Problems

Jekyll and Hyde
I ran my fingers through my hair, pushing my fringe away from my eyes. I sipped the coffee I just bought as I sat in the cafeteria. Krystal was having her audition and I promised her I'd wait for her. Sitting on the cafeteria table, I was starting to consider to go back on my promise. My hands were sweating, beads of perspiration trailing down my back. Ever since Krystal went off for her audition, a sense of anxiety gripped me. My mind was playing tricks on me in the middle of the day. It felt as though people were watching me, looking at me as though I was a freak. I was sure I was imagining things But I thought I saw their eyes, non-human and piercing.

Suddenly, a young man a few years older than me approached me. He was squinting while approaching me apprehensively, making his eyes look like slits.

" Are.... You okay?"

I recoiled roughly as his hand reached out to touch me.

" Don't touch me!"

I didn't know why I shouted. It was as though paranoia had gotten the best of me. The man recoiled just as fast, his arm shooting back away from me. I couldn't see his eyes, mostly because they were too small, but I could feel the caution from his body language.

" I'm sorry. I'm just a little.... Nervous. I'm not in my right mind now so I'm sorry."

My head slumped forward, resting in the palms of my hands. I need to calm down.

" No its fine, I understand. Auditioning is a nerve- wrecking thing to do."

He sat Beside, though abit warily, before offering a handshake.

" I'm Sungkyu by the way."

" Myungsoo."

My voice sounded cold, though not my intention. I was starting to calm down a little bit. Starting a conversation might keep my mind occupied.

" So you here to audition?"

I looked at the man while trying to put on a smile. He replied with a lopsided grin and a slight nod. His mouth trembled slightly, and small beads of sweat formed on his forehead. The conversation went on smoothly, talking about his wish to be a singer, changing from rock to the pop genre. Slowly, as the conversation wore on, my senses came back. My breathing was back to normal and no sense of anxiety gripped me. I was relieved, but it only lasted a second. I was getting agitated and annoyed. I stared at Sungkyu and I imagined myself on top of him, my fingers wrapping themselves around his neck. My muscles tensed up and anger festered within me.

" Myungsoo!"

Krystal's voice pulled me back to reality. I blinked rapidly a few times, trying to shake off the images I envisioned.

" I'm sorry, I...... I have to go."

I dashed off to meet Krystal, still not believing what I thought I saw. I grabbed Krystal's hand and dragged her out of there. I didn't know what was happening to me, or why, but I have to get out of there.

" Myungsoo..... Myungsoo stop! What's wrong?"

I didn't realise I was dragging Krystal bling so roughly till we The end of the block. I looked down at my hands. Am I really capable of doing such an act? It felt so.... Real. And the sudden spike of anger. I was starting to scare myself but when I turned to look at Krystal, all my worries faded away. Looking at her worried face, her eyes holding only concern for me, it dispelled any negative emotions within me. Without me thinking, I pulled her into a hug. I just needed someone to comfort me.

" I'm sorry..... I just not feeling right. You don't mind following me to the clinic, do you?"

I breathed into her ear. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted her close to me and keep the fears away. I could feel her cheeks burning against mine and her nodding. That was a relief, and I allowed myself a smile. But another problem cropped up:

" The clinic will be closed for next 3 days, 9-11 January 2014. I will be away in the countryside and thus my clinic will be closed on these days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Dr. Jaehwan.

............. .