By my side

Jekyll and Hyde

I was slowly gaining my senses back. I could feel a tingling sensation coursing through my body as my brain tries to gain control of my body again. My eyes were the first thing that started functioning properly. From the darkness, i was pulled and thrown into a world of bright and explosive colours. My vision was a kaleidoscope of colours, mashing and mixing together, creating incoherent figures and shapes. And yet, the shapes were slowly forming a face. A face that was as clear as diamonds in my eyes. My eyes were still adjusting, but her face was the first thing that came to focus. 

Nextcame my sense of touch. I could feel her warmth, her delicate fingers caressing my cheek, her hand combing my hair. It felt calming and a warm feeling flooded my heart, filling up my body. My skin tingled where her fingers pass, sending chills down my spine. As my senses came back, I realised I was lying down, my head resting on something soft and smooth. I continued staring upwards, into her eyes. Those eyes that are filled with worry and fear, worry for me, and fear for what I might become. She was still holding me gently as I reached out to grab her. My hand cupoed her face and a wave of relief washed over her. She let a small sigh and gave me a relieved smile, knowing I was better jow. My thumb her cheek, still adjusting and getting its feelings back. She leaned into it, enjoying the sensation as her eyes bore into mine. 

" I'm glad you're better now. I was so worried when I came over and you were lying on the floor curled up in a ball. It looked as if you had a seizure and I didn't know what to do so I just held you close. I didn't know what to do and I was so worried-"

Without warning, I leaned forward and kissed her. The electric sensation coursed through my lips, shocking my whole body awake and making senses tingle back alive. My senses felt hundred times more sensitive. Her lips tasted like cherries,  smooth and sweet on mine. My tongue savoured her taste, letting it explode in its sweet glory in my mouth. Her scent filling my nose, mixing with her taste to give me a sweet, delightful taste. I was reluctant to, but I released her, my lips separating from hers. Immediately, a sense of emptiness washed over me, but that quickly nullified as I pulled her into a hug.

" You did fine. Now just stay with me, beside me, and watch over me. Can you do that for me? Can you stay by my side?"

I pushed me back, and looked into my eyes. Just like I did before, she leaned forward without warming and kissed me, this time harder. Her hands were locked behind my neck, keeping me in place. I didn't want to stop anyway. My hands wrapped around her waist, bringing her closer to me . Just as I was starting to get into the kiss, she released me.

" Thats enough for now, but does that answer your question?"

I involuntarily released a growl through my teeth, wanting more of those precious lips. I leaned in for more, but she placed a finger on my lips, stopping me in my progress. 

" No. You need to rest. I can't let you get excited after you just experienced a seizure!"

I tried to resist, but it was no use. After she mentioned it, the fatigue set in. Even though I had knocked out, I technically didn't sleep. I was up all night and now, I was sleepy as hell. But then I remembered. If I fall asleep, iI'll go back to that ceel, that pit of my nightmares and meet that.... that man again. But despite that fear, having Krystal beside me, I felt a sense of serenity around me. 

" Sleep with me. I need you with me."

She was flustered at first, her face turning a bright shade of red misinterpreting what I said. It was funny, yet cute at the same time. It took her a while before she realised I meant it literally? With her by my side, I felt the most calm in ky sleep I've ever slept in years. That nightmare and that man, I never want to see them again.