1 ~ "Our Story Begins..."

Why, You?

SooMi

I got out of bed and headed toward the bathroom to wash up. How could I still be dreaming about him after 2 years? 2 years! I need to think...Maybe taking a shower will help take my mind off things.

Did I dream about him because I miss him? Well...of course I miss him...we didn't want to break up...it couldn't be helped.

After my shower, I got changed and headed out of my apartment.

"Taxi!" I called and waited for one of the yellow vehicles to stop in front of me. "USF, Health Department please." I told him and he drove off.

My name is Jang SooMi. I'm 24 years old and a student in college. I live in Florida, United States due to certain circumstances. Those certain circumstances led to inspiring me to work in the medical field, so I have been studying to be a nurse. Just a few months ago I became an RN and am now working at St. Joseph's Hospital for Children. After RN I hope to become a pediatrician in the near future.

***

I'm so tired...I had a patient today that wouldn't stop calling for me. Miss Jang this, Miss Jang that. That's one thing I HATE about being an RN! I can't wait to crawl up in my bed..

7 years ago...

*DING DONG*

The bell rang dismissing school. I got up grabbed my things and ran out of the classroom. Come on I've got to hurry, that new drama's airing today and I don't wanna miss the premiere. Faster SooMi, faster....

"Ow!" What the hell...did I just run into somebody? Looking up I saw someone who I knew was going to slow me down.

"Yah, Jang SooMi, watch where you're going!"

"Aish, WooYoung! You're in my way! I'm in a hurry!" Standing up, I raced past him when I felt something jerk me back.

"WooYoung, let go!!" I screamed trying to kick him off of me.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked me, looking me dead in the eyes as if saying 'You better say the right answer.'

"Home! A new drama was released and if I don't hur" He cut me off, before I could even finish.

"No, you promised that you would hang out with me and Taecyeon so you could meet our friend today." he said poking his finger at my chest as if accusing me of a crime.

"Yah Jang Wooyoung! Just because you're famous now doesn't mean you can do whatever you want!" I argued with him, and if glares could kill he would definitely be dead by now.

"Hey! You have to listen to me anyway since I'm your older brother!"

"No you're not!" I scoffed. "Jang is a common surname! Besides you're younger than me pabo! You're 15, I'm 17." I rolled my eyes at his attempt at getting his way. "Can I please go home now?" I pleaded with him.

"Andwae, you're hanging out with us today whether you like it or not." he said as he dragged me out of the school.

"Yah! Jang Wooyoung you let me go RIGHT NOW!! Pabo!! Let me go!! Ahh!" Great. Now I have to miss the premiere! Let me call Appa...

"Yeobeosaeyo?"

"Appa?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you record the premiere of that new drama coming out for me?"

"Waeyo? I thought you were coming home early today so you wouldn't miss it...?"

"I was but then somebody.." I coughed sarcastically, "...said that I made plans with him and Taecyeon today and now I can't go home." I stuck my tongue out at Wooyoung and he just laughed at me.

"Ohh...all right...have fun." he hung up. I could hear him smirking. Aish, what kind of a father...

"Yah, Wooyoung where are we going anyway?" I asked him after finally giving up. Apparently I promised him and a promise is a promise.

"I told you, we're going to meet up with Taecyeon and our friend. We're just going to grab a bite to eat." he replied, I didn't say anything but just pouted. In no time, we reached the cafe and upon entering we heard a familiar voice calling out to us.

"Wooyoung! SooMi!" We looked over at who called us.

"Oh, Taecyeon!" Immediately we approach his table and take a seat next to him.

"So where's your friend?" I asked them with an expressionless face.

"He's not here yet...what's up with you, SooMi? Don't tell me you forgot we made plans today?" he asked me, laughing.

"Of course she did. If I didn't drag her out of school she would've ran home to watch some stupid drama." Wooyoung replied as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Hey! It's not some stupid drama ok? Aish...you guys.." I couldn't believe this. Missing out on a premiere and being teased by my best friends are definitely the perfect way to spend my day.

"It is stupid, SooMi...oh hey, he's here..." Wooyoung pointed to the door indicating that our visitor had arrived. I looked in the direction he pointed and saw a guy walk in who looked around our age wearing a simple white hoodie, a pair of glasses, topped off with a hat. He looked like a dork. It was actually...kind of cute.

"Hmm...so this is the reason why I'm missing my drama? This is the guy?? What's so special about him?" I hissed loud enough for only Wooyoung to hear me. After hearing that, he kicked me under the table. "Ow!" I winced.

"Jay! Over here!" Taecyeon waved getting his attention.

Jay? So that's his name...

"Oh, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, sorry I'm late.." the so called 'Jay' apologized.

"It's alright man," Taecyeon started, "This is SooMi" he said introduced me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Park JaeBeom imnida" Jay bowed.

"Dude, no need to be polite," Wooyoung patted his back. "Just call him Jay, SooMi" he told me.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jang SooMi imnida...listen JaeBeom-ssi," I started.

"Jay" Wooyoung cut me off, correcting me.

"I don't care..." I continued while glaring at my idiot friend. "It was nice to meet you, but I have somewhere to be right now so if you don't mind..." I got up and started walking toward the door when Wooyoung and Taecyeon stopped me this time.

"Woah woah woah, you're not leaving now. He just got here come on, get to know him" they winked at each other. That was...weird..? I sighed. I guess it would be rude to leave now.

We chatted for a while at the cafe, getting to know each other better. I found out that JaeBeom-ssi is part of the boy band 2pm along with Wooyoung and Taecyeon. I know, it's pretty sad, that I don't even know the name of the boy band that my two best friends are in. I also discovered that he's the same age as me. Since he was in a boy band, I asked him to sing a little for me. He sang me a verse from Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" and I was amazed at how easy he made it sound. I've tried singing that song and trust me, it's not easy. Apparently, he lived in America for a big part of his life so he's very fluent in English. He can even hide his Korean accent when he speaks. Impressive. As time passed, I got more into the conversations and the new drama was completely away from my mind. Wooyoung and Taecyeon left earlier since the freshmen at our school had an assembly the next day. Surprisingly enoug, JaeBeom-ssi was a senior at our school, just like me. Why didn't I see him before? Weird...I was shocked at how much time passed and decided that it was time to head home.

"It was nice meeting you JaeBeom-ssi" I said standing.

"Oh it's ok, you don't need to add any honorific." I nodded as he continued, "Umm, if you don't mind...can I walk you home? It's pretty late you know." he looked out the window at the dark night.

"Sure" I smiled and we both headed out.

We continued some of our previous conversations as we walked toward my house. Before I knew it, we arrived.

"Well, umm guess I'll see you at school...tomorrow?" he asked shyly, rubbin the back of his neck. I smiled at how adorable he was.

"Yeah...I'd like that." I laughed, giving him a sincere smile.

"Ok, bye" he waved.

"Bye" I returned the wave as I watched his figure walk away, disappearing into the night.

Hmm...maybe today wasn't so bad after all...