escape

Jekyll and Hyde
I slipped on the leather jacket before glancing at the bed. My eyes scanned the figure on my bed. Her figure was beautifully accentuated, the blanket hugging her body tightly. The sun creeping through the drapes merely bathed her in an angelic glow. So this is Krystal. No wonder Myungsoo loves her. Without realizing, I found myself standing over her, marvelled by her beauty. I could only let out a sigh. It’s unfortunate how someone like her could get involve with someone like us. Or more specific, someone like me. I reached for the gloves on the bedside table, my eyes constantly on Krystal. As my face creep closer to hers, the full view of her beauty hit me. Her skin, her features, her lips. They were the work of angels. The more I stared at her, the heavier my heart grew. I knew she could never stay in my life. Neither mine nor Myungsoo's. For the first time since I came back, I felt warm. This warmth could never last, and I knew that, but I wanted to enjoy it while I can because after tonight, the plan expedites, and I'll might just have to escape the country after the plan comes to a wrap. No matter how I see it, I..... I mean we, can never be together with her. She doesn't belong in our world. A world of beasts. I took one last glance at her as the door closes.

My boots scraped the concrete floor as I walked into the warehouse. The sounds of my footsteps resounded loudly in the warehouse, bouncing off the walls and back to my eardrums. The sounds of my keys rattled loudly as I unlocked one of the containers, swinging it open. The light crept in slowly, revealing the body of Minah, shackled and tied to a chair in the middle of the container. I moved her here with what little consciousness I had left before…… I lost myself. There was blood on the floor. Not a lot, just a few drops here and there. They were quite fresh too. My eyes traced upwards to her body. There were bruises and cuts, fresh and old, all over her body. I could only chuckle at her.

“What did I say about struggling, huh Minah?”

The mention of her name made her look up. Her eyes were puffy and red and still wet. She merely stared at me quietly, her sobs muffled by the gag around .

“Didn’t I say that if you tried to struggle and move, the barbed wire will just deep digger into your skin? Look at you, all bloody and hurt. I can’t let Dr Jaehwan’s favourite mistress get hurt, now can I?”

Her eyes shut tight, as she let out another silent cry. Tears streamed down her cheeks, somewhat washing away the dirt on her face. I crouched in front of her, my hand gently caressing her face, wiping away the tears.

“There, there, this will all be over, okay? All you got to do is just listen to me, okay? Okay?”

She tried to look away, not wanting to look at her kidnapper. I couldn’t help myself. My hand went stiff and roughly cupped her face, making her look at me in the eye.

“HEY, LISTEN TO ME! LOOK AT ME WHILE I’M TALKING TO YOU”

My voice boomed throughout the container. I could feel my face contorting and my breathing getting heavier. I was bearing my teeth, ready to harm her. I shut my eyes, trying to control myself before I lose myself. I took a breath before opening my eyes. I was staring at the ground, at the blood dripping on the floor. My eyes trailed upwards towards the source of the dripping. I let go of her face as I let out a sigh. My hands gently pressed her thigh, just above the cuts. They were deep, considering they were from barbed wires.

“Listen, I know you’re scared, and I know you’re hurt. I don’t want to drag this on forever. I’d rather we get this over with quickly, so please just cooperate. I’d rather not torture you, so just cooperate, and I won’t have to hurt you anymore than I need to.”

My finger traced the wound, wiping away the dripping blood. My eyes flicked upwards, staring into hers. I could see the sadness and fear in her eyes, emotions that were trying to reach to me. But I had shut myself. I wasn’t going to be affected this time. I pulled down the gag around , letting her breathe better. Once again the sound of her sobs were the only thing filling up the container. I took out a wire cutter and started cutting the wires, starting from her feet.

“Okay since you won’t say anything, I take it as a yes. Silence means consent. So first, I’ll take you to another place, a room, and I’ll take care of these wounds, and then you’ll tell me where Dr Jaehwan is, or you could call him for me, whichever works. I’m not picky. So long I get my hands on that quack.”

I held her soft hands, as I cut away the bonds around her arms. My thumb was her wrist, as though trying to calm her down. When the last wire was cut, I crouched in front of her, our faces inches away from each other.

“I trust you will do the right thing Minah. I really need you right now.” She closed her eyes as I closed in on her, tasting her bloodied lips. I could feel her body relaxing, the muscles in her arms going slack. Suddenly I felt myself pushed back, landing on my back. My eyes were still shut, but I could still hear her running away, her footsteps against the harsh concrete. “You reeeeeeally shouldn’t have done that, MINAH-YA!”