Wait for her

Jekyll and Hyde
I stood in line, questioning myself. What the heck was I doing here?! I watched as everyone around me ' Practiced ' their singing or warming up their voices. They were all just ruining their chances, overworking their throats. I gave a question look to Krystal, who was trying to remember the lyrics to her song. I looked at my watch before letting out a small sigh. I should be on my way to fetch the pills, yet I'm here for an audition. Why did I even come in the first place.

" You look troubled. Is there a problem? Were you supposed to be somewhere else?"

Krystal had that guilty look as sheo asked me. The edge of her lips were drooping slightly, making her look adorable. Despite that, I knew what was more important. I need those pills, the relief it gives.

* No..... No problem..... Tell her you're..... You want to be here.*

" No, no problem. I want to be nowhere else but here with you so don't worry."

The words slipped out of my mouth without me realising. My brain stopped working and my mouth just blabbed on its own. I didn't realise what I said, or that I was actually flirting. Krystal turned red as she usually does, now that I think about it, everytime she gets embarrassed. She turned away from me and tried to mask her embarrassment. It took me a few seconds before I realised what I said. I was baffled to say the least. I rubbed my temple, trying to figure what just happened.

Voices. I could hear a voice, or a sound. A Growl, or a moan, deep within the chasms of my mind. A very familiar growl. I thought back to the room in my nightmares, and the man. His growl, it sounded similar. My heard throbbed as I tried to think about that man. The more my mind tried to imagine the man, the more my head pulsed. A sickening pulse spreading throughout my brain. A slight ringing could be heard in the distance, getting closer and closer. I didn't know why but I was determined to get a clear image of the man in my head. Yet, the more I tried, the more the image gets hazy, and the more mental pain gets inflicted on me. The ringing became deafening, and my mind became a mixture of blurry figures, getting lost in a kaleidoscope colours before something jolted me awake.

I was shaken out of my reverie, my mind back in the real world. We were inside the building, sitting and waiting for our turn. Krystal was holding my hand, an anxious look on her face. I was sweating and gasping in deep breaths, my hands shaking and damp.

" Hey Myungsoo, are you okay? You seem very..... Disturbed. Are okay? Do you need a drink or something?"

" Yeah.... No I'm fine. I'm just a little tired."

" Fine? You looked as though you had an asthma attack! I was so worried! Wait here. I'll go get you a drink."

" Wait, no don't....."

Before I had a chance to protest, she had gone. The click-clack of her heels soon faded as she went off looking for a drink. I sat there, a number of eyes all On me. I closed my eyes, leaning back against the wall. I rubbed my forehead, a heavy sigh escaping my lips. I need those pills, and I need them quick, or else I'm going to lose my mind. Heck, I think my sanity is already half gone!

* You don't..... Know the half..... Of it.....*

It was that voice again. That gruff, distant gravely voice. My eyes snapped open as I looked around, trying to find the source of the voice but all I saw were a bunch of teenagers, and one or two kids. Their voices were nowhere near the one I heard, all of them too high or just plain different. Krystal was quickly back with a cup of water. She must know her way around here.

" Look, you don't look too good. We have to get you to a doctor."

" No its fine. I'm not sick. And what do you mean we, you have your audition to attend!"

" But you're sick! Or look like it, at least. And its just an audition. I can always go another time!"

" No no no no no no. You are not going anywhere. You are going to stay here and go for your audition, and I'm going to be here cheering for you. And then after that I'll go to the clinic, just in case. That sound good to you?"

She looked doubtful, her eyes full of wary and concern. Her hands held mine, as though telling me not to overdo myself. I smiled at her in response.

" Number 215. Miss Krystal Jung? You're up next."

The lady announced Krystal's number, who looked at me. Now, fear was in her eyes, And I could feel her hands shaking in mine.

" Don't worry. I'll wait for you here. Remember, I'm cheering for you."

And I could feel her hands shaking in mine.

" Don't worry. I'll wait for you here. Remember, I'm cheering for you."


* That's right...... Wait for her. Wait for her..... All day..... Long.*