Twin

Jekyll and Hyde

I laid in bed, as I her hair. My eyes were fixated on her sculptured face, admiring it's shape and beauty. My fingers trailed her jawline. Her smooth skin felt warm and nice, as though made of silk.  As we layed in bed, my mind recalled last night. The dreams tortured me again but the moment I made contact with krystal, the pain reduced, as though she was my saving grace. I remeber kissing her, my body moving on its own. I didn't know why I did that, but I don't regret it at all. I got a beautiful girl in my arms the moment I wake up. That's any guys dream. Speaking of dreams, I ddidn't experience any dream, or nightmares, after asking Krystal to sleep with me. It was a fitful sleep, something I clearly needed to heal my mind and regain my sanity. I hugged her tighter, wanting to keep her close. She's my only lifeline to stay sane. For now. Up till Dr Jaehwan comes bavk and I get those pills. Addicted? Maybe, but those pills are the only thing that can stop the pain, right? But when I looked down at Krystal's face, a pang of guilt struck my chest. I promised her I'd stop. Plus, we're a couple now right? She should be by my side all the time now and I don't need those pills if I could just have her by my side.

As my mind contemplates on what to do, my constant caressing woke Krystal up from her sleep. She was still half-asleep, but the first thing she did was kiss me on the lips. I didn't resist, instead responding her kiss and bringing her closer to me. My hand held her back as I spun her around, making her lie on top of me. She broke the kiss first and herld my face in her hanďs.

" I guess that wasn't a dream last night. You really did kiss me, and we slept together." 

My arms s around her waist, hugging her tightly in an embrace and making her face inch closer to mine. She gave me a beautiful smile, one befitting her name, before giving a peck on my lips and resting her chin on my chest.

" Hey myungsoo, I'm curious. Why are you living alone? Where's your parenys?"

" My parents? They're somewhere in seoul. I don't know. Im not exactly close to them ever since I was young. My dad was too busy with work while my mom, well my mom is a bit too hard to explain. She's been avoiding me since I was 5, even a child could see that. They decided I should live her so I was closer to the college, but I thimk they sent me away to avoid me."

"Oh, im sorry for asking."

"Its fine. Now i have you instead and that's all I need."

She gave me a playful slap on my chest, but i just hugged her tighter. I wish we could stay that way forever, keeping her body close to mine and ward my demons away but of course that wasn't possible. Both of us had to leave, I had plans with my friends while she was goin to meet her sister. For a while, I feared what would happen without her there. Would I be able to keep myself sane? Would those voices come back and haunt me? It took me a fair amount of persuasion by Krystal to actually leave the house. 

"Okay Myungsoo, remember, text me every hour. Keep me updated and always remember to call if you feel anything wrong happening. God I sound like an obsessive girlfriend. "

"It's fine. I like it"

Before parting ways, I kissed her again, savouring her lips and breathing in her scent. I registered all of these just in case I needed to recall them to keep myself relaxed. It worked, to a certain extent. The whole day, I couldn't hear any weird sounds or growling, and that voice was absent, except for the occasional whispering. It was inaudible so wasn't able to figure out what was being said. The only oddity that kept happening was that I was easily agitated. I kept feeling as though everything and everyone was a bother. I could feel the anger seethe within me but the thought of Ktytal, and our texting, kept me calm. 

This went on for three days, till the day Dr Jaehwan returns from wherever he was. Unfortunately for me, Krystal couldn't stay with me for the last night unlike the other nights. She needed to attend to her sister, who was sick. Even though I didn't want to, I had to let her go. I was scared, but what could I do. Just endure for one night, and after that I'll be fine. I could go get thepills, just for emergencies but for now, just endure. 

*******************************

I was back,  back to that retched place, back to that hellhole. Just one night without Krystal and I'm thrown straight down here. Great. The roo. Still had that stiffling atmosphere, making me squirm without anything near me. But something felt different, something felt............ missing. My eyes strained through the darkness, focusing within the cell.  Thats when I realised, it was empty. The cell was empty. The chains were left lying in the ground, next to a pile of rusty nails and bloody rags. The chains on the wall looked abandoned as they dangle on the wall, the bricks already cracking from all the struggle the man did before. Fear struck me as my mind reeled from the realisation. He's gone, that weirdo, that, that dangerous man. A wind came from nowhere and filled the tense room, filling up and replacing the staģnant air. The wind was strong enough to push open the cage door, creaking it open. He was loose, the mad man in my head. He's loose. 

The realisation shocked me, enough to crash me back to reality. I sat up in bed, sweat running down my face. I could feel the fear sending chills down my back. I willed myself to endure, to resist the oncoming headache and mental torture, but it never came. Instead, a different feeling was present. A figure. I felt a figure loom somewhere in my room. I looked around franticalky before landing at a corner of my room where the shadows converged and fused. And from within those shadows stood a man, tall and proud, wearing a suit. He took a few steps forward, revealing more of himself before stopping short, not exposing his face. Despite being covered by the sahdows, I could still see his eyes. I recognised those demon eyes anywhere. Those red eyes full of hatred and disgust. 

" We finally meet face to face huh Myungsoo?"

I crawled backwards, trying to expand the distance between the two of us.

" Where are you going Myung? I just want a lil bit of fun!"

" Who are you?"

 As I asked that, he placed a hand on his chest, as though feeling hurt. As his face inched closer outof the shadows, my kind shut down from seeing him. I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

" You don't know me? But Myungsoo, I'm noone else. Noone else, but you!"

He grinned that hateful leer as I stared at the carbon twin of my face.