25 ~ "Peppermint Mocha"

Why, You?

SooMi

It's warm. I didn't want to leave, but I had to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and for a moment I thought I was still dreaming. I woke up to the face that I always woke up to in my dreams. My hand made its way to his cheek, carressing it not wanting to ever let it go. My fingers traced his facial features when they made their way to his lips. I brushed my index finger over his upper lip when I realized our surroundings. We were at the hospital.

I recalled everything that happened last night and quickly sat up.

I can't be doing this. I have to put my feelings for JaeBeom aside. This isn't the time. I need to focus on Wooyoung and plus, he's moved on.  

I looked over at him again and heaved a sigh. I felt the need to walk around so I walked until I found a small coffee stand. After ordering three peppermint mochas, I check my phone while waiting. Opening up to my homescreen, I notice that I have one new message.

From: Taecyeon

Sorry SooMi but I had to leave early. I'm sorry if you hate me for leaving you with Jay, but I think that it's right for you two to be together. I'm sorry for all that you went through last night. I'm sorry that Wooyoung and I caused you pain. Please forgive us.

I'll be back as soon as I can. I just headed to JYPE to deliver the news to our group, our manager, and our CEO.

Jeongmal mianhae, SooMi...jeongmal mianhae

I have to admit it hurt a lot knowing that they had thoughts about me not coming back, but it's understandable where they were coming from. I don't hate him for leaving me with Jay. I'm honestly happy...yet sad. But it's time for me to move on.

Before the cashier got started on making the third mocha, I stopped her and told her that she doesn't need to make it anymore and I got my refund.

I walked back to the waiting room with the two coffees in my hands and noticed JaeJae still asleep. I smiled to myself.

I miss him

I shook my head trying to shake off those thoughts and approached him. Setting down his coffee, I sat myself next to him just silently sipping my peppermint mocha.

...

"Yah JaeJae it's so cold..." I shivered rubbing my arms trying to produce some heat. "Why are we walking while it's snowing outside?" JaeBeom wanted to go on a date tonight and right now we're walking the cold, dark streets in the snow.

"Just wait jagiya, it won't be long." he smiled squeezing my hand. I could never be mad at him. We turned the corner and came face to face with a coffee shop.

"JaeBeom...what are we doing here?  I thought you wanted to go out on a date...?" I asked confused.

"This is our date" he laughed and held the door open for me as I walked inside. I loved the feeling you get when you walk indoors after spending so long in the cold outdoors. I loved that heat rushing at your entire body just warming you up.

JaeJae sat me down while he went to get us some coffee. He already knows what to order me. Mocha frappe. It's my favorite.

After a couple of minutes, my sight was stolen from me by a pair of hands. I put my hands on his trying to pry them off so I could see his face.

"Jagiya, what's going on?" I smiled trying to guess what he's doing.

"Ok, slowly put your hands in front of you and grab the coffee carefully."

"Waeyo?"

"Just do it, SooMi"

I hesitated before slowly reaching for the coffee cup.

"Now, bring it to your lips...and taste it." he told me.

I followed his instructions and took a small sip. I smacked my lips after getting a small taste.

"Peppermint" I said after swallowing. I drank some more and my sight was restored to me.

"You like it?" he looked at me smiling.

I drank a little more and kissed him, giving him that minty taste.

"I love it" I laughed.

...

It's been so long since those days. I looked at my coffee and sighed. Ever since then, peppermint mocha has been my favorite, especially during the winter.

All of a sudden I heard stirring beside me. I looked down to my left and noticed JaeBeom beginning to wake up.

He furrowed his eyebrows and opened his eyes. He looked at me for a little bit before speaking.

"SooMi..." he whispered as his expression softened.

"Annyeong" I smiled at him. I reached over and handed him his coffee. He took the cup and tasted it.

"Peppermint" he said staring at the cup.

I looked at him.

"You like it?" I asked repeating our old script.

"I love it" he looked at me with a sad smile.

After moments of silence, JaeJae finally spoke up.

"SooMi-ah I'm sorry." he looked into my eyes. "I'm so sorry. JangSoon and I...w-"

"It's ok, Jay." I cut him off. "You don't have to tell me anything. I'm fine with it." I looked away as I said those last 4 words. I can't lie while looking straight into his eyes.

"...why..?" he whispered.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"Why are you calling me that? Why are you calling me Jay? You never call me Jay. You were the only one to call me by my real name. That's what made you different from everyone else. That's part of what made you special to me."

"Well that's all in the past. Now I'm just your chingu, Jay. I'm not any different from anyone else to you. Now JangSoon can call you by your real name." It hurt me telling him that. I didn't want her calling him JaeBeom or JaeJae. I didn't like calling him Jay but if it'll help me move on, then I'll do it.

Before Jay could speak again, a doctor approached him.

"Are you two related to Mr. Jang?"

"Ne, I'm his sister." I told him.

"Please follow me." he instructed and I followed.

JaeBeom looked at me for a moment before following.

I'm sorry JaeBeom...but if I talk about the past with you then I won't be able to move on. Forgive me...

A/N: Annyeong :) I got a laptop for Christmas so I should be able to update more often yaaaay ~

Thank you for commenting and for reading