Chief of sinners, Chief of sufferers

Jekyll and Hyde
" If I am the chief of sinners, I am the chief of sufferers also." - The strange cause of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

------------------

The air was stale and stifling. I was back in the cellroom, staring in absolute darkness. I could feel the fear and foreboding reverberate deep within my bones. My eyes stared straight ahead, into the cell and into the red eyes of the man inside. His hair covered half his face, but his eyes peeked through his fringe, and they were filled with pure hatred and venom. Yet he was smirking, a cocky sneer spread across his face. I couldn't recognise him, but he seemed familiar, as though I know this man. He was sitting cross-legged, just like me, directly mirroring me. I felt anger well up inside of me as I stared at the man, but a sense of dread and intimidation paralysed me to the floor.

" Back again? You seem to be visiting more often these days. Seems like the time is quickly approaching Hahaha. Tick tock tick tock. The sands of time is slipping, and I'm ready to make my comeback."

He stood up, erecting to his full height. He was fitter and much more bigger than he was before. And the chains, they were no longer shackling him to the wall. He turned his back to me, his hand caressing the wall. It was then that I saw his back, full of scabs and scars, piercings with rusted nails and metals probing him.

" You have no idea how much I've suffered in here. And the pain I have planned for that damned doctor. You, him, and everyone that threw me away and lock me up. They will..... Suffer."

He suddenly punched the wall, the impact producing a sickening Crunch as concrete met flesh and bone. The sound sent chills down my spine, and I could see the blood seeping from his fist, painting the cracked brick wall with more blood. Instead of crying out in pain, the man started giggling, as though he thought of something funny. He dropped to his knees, clutching his wrist but he continued giggling, which turned to laughter. He grew hysterical every minute, laughing his head off, all the while staring at me with those beastly eyes. I crawled backwards, my back hitting the wall behind me. The demonic laughter invaded my eardrums, echoing inside my brain. I covered my ears, a futile attempt at drowning him out, drowning that, that, heinous laughter.

" Why are you like that Myungsoo?! Hahaha I just want to have a lil bit of fun! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHA"

" Shut up, shut up! SHUT UP! SHUT THE UP!!"

I was screaming, my eyes clutched closed trying to fight the laughter with my own voice.

I jumped off of bed, still screaming ' shut up'. The migraine in my head was back, and with a vengeance. My body shivered in pain and fear, a mixture that raced my heart at a dangerous speed. My breathing sounded shallow and quick, as though I had run a marathon. I was curled up on the floor, hands covering my ears and shivering in fear. I could still hear the laughter, somewhere in the distance. I needed the pills, but I had none. I was alone. I was in pain. I want to die.

My eyes wanderedy room, looking for Something, anything, that could help. And then I saw my phone. And my mind was quick to decide. I jumped out, stretching for my phone And quickly dialed her number. The dialtone felt like years before she finally picked up

" Hello?"

Merely hearing her voice was already calming me down.

" Krystal...... Krys....... I'm scared.... I'm ing scared Krys...."

" Myungsoo? Myungsoo! What happened?! Myungsoo are you okay??!!"

I could only whimper as a reply, the pain gripping my lungs and making me short of breath.

" I'll be right over Myungsoo! Please just stay with me. Don't hang up, you hear me? Don't han-"

I couldn't hear her anymore as the pain completely overwhelmed me, and my senses dulled. I couldn't hear, I couldn't see, touch taste or feel. I felt lonely in the darkness.