Hand in hand with the Damned

Jekyll and Hyde

My mind was racing. How am I involved in the murder? Did I kill them? Am I just an accomplice? Why don't I remember what I did then? All these questions in my head, and not one logical answer. I was too busy wallowing in my mind to notice Krystal. Her soft hands on my shoulder brought me back. She was the only one that could calm me down. A mere touch from her made me forget my troubles.

"I'm sorry to hear about your parents, and I want to help and all, but that Detective was just rude! Accusing you of murdering them? Thats just absurd."

"True, but you can't blame the guy. I hate to say it, but he's right. Everyone's fair game in an investigation, so anyone could be a suspect."

Everyone's a suspect, and I'm number one on that list. This still doesn't make sense, but I know the first thing I need to do is get rid of the clothes. I need to go to the station soon too. If I don't, they'll get a warrant and search the place. They'd find the clothes and if the blood are my parent's, thats enough evidence to throw me behind bars.

"Hey Krys, I think I'm going to the station later on."

"Today? Why?"

"Just to clear my name, and help the officers as much as I can to find this killer. So why don't you go home first and change. I'll just get ready and I'll meet you at the park, okay? We'll get things over with, and maybe we'll have time for dinner, how's that sound?"

I wrapped my arms around her waist, our eyes staring into each other. I could see the doubt and the worry in her eyes, like she always does. A single peck on the lips swayed her, and one proper kiss convinced her to do just that. After sending her of, I quickly took out the bloody clothes and brought them to the alley. I found a perfectly secluded spot behind a bunch of trash cans and dumped the clothes there. I poured some oil on them, before lighting them up on fire. I stood there, watching my clothes go up in flames, making sure the evidence turns to Ashes before going back to my apartment to get ready.

I took a sip of my coffee as Krystal and I strolled down the road. Krystal somehow managed to convince me to go shopping instead of going to the station, stalling it till later. Then again, I was full of ease after getting rid of the evidence. A strong breeze blew past, the cold gale stinging our skins. I held Krystal closer to me, enjoying the warmth her body was giving me. That and the coffee. Her perfume filled my nose, her aroma mesmerising me. Her hair flitted in the wind, making her look like a greek goddess, a beauty of unworldly standards. And she was my girlfriend. I had a dumb smile on my face, my insides just as happy as my outer shell. A stroll with my girlfriend, no voices, no strange emotions or feelngs, a clear mind, destroying evidence that could have sent me to jail. Its a good day. And the absence of my twin in my head made things even better!

As we walked past an alleyway, a tall, lanky man suddenly jumped out and grabbed Krystal, dragging her back into the alley. I followed them into the alley, but only for a distance before I had to stop. He was holding Krystal by the neck, using her as a shield between me and him. He had the gun pointing at her temple. Tears were streaming down her face, but she was biting her lips as though fighting the urge to scream.

"Give me all you have! All your money, your belongings, everything!"

"Woah woah there buddy, calm down. Lets not do anything rash here okay?"

I had my hands up in the air, my eyes fixed on Krystal. She was staring back at me, fear written all over her face. The onky comfort I could give her was through my eyes, and that wasn't helping much. I took a few steps forward, slowlg so as not to alarm the guy, but that didn't work.

"No you stay there! Don't move, or I'll shoot the girl!"

"WOAH WOAH RELAX!"

He pressed the barrel of the gun on Krystal's head, making her whimper. I froze in my stracks. I couldn't move, I can't risk the guy shooting her. And I've got no weapon against a gun! All I could do was just look at him, and observe.

*Shoot the girl?! Seriously? This pathetic scum Can't even hold a hostage properly and he wants to rob us?!*

A gravelly voice echoed in my head. Not just ang voice. It was L's.

*Look at him Myung! Look at his stance! A guy with a weal stance like that is holding us hostage and trying to rob us?! Don't be such a wuss. He's not gonna shoot!*

For some odd reason, I trusted him. Or more like, I followed his orders. I boldly took a few steps forwards, making the guy take a fews steps back. He was shouting at me to stop, and continued to threaten Krystal. I just continued walking forward, my mind only listening to L. A few steps forward, a few steps back. Finally the guy was waving the gun at me, in an attempt to scare me to stop.

*Perfect! Now rush forward and charge at him. The distance isn't much. You'll catch him off guard and in his unbalanced stance, his shot will go wide. Just stay low!*

I quickly acted on thag, following my orders. I ducked down and rushed forward, causing him to stumble backward. Hipe tried to shoot at me, but due to his lack of balance, his shot went wide to my left, just like L said. I knocked his gun aside and punched him in the face. I pulled Krystal aside, away from the guy. He reeled backwards from my punch, sprawling onto the floor. I picked up his gun and pointed it at him, turning the tables around.

< *Shoot! Shoot the guy! Look at him, weak and up for the taking!*

"Leave us be, and I won't shoot. I won't even call the cops, just leave us. Okay man?"

I didn't wait for his answer, quickly disarming the gun and tossing the ammo asay before throwinb the gun back.

*Aaaww you're no fun Myungsoo!*

I tried to ignore his voice, focusing instead on Krystal. I hugged her tight, my hearg beating like an engine. The adrenaline rushed out of my system and all the worry and fear for her just overwhelmed me. Her legs were weak and she leaned into me as I helped her out of the alley.

*Not yet big guy, funs not over yet. He's coming again! Hahahaha!*

I didn't hesitate in heeding that warning. I pushed Krystal aside and followed my instincts, turning to my left. A knife glinted past as the guy missed his tackle. He turned around, swinging the knife upwards. I blocked his knife arm with my right arm before hooking it with my left. I used his momentum, to push him forward, making me stand behind him. My right arm wrapped around his neck, as my left arm angled his knife arm back at himself. He was struggling against my hold, making me use more force, and making me push the knife closer towards him.

*FOR S SAKES JUST KILL HIM!*

A roar escaped my mouth as I plunged the knife into his abdomen, slicing it upwards and killing him. I could feel the blood staining my hands, flowing through my fingers.

*God that felt good! Didn't it Myungsoo, hahahahaha just like what I did to our parents hahahahaha*

I pushed the guy away from me, letting him fall forward. I looked at Krystal, who was staring at me in shock. She couldn't believe what she saw. I didn't too. I just killed a man!

"Krys! Call the police!"

"You...... you killed the man....... but you killed him! They'll arrest you!"

"No they won't, cause this was in self defence. I didn't want to kill him but I was forced to!"

I stared at the body, blood pooling around him.

*Keep telling yourself that, but you know you enjoyed that hahaha you loved the feeling of blood flowing down your hands, just. Like. Me. Hahahahaha Now, be prepared to walk hand in hand with the damned!!!*