5 ~ "I Promise"

Why, You?

SooMi

The rest of the night we talked as we ate dinner. Both of us were a little shy though, now that we were a couple. I can't believe that I'm his girlfriend now! I blushed just thinking about it.

"JaeJae..." I blushed when I said his name, because now I'm no longer calling for my immature, silly, goofy, childish best friend, but instead I'm calling for my boyfriend...

"Yeah?" he blushed when I said his name.

"Am I really your first girlfriend?" I asked shyly.

"Huh? Oh....yeah" he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Really?" I'm his first. Then I better not screw up his first relationship. I suddenly remembered something.

"Oh!" I said as I pulled out a little box from my small purse.

"What? SooMi you didn't have to get me anything" he said as I handed him the box. His face lit up when he saw the watch inside. "SooMi! You REALLY didn't have to get this for me! I was saving up for it and I could have bought it myself! You didn't have to waste your money on me!" he told me.

"Yah, I got it for you because I WANTED to! So don't say that I wasted my money on you! You're one of my best friends and I know you've been wanting it so I got it for you." I told him.

"But..."

"No buts! Just accept it...for me?" I said with a hint of aegyeo.

"Hmm....fine.." he pouted. "But on one condition" he said holding up his index finger.

"What?" I asked. I watched as he took the necklace he got me out of the box, stood up, walked behind me, lifted my hair, and fastened the necklace around my neck.

"You have to promise me to never take this off" he said kissing my neck. I felt the goosebumps spread all over my body. I blushed like crazy. Since when did he become so charming? What happened to the JaeJae I knew that was like a little kid? When did he become...a man?

"I promise" I whispered smiling. After hearing that he smiled, walked back to his seat, and put on the watch.

"And I promise that I'll never take this off" he said pointing to the watch.

"Haha you know you're gonna have to take it off sometime" I said.

"Hmm...fine...I'll wear it everyday and the only time I'll take it off is when I'm in water, or when I go to sleep. But first thing in the morning I'll put it on, and I'll wear it throughout the ENTIRE day. Arrasso?"

"Haha arasso.." I laughed.

Eventually it got late and we had to head home. We got up and walked over to the Ajumma and thanked her for the past few years. It was so hard to say goodbye to the cafe filled with so many memories. When we walked out of the cafe, JaeBeom grabbed my hand and intertwined my fingers with his. Wooyoung and Taecyeon went home in the opposite direction, giving us some alone time. We walked through the parking lot heading for my car. It was chilly out, but I didn't mind.

"Are you cold?" JaeBeom asked me.

"Ani...it's a little chilly, but I can handle it" I told him. Upon hearing that, he let go of my hand, wrapped his arms around my waist, hugged me from behind, and took my hand in his.

"I don't have a jacket for you, but I can hug you" he whispered in my ear. When did he become so flirty? Well, it doesn't matter because...I like it.

"Babe...you're so cute" I turned around and pinched his cheeks.

"Yah, are you seriously gonna still be treating your BOYFRIEND like a little kid?" he pouted.

"What are you talking about?? Just because you're my boyfriend now doesn't mean I can't still treat you like the childish best friend I had before." I laughed.

"Hmph." When we reached my car. He opened the passenger's side and helped me in. Once I sat down, he kissed my cheek, closed the door, and ran to the driver's side. As we pulled over to my apartment I realized something.

"JaeJae...how are you gonna get home?" I asked remembering that we took my car home and he had no means of returning to his own home.

"I'm going to walk." he said smiling.

"What? No, I won't let you. Come on, I'll drop you off" But he stopped me.

"SooMi, my job as your boyfriend is to make sure my girlfriend gets home safely. It doesn't matter how I get home. It only matters how YOU get home, ok?" he said with a serious face that slowly turned into a smile. How could I say no to him?

"Fine..." I pouted, giving in to him.

"Well, well, well, look who's cute now..." he said leaning over, putting his hand on my cheek and kissing me. Sure enough, I wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt his arms wrap around my waist as our kiss deepened. Oh, god we've been going at this for a while....I can't breathe. I finally pulled away.

"JaeBeom..." I said breathing heavily.

"No, just a little more..." he gasped and continued kissing me. I pulled away for a second time.

"JaeBeom...it's late. And you have a recording session tomorrow..." I said looking at him..

"Ugh, I don't care about work anymore I want to spend tomorrow with YOU" he whined as he frowned.

"Yah! Park JaeBeom! Don't say that! I know you LOVE your job ok? And it's not gonna be my fault if you show up late tomorrow" I said. "Besides, we'll see each other again tomorrow, ok?" I gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Fine..." he pouted. I laughed at how cute he was.

"Good night baby...Saranghae, SooMi" he said hugging me tightly.

"Good night...Saranghae, JaeBeom" I squeezed him back.

After finally letting go, we both got out of the car. I watched him as he slowly walked away blowing me air kisses, and when he was out of sight, I headed inside to my apartment. When I closed the door, I leaned against it, looked up, and just fell on the floor.

KYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!! I'M HIS GIRLFRIEND AND WE JUST MADE OUT! HE LOVES ME. I CAN'T STOP SMILING...MY HEART'S GONNA BURST INTO A MILLION PIECES.