32 ~ "I'm Sorry...I Just Can't Do It"

Why, You?

SooMi

"This is where we first met."

JaeBeom stood in front of me while gazing at me in silence. Suddenly he bowed.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park JaeBeom imnida"

"A-Annyeonghaseyo, J-Jang SooMi imnida" I stuttered. When, I said 'start over' I guess I didn't really know what I wanted. I'm touched that JaeBeom would go to this extent. 

"Annyeong, SooMi-ssi, you can just call me Jay." he indicated.

"No!" I cut him off. He looked at me startled. "I-I like JaeBeom. I like it a lot." I tried to give him my most sincere smile, and he returned it to me. I don't need to fall in love all over again. I already am in love. With the man in front of me. Gosh, this was a stupid decision. Start over? I don't know if I can do it. But I need to. I already said that I will, so I'll keep my word. 

During the course of about two hours, we just had a simple chat about how our life was going, just like two strangers that were meeting for the first time. He told me all about his life: how he was a singer, a dancer, and...how he was in love. I became curious about that.

"So, tell me more about this girl." I urged him to continue. He smiled at me.

"All right then," he started. "Well, I met her here actually, at this same spot. Two of my closest friends, Taecyeon and Wooyoung, had said they wanted me to meet someone so I came here and was introduced to her. We chatted a little, got to know each other more and before I knew it we were best friends. Later, I realized that I was in love with her so I asked her to be my first and last girlfriend, my one and only..." he trailed off and looked down as if he was guilty of something.

"JaeBeom, is something wrong?" I asked, concerned. He looked up at me.

"SooMi, I...I'm so sorry.." he told me.

"W-Waeyo?"

"I lied to you." I was confused. He lied to me? When? "When I asked you to be my one and only...I'm sorry." 

Oh.

I know what's going on. JangSoon. He must feel guilty about saying that I would be his 'one and only' and only years later he had another girlfriend. I couldn't deny the fact that it pained me whenever she came up in conversation. But what's done is done. I can't do anything about what's already happened. I can't exactly blame her for being his girlfriend. To be honest, I'm not mad or angry with her. It hurts knowing that JaeBeom had another girl besides me, but...I forgive her. I forgive him. Is it because I'm too weak to do anything about it? Or is it because I'm strong enough not to? I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that I don't want to end things with JaeBeom. He's my one and only. And I'm sure of that.

"Hey, it's okay." I held his hand. "It's my fault. I don't blame you. I mean given the situatio–"

"No! When I asked you to be my girlfriend, I was asking you to be my first and last, one and only. And I broke that promise to myself." I could tell he was being to hard on himself. As much as I would've loved to be the only woman in his life, it couldn't be helped.

"Jaebeom, look at me." My hand made its way to his chin as I made him face me. "I was your first, I may not have been your only, but I sure as hell am going to be your last."

Before I could even stop myself, I crashed my lips into his. I couldn't help myself. I missed him. I missed kissing him, I missed being with him. The way our lips moved was perfectly in sync and they fit together so well. He brought his hands to my cheeks and I know that he could feel the warmth as the heat creeped up to my blushing face. My hand held his and I poured out all my feelings into that kiss. The longing for his touch, the pain of his absence, the love that I felt.

As much as I hated to stop, I was running out of breath. I pulled away and rested my forehead on his, staring into his eyes.

"Forget this." I said.

"Forget?"

"Yeah, forget everything I said. About starting over. I just can't do it. I need you JaeBeom, I need to be with you. I can't wait forever. I've already wasted so much time by lying to myself saying I can't be with you even though I knew how much I needed to. I don't know what I was thinking. Please. Please can we just be together again?" I pleaded with him. I was begging him and I was desperate.

"No." he whispered.

"N-No?" I gasped. My breath became short.

"No. We need to start over. You were right." he was shaking his head.

"JaeBeom, no, ple–"

"Just kidding" he giggled. My jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Yah! Don't say things like that, I was seriously scared!" I whined as I hit his arm playfully. I was on the verge of tears. Tears of joy. They wouldn't stop and eventually they just came streaming down my face.

"Y-Yah, wae? Why are you crying? SooMi, gwaenchana?" JaeBeom asked worried as he cupped my cheeks.

"Pabo! I'm just...happy." I smiled.

He pulled me in for another kiss and soon we left that place, hand in hand.

***

Over the next few weeks, the news was out that we were back together. We acted just like we used to before I left. But this time, we were so much closer.

Wooyoung was doing much better. Unfortunately, it was just like the doctor had predicted. His legs were paralyzed but luckily it won't be a permanent condition. He's been attending walking rehabilitation and we've all been supportive of him and we've been there helping him learn

"Babe! Are you ready?" JaeBeom called out from the living room.

"Yeah, almost! Just wait a sec!" I replied from our bedroom.

Since JaeJae and I got back together, I moved in with him and Jayson really didn't mind at all since he found himself a nice Korean girlfriend. She's really sweet and I approve of her. I'm happy for him. I'm glad that he's found someone and I really hope they last a long time.

I looked at myself in the mirror before meeting up with JaeBeom at the front door. I took a good look at him and what he wears always puts a smile on my face.

"You ready?" he asked. I nodded and he laced his fingers with mine, leading me out of the apartment. We drove to the hospital because today was our day to help Wooyoung on his rehab. When we arrived, we headed directly to his room. We found him lying on his bed just browsing through magazines.

"Yo." JaeJae waved as we walked inside.

"Oh, hey guys." he smiled as he set down the magazine in his hands.

"Hey, how have you been?" I walked over and kissed his cheek.

"Better. I can stand on my own now without any help." he grinned as he began to remove the blankets that were wrapped around him.

"Jinja?! Wooyoung-ah that's great!" I exclaimed.

"I know! You want to see?" he asked excitedly. JaeBeom and I nodded our heads and watched in anticipation. Wooyoung slowly brought his legs to hang over the edge of his bed. As our eyes never left him, he slowly placed his feet on the cold floor and without our help, his bended knees straightened and he was standing on his own. 

"Oh my god, Wooyoung!" I yelled in joy as I hugged him. He chuckled at my action. "I'm so proud of you!" I said as I tightened the hug.

"So can you walk?" JaeBeom asked. I looked at Wooyoung, awaiting his answer. His smile slightly faded, but soon turned back up as if it never left.

"No, but I'm happy with just being able to stand. I can't take steps yet but god, you don't know how great it feels just to be able to stand on my own two feet. I never thought being immobile would be this painful. But I'm thankful that that car wreck didn't do too much damage." he explained.

"Good for you, Wooyoung. We're really proud of you." JaeBeom patted his back.

"Yahh, are you sure you're Wooyoung? When did you become so mature? What's with that answer? My little dongsaeng is growing up!" I laughed as I hugged him. I pulled away and ruffled his hair. He really is growing up though. I remember just like it was yesterday, where we were just a bunch of kids pushing each other around.

He's handled this incident really well. To add onto that, his fans have been nothing but helpful. They've sent in lots of fanmail wishing for Wooyoung's health and safety. Wooyoung's actually been loving all the attention that he's been receiving. This boy is still the same as always.

He's been really supportive of me and JaeJae too. Without him, I wouldn't even have met JaeBeom. I really owe Wooyoung my life. 

"Wooyoung-ah...Saranghae." I walked over to him and hugged him again. I didn't even realize what I was doing until I did it. But I didn't pull back because I really do love him. I don't know what I'd do without him. If I had lost him in that car wreck, my world would come crashing down. This is my brother. Always has been, always will be.

I could tell he was a little surprised at my action, but nonetheless he returned the hug for I could feel his arms wrap around me.

"Yah yah, why are you crying?" he asked as he pulled back, cupping my cheeks.

Huh? I'm crying. I chuckled.

"I didn't even notice." I laughed as I wiped away my tears. "I just really love you." I looked at him. The corners of his mouth turned up as he said the same.

"I love you too, sis."