMi

It's been two weeks since JaeJae left. Everyday he never fails to text, call, or webcam me. Even so, I still miss him like crazy. But it's alright, just a few more weeks and he'll be back home. Today Wooyoung had the day off, but Taecyeon had an interview for a reality show. So Wooyoung and I decided to have lunch.

"So how's our damsel in distress doing without her knight in shining armor?" Wooyoung teased, holding his hands together, puckering his lips and inching closer and closer to my face.

"I'm doing just fine!" I laughed as I put my palm over his face and pushed it away.

"Oh please! You guys have been inseperable since Taecyeon and I hooked you up." he pouted.

"Hey I can survive without him being by my side! Don't get me wrong, I love him with all my heart and more, but I can't just depend on him for me to live my life. I have to show that I can be independent too..." I told him.

"Jeez...you're such a tomboy...independent my ..."

"Yah! What was that?!" I yelled.

"Nothing! I didn't say anything!" he screamed as he hid his head under his arms.

"Hahaha ..." I laughed but then stopped. Uh oh. There's that feeling again...my chest is squeezing again. Is it getting hot in here..? Oh god, I can't breathe. I started panting heavily, gasping for air. I can't breathe! Everything's going blurry...

"SooMi? Hey, SooMi are you ok?" Wooyoung asked after noticing my change in breathing.

"I can't....I can't...brea-" I managed to get out that much...my whole body was shaking...Oh no...

 

"SooMi! SooMi! Come on, wake up! Wake up! MiMi! Open your eyes!"

"Yah, you're too loud...shut up already..." I mumbled as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Pabo! You know how much you scared me! One minute, you're laughing at me, the next, you're having a panic attack!" he said pushing me with tears in his eyes.

"Yah! What was that for?!" I yelled at him as I felt pain. What? Wait, I was on a bed? Did I just fall off? "You freaking pushed me off the bed!" Then I realized something... "Where am I?" I asked.

"Hospital.." he said wiping his eyes with his sleeve while sniffling.

"What? The hospital?! Why?!" I shouted as I got back on the bed.

"'Cause you had a freaking panic attack that's why! You passed out! Jeez....did we not go over this just a few seconds ago..?"

"Panic attack? Oh yeah..." I recalled the moment where I felt that feeling and how everything went black. I put my hand on my chest...crap, it's still there. Why? It's been over a week already... Then the nurse came in with a clipboard.

"Annyeonghaseyo" she greeted us.

"Annyeong" Wooyoung and I said.

"Feeling better?" she asked.

"Much better..so did you find anything wrong with me?" I asked her.

"Well...we do have an idea of a diagnosis, but first we're going to have to ask you a few questions before we can confirm it." she explained.

"Ok..."

"Well to start, has anything unusual happened in the past few weeks?" she started. I thought for a while before speaking. Actually, unusual things have been happening but I just brushed them off, not worrying about it.

"Well...lately, my chest has been squeezing at random moments and it leads to me having difficulty breathing, but I've never passed out from it like I did today. It would only last a few seconds so..." I told her.

"What?! You mean, this has happened before?! Why didn't you tell me or Taecyeon?" Wooyoung started freaking out and attacking me with questions.

"I didn't tell you because I thought nothing of it! It wasn't too serious so I figured I might as well leave it alone." I said to him.

"Ma'am, has anything appeared on your body lately?" she continued with the questions.

"Actually...yes...there's this small lump on my chest, right above the middle of my s..." I said as I felt it.

"Just as we thought..."

We all looked to the door to see a doctor walk in.

"What? What did you guys think?" Wooyoung asked. Silence. Suddenly, the doctor spoke up.

"I'm afraid..." Oh no, this can't be good... "I'm afraid that you have Hodgkins Lymphoma...cancer..."

I think my heart just stopped.