Addiction

Jekyll and Hyde
I could only curse under my breath as I stared at the notice. My mind was filled with thoughts and scenarios. I was considering calling Dr Jaehwan and personally find him to collect the pills, but that seemed a little bit to desperate.

" Hey we can go to another clinic you know."

I didn't realise I was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what to do. I was desperate to get those pills, the thought of getting them the only thing in my head. I faced her with wonder in my eyes. The idea seemed good at first. Getting the pills from another doctor. Then it struck me, I never knew the name of the pills. I couldn't even remember what they looked like. The look on my face changed in an instant.

" No, no. I have to get it from here. The doctor's a family friend."

I sat on the front steps, my hands covering ny face. Without those pills, my night is going to be a pain. I could already feel the headache and that sent shivers down my spine.

" Myungsoo are really okay? You look..... Terrified, to be honest."

I peaked through my fingers, looking at her concerned eyes. I felt a slight relief, a sense of comfort. I was compelled to tell her everything, and I didn't even know why. I just wanted to let everything out, and just stay by her side.

" Okay...... But lets go to my house and talk."


I poured everything out, the dreams, the pain, the voices, the man. I wanted to let everything out, release the tension building Within me. After I recalled everything to her, she looked at me, her eyes not giving anything away.

" I'm sorry, but from what you say, I'm thinking you're addicted."

I was shocked by her words. I felt offended, to say the least. Me, an addict?!

" Woah Woah Woah there! Are you trying to say I'm a drug addict?!"

I was on my feet now, shaking my head. Crazy talk. I'm not addicted. I just need the pills to keep me relaxed. They're like, the cure to my nightly migraine. I'm not addicted.

" I'm sorry! But answer me this. Do you take more than the required subscription? Do you feel dejected or totally out of it when you don't take those pills? Don't you realize how sick you looked the whole day? Or how desperate you sounded when you were outside the clinic? If those aren't signs of addiction, I don't know what is!"

I could only look at her, slack-jawed. I felt a tinge of anger Inside of me, deep hatred deep within me. In my head, I kept denying it, rejecting the idea that I was addicted.

" No. No, I'm not addicted. I'm just.... Sick, and I need the pills, that's all."

I kept mumbling that to myself, trying to convince her, or myself, that it wasn't true. I was fine and not addicted. Yet, I felt a little doubt grow within me. Maybe I am addicted, and I should stop taking those pills. What about those nightmares, and the migraine? Probably symptoms. I should stop, before this gets out of hand.

* Yes..... Give up.... Those pills....*

It was that darned voice again, and yet, his words sounded hypnotising. I could feel my mind changing its perspective over the drugs. A war waged in my mind, my sanity warring with my desire. I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders, soft, delicate hands, and that touch dispelled all thoughts from my mind. The sudden vacuum in my mind was too much, and I crumpled to the floor, massaging my temple.

" Its okay Myungsoo, its okay. I know how hard it is to accept the fact that you're addicted but you have to accept it. Its the only way to get over your addiction! Trust me, I've lost people I loved through drugs and I don't want to lose you the same way too!"

She cupped my face in her hands, looking at me directly in the eye. My eyesight was getting blurry, losing my vision, and yet she still looked radiant and clear. With merely her touch, I felt comfort and safety. And her voice was angelic.

" If you have another of those withdrawal attacks, call me, and I'll come over as soon as I can to accompany you."

Slowly, my vision faded, and I was left alone in the darkness again. But her words and voice stayed in me, echoing within the depths of my psyche.

----------------

Sorry for the (1 week) delay in update guys. Been busy for the last two weeks trying do decide what courses I'm taking and trying to ask a girl out. But at least I know which career I'm aiming! Media!!! A job in scriptwriting Hahaha well I'll update the next chapter Tomorow night, I promise Hahaha
- krystalborasuzy