Killer

Jekyll and Hyde
THe sound of birds chirping woke me up. A few rays of sunlight shone through the curtains, stinging my eyes as I opened them slowly. My head was throbbing, like a horrible hangover. That was weird, since I didn't remember drinking last night. Granted, I didn't remember anything since my twin choked me half to death. The memory of him choking me jolted some sense back into my head. Despite the migraine, I tried to remember what had happened. I was choking. On myself. That was impossible! I'm sure someone else was there. My twin. He was here, and he tried to kill me! I jolted up from my bed, throwing the blanket aside. The sudden movement caused the blood in my head to rush downwards and causing the migraine to get worse. My vision became fuzzy and unfocused, and yet despite the double-vision, I noticed something on the floor. My shirt, jeans and leather jacket was left lying on the floor, in a mess. That wasn't what alarmed me. What made me worry were the stains on my jacket and jeans. Dark red. Crusted. Only one substance could look like that. Blood.

The sound of knocking threw me into action. I Ran and picked up the clothes, stuffing them into the laundry basket. I didn't have the luxury to properly see what it was, or even think. I just needed to dump them somewhere. After making sure they weren't visible, I went to answer the door.

"Hey Myungsoo! I brought breakfast!"

Krystal pushed me aside and let herself in, two bags of food in her hands. The sight of her in the morning was just what I needed. My head cleared up and I could feel my body responding to her. I couldn't help but smile. I felt myself hold my breath as she pulled her hair back to tie it up. I didn't know why, but it was just really attractive to look at. I creeped up behind her as she set up our food, and hugged her from behind. I nuzzled my face on her shoulder, causing her to giggle. The sound of her laughter was angelic. The feeling of her body in my arms was perfect. The smell of her perfume was aromatic. I spun her around and pecked her lips, tasting the strawberry lipstick she was wearing. She was grinning, enjoying my show of affection.

"We can do this after breakfast. Now eat."

She wrapped her arms around my neck as she warned me, her eyes boring into mine, before pushing me onto the chair to eat. I just wanted more time with her, because deep inside, I knew something was wrong. Something happened. I just couldn't remember what. That was when the answer to my question came knocking. Literally.

The knocking was rough and incessant, as though the person was impatient. I ran to answer the doorm since it sounded urgent. What greeted me were two men, around their 20s, wearing suits and a coat.

"Good morning sir, sorry to bother you but is this the residence of Mr Kim Myungsoo?"

"Yes, I'm Kim Myungsoo. Is there a problem?"

"Unfortunately, yes. My name is Detective Hoya and this is my partner, Dongwoo. We're sorry to inform you but, your parents have been found dead, murdered, this morning."

I stood there in shock. I couldn't register it at first, their words not making sense. And then it hit. My parents were dead? ! Murdered! How, why would such a thing happen? I took a few steps back, allowing the officers to enter. Krystal came up to me, her face full of worry and caution. She heard everything and I could see in her eyes the concern for me. I led the two officers to the living room, for questioning.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

The second officer, Dongwoo, gave a pat on my back and offering his condolences before sitting down with his partner,

"If you don't mind sir, could we as you some questions?"

"Uhhh sure.... I guess. I'm not sure I'll be much help though. I haven't seen them in years."

"Really now? Its fine. Whatever you know might be useful. Now firstly, do your parents have any enemies? Any conflicts or fights recently?"

"No, not that I could recall. Then again I haven't contacted them much. My parents and I don't really share a close bond, so I don't realky know of any conflicts or problems they had."

As I was talking, I realised I wasn't feeling sad at all. I didn't feel remorseful or mournful. In my head, I was trying to help the detectives, whereas my heart, it couldn't care less. I was talking to Detective Dongwoon, and I realised his partner was just observing me. His eyes were staring directly into mine, scannng my soul. Krystal was beside me, holding my hand trying to comfort me. I was enjoying the touch of her soft skin, instead of mourning for my parents, and I guess the guilt was shown in my eyes because Hoya had this weird expression for a split second, before he started asking me questions.

"Mr Myungsoo, where were you last night at approximately midnight?"

I looked at him, alittle puzzled at his question.

"Uhhh why would you ask me such a ques-?"

And then, it struck me.

"Wait are you accusing me of killing my parents?!"

"I'm sorry but this is an investigation. A murder invesyigation. Anyone, and everyone is fair game. Anyone is a suspect and that includes you too mr Myungsoo."

"But this is my parents we're talking about here! My parents! Why in Gods revolver would I kill ny own parents!"

"I'm sorry once again Mr Myungsoo. However, I must ask you to come to the station for more questioning. I just want to cover every rock and find this killer, and I need your cooperation. That means questioning and possible suspect. I will give you two days to come to the station for questioning. Please we need your cooperation sir."

This time it was Dongwoo who talked to me. I merely nodded my head as I glared at Hoya, who was staring back at me with these dead eyes. Krystal lead them out, my eyes still stuck on that Hoya guy. He was dangerous. He could have found out. Because I finally figured out what happened. The blood, the lost memories, the lack of emotion. I did it. I killed my parents, didn't I?