Finish the job

Jekyll and Hyde
I looked across the desk, my eyes were wandering the wall behind the detective. I leaned back agaisnt the chair, causing the handcuffs around my wrists to rattle against the chair. I could only sigh in my situation. Detective Dongwoo was typing on his computer, occasionally stealing a glance at me.

"First, the murder, now this? You sure have horrible luck, Mr Kim."

"You don't know the half of it."

I closed my eyes, trying to clear my head when the door opened and Detective Hoya came in. He threw a file onto the desk and gestured at Dongwoo. I guess it meant 'get out' because instantly Dongwoo stood up and left, leaving me behind with Hoya.

"Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news, the higher ups decided you won't be given a heavy sentence for now, since it was in 'self-defence'. The bad news is, you are going to be kept here until you cooperate with the investigation of your parent's murders. Until you cooperate, you will be kept here."

His eyes shifted and bore down into me. Even a blind man could tell the tension in the room. I stared back, not losing to him. I could feel anger well up inside of me. Pure, absolute hatred. That look on his face, suspicious and wary. His eyes said it all. No, I wasn't angry. I was feeling threatened.

"So Mr Kim, are you going to help?"

I merely nodded, not breaking eye contact. It was a mental fight, begun the moment he stepped into the room.

"Where were you on the night of your parents murder."

"Went out drinking for a while. I couldn't sleep so I went out. But I went home straight after that, the moment I started feeling tipsy."

His eyes told it all. He didn't believe me. And that just riled me up. I wanted to strangle him, get all of this over with and leave. In my mind, I was already imagining it. Me on top of him, my hands wrapped around his neck as his eyes stare into mine, his mouth screaming in silence.

*ooooh how sweet that would feel, right Myungsoo?*

"Look, I couldn't have been the murderer. I was at home most of the night. Plus, I stay like three cities away from them. It'll take at least a few hours to get there and back! Sure me and my parents had our differences, and we weren't close, but that doesn't mean I'd kill them! I'm not some psychopath!"

He kept his poker face, and even his eyes became blank. Suddenly, a grin spread on his face.

"Psychopath? Please, I know a psychopath when I see one. I know. And you, your eyes, I can see it inside of you. Just boiling underneath all that goody act. It takes one to know one. If not now, you'll be turning soon in the future. I know. Have you ever met a predator that wouldn't bite?"

I leaned across the table, giving him my own grin.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you Mr Psycho, but until you catch me killing someone out of pure joy, I am not like you, and I will never be what you think I'd be!"

My hands slammed against the table as I growled at him, my words filled with venom. We were both smiling like the madmen we were, neither of us backing down. The sound of the door opening caught both our attention. Dongwoo stood there, a file under his arm.

"Its from the chief. They released the girl but he has to stay overnight. After that we HAVE to release him. We've got no reason to keep him here longer."

I couldn't help but turn and face him, a smug look on my face. Our faces were inches apart, and this time, I was the one smiling.

"Screw you."

That was all I said. Those were my last words for him then before I got escorted to my cell. I was smiling to myself the whole time. I got out of that one well. Could have gone worse. I looked at the cell. I guess one night won't hurt, right? Just need to think about Krystal.

*Sure brother. Think about Krystal, or I could talk to you. Which evers cool with you*

"Ah me."

*Hey, hey language! You're an educated man! Show some ing class and talk like a mothering gentleman!*

"Screw you! I had to clean up your mess! Why the hell did you kill my parents!"

*You won't understand. Its too early for you to understand. I just need you to know, I'm not done yet. This isn't over. I'm going to take control again, and finish what I've started.*

"What? Wait what do you mean by that? Hey! HEY! ANSWER ME!"

Everything was silent. From out of nowhere, I heard a ringing. Soft, and quiet at first, but it got louder. Along with the ringing was a pounding migraine. The louder the ringing got, the harder the migraine. I found trouble breathing, my eyes watering. I slumped onto my knees, clutching my head in agony. I couldn't even scream as I lost my consciousnes.