Hear thou voice

Jekyll and Hyde
" They say that demons and monsters are scary. But do you know what I fear the most, the one we should be wary of? Our inner-demons are the most feared entities we can face." - anonymous

-----------

I found myself in the dark room again. The air felt heavy, filled with decay and death. The smell of moss and blood mixed in the air, a foul-smelling concoction invading my senses. And the harsh raspy breaths coming from the cell were the only sounds I could hear. I could see him, and indistinguishable figure just sitting there. His eyes were hidden behind his fringe, but I could feel the glare piercing my soul. He had a loathsome sneer, one directed at me. I couldn't feel myself breathe, as though my lungs were being pressed by an unknown pressure.

" Tick tock tick tock. Its just a matter of time, Myungsoo."

He waved his fingers in front of him, as though a pendulum of a grandfather clock.

" This goes on..... And I'll be able to have some fun HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA "

He stretched his arms out, a guttural laugh resonating the room. Only now I noticed, the chains on his arms were hacked. The cuff on his wrists were not connected to chains, but were still fettered to his wrists. Chains were still pierced to his back, pinning him to the wall. As he raised his arms, the rags shrouding his arms fell away, exposing the scars and cicatrices on his arms. His laugh subsided as he again stared at me. This time, his stare was more fanatical, a charisma so suffocating, I felt claustrophobic. Fear Gripped me, choking me of my consciousness. My vision started deteriorating. I could only choke in the darkness, the image of the man sneering at me engraved into my mind.

I woke up in bed, instinctively breathing in as much air as possible. This caused me to cough and retch, the sudden intake of oxygen too much for my lungs. My eyes watered as I trailed my throat, the dream still fresh in my mind. I looked out the window, only now realising I slept through the day and it was dark now. That was when it struck. The headache struck like a ton of bricks, the agony thundering throughout my whole body. I rushed out to the toilet, nearly knocking down anything in my path. But alas, when I swung the cupboard door open, they were not there. The pills, they were gone. I had forgotten about them, forgotten to buy them. The pain didn't let up, not giving me time to think. I slumped onto the floor, curled up in a ball. The pain was excruciating. I had never had to last this long before. I could hear the guttural laughter again, far in the distance. It scared me. I felt alone, slowly losing my mind. I stayed there till exhaustion got to me.

I sat in the living room, my eyes fixed on the clock. I was waiting for it to reach 9:30, the moment the clinic opens, which is still an hour to go. I dropped my head, rubbing ny eyes. I felt so sleepy and tired, and just not in the right mind. Just then, I heard my phone ring.

" Hi... Is this Myungsoo?"

" Yes. Who is This?"

My voice sounded tired and aged.

" Its me, Krystal. I'm sorry, did I disturb you or wake you up or something?"

The sound of her voice angelic in the morning, and it calmed my nerves. I could feel the edges of my mouth rising into a smile.

" No its fine. Why'd you call?"

" I need a favour. Could you Ummmm possibly help me?"

" Well depends. What is it?"

" Well, I have an audition and could you..... Accompany me?"

That seemed a little odd to me. Why would she want to ask me, of all people, to accompany her to an audition? I just met her yesterday!

" I'm honored and all, but why me?"

" I live alone and most of my friends are busy, .....and the first person I thought of was you..."

Even from here I could feel her blush from from embarassment. I was hesitant to answer, even though I felt happy and tempted to say yes. I needed to get the pills, to avoid another nightmare, and another attack.

* Follow her...... Follow.....*

A voice in my head, a deep, discordant voice repeated those words in my head, as though hypnotising me. Without me realising, I answered.

" Sure. Why not. I'd love to spend the whole day with you."