Myungsoo

Jekyll and Hyde
"I have been made to learn that the doom and burden of our life is bound forever on man’s shoulders; and when the attempt is made to cast it off, it but returns upon us with more unfamiliar and more awful pressure." - Dr. Henry Jekyll, the strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

---------------

I sat in the corner of a room, huddled up within the darkness. The room was divided in the center, separated by a cell. Growls were emitted from within the cell, echoing throughout the room. I could feel myself standing up and approach the cell, my body moving on its own. As I stood in front of the cell, I could hear movements, chains clicking together and heavy breathing. Someone, or something, was in there, and he was restless. The moonlight soon shone in through a window, and bathed the room I'm a dim glow. That's when the silhouette moved, rushing forward towards me. The sudden movement sent me reeling backwards, causing me to trip and fall.

" Get me out of here! Get these chains off of me!"

The man growled at me, clutching the bars and pushing himself against his chains. He reached out at me, clawing at the space between us. I couldn't see his face, but his eyes shone a menacing glare. I could see the chains on his arms, rusted and bulky. Dried blood crusted on his wrists, signs of his desperate struggle to escape. Piercing on his backs were connected to more chains, restraining him to the wall. I crawled backwards, getting further away from the man.

" You'll pay for this. You'll regret ever imprisoning me and trying to get rid of me! You'll pay for this, you hear me?! I'M COMING TO GET YOU!!"

His voiced boom as he rammed himself against the cell bars. The impact shocked me back to reality, waking me up from my dream. I sat up in bed, drenched in cold sweat and panting profusely. My head throbbed in pain as I succumbed to a booming headache. Th pain reverberated throughout my body, as though tearing me apart. I staggered out of my room towards the bathroom. I opened up a cabinet and ransacked the medicine box, looking for it. With shaky hands, I dumped a handful of pill into my mouth and swallows without any liquids, relying solely on my saliva. The pills had an immediate effect, relieving me of the headache and the subsequent pain. The relief felt like heaven, a total pleasure for me. I slumped onto the floor, succumbing to the relief.


I could only sigh as I popped the last pill into my mouth, washing it down with water. I threw the bottle away before slinging my bag over my shoulder. Last night completely depleted my pill supplies. I needed those pills to maintain my muscle growth, a problem my parents told me I was diagnosed since 5. I'm suppose to take only 2 every morning and 2 more before going to sleep, but lately, I've been taking more than my daily dose. I've been having more and more of these nightmares lately and for some reason, those pills were the only thing that provided relief. As I left the house, I made a mental note to get a new bottle of those pills. I lived alone after I moved out to attend college, meaning I had to go and buy those pills myself.

" Myungsoo ah! C'mon we're going to be late!"

Lee Sungyeol, my best friend. He's been my friend since we were kids, and moved in with me to attend college. He's the one guy I trust with my whole life.

" You go on ahead. I want to go get some coffee!"

" Seriously? Geez just because you're smart doesn't mean you can just skip classes."

" Shut up and just go yeah?"

Sungyeol walked off, but not before giving me the finger. That punk sometimes get on my nerves. I strolled leisurely enjoying the morning. I wanted to get my prescription as fast as possible, so I was going to the clinic and meet my family doctor. Dr Jaehwan is a close family friend and has been the one providing me the pills and taking care of me here in Seoul. He was a sort of godfather to me. As I passed the cafe to the clinic, I felt something come into contact with me. Next thing I knew, I was on my back on the street.

" Oh god! I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry I truly am!"

The girl kept apologizing, and yet she wasn't getting off of me. I could only lie flat on my back as the girl kept apologizing while in my arms.

" Yeah Ummmm, could you get off of me first? I'm kind of not comfortable being in this position."

She quickly got back on her feet, still Apologizing.

" No its fine. Really, I'm okay."

" Let me buy coffee as a way of apologizing. I'm Krystal by the way."