BaekJi - My Perfect Enemy

Jung Eunji Oneshot

My perfect enemy

Requested by : luving_apink, seunghyunsu, unknown (this story is based on the plot she/he had suggested)

“No!” Both Eunji and Baekhyun said it at the same time which gives amusement to their parent. Eunji glare at Baekhyun, blaming him for saying the same thing as her on the same time. Baekhyun ignore her, he doesn’t have time to care about that right now.

“Omma, I don’t agree with your plan. And, grandma, please don’t use yourself as the excuse.” He totally won’t agree with this one. He would agree for anything they’ll ask him to do but not this one. Marriage with someone like Eunji? Hell no!

“I hate to agree with him but I have the same opinion as him. I don’t want to be married with him. You know how we always fought with each other right?” Eunji look at her parent with an aegyo, trying to make them change their mind.

“I’m sorry sweetie. But haelmoni want to see both of you married. Don’t worry, the marriage would only take place on three months from now, it’s after your graduation of high school.”

‘What?!” Once again, both of them said the same thing on the same time.

“Mum, you’ve got to be kidding right?” Eunji look at her mom, hoping she’ll answer yes.

“Eunji ah, you know I really adore you right?” Suddenly, Baekhyun’s grandma spoke after observing their reaction quietly before. She holds Eunji’s hand who was standing next to her bed.

“Haelmoni, I know.. and you know I love you too. But, I can’t get married yet.” Eunji took both of Baekhyun’s grandma hands and hold it.

“I really want to see my grandson getting married before I die. And I want him to be married with you.”

“Haelmoni, you’re not going to die soon. Don’t use that as excuses.” Baekhyun said it as he looks at his grandma. Eunji glare at him when he raised his voice while talking to his grandma.

“Baekhyun ah, you know how my health got worse recently. What if I suddenly died?” It earned a gasped from Eunji and Baekhyun.

“No, don’t say something like that haelmoni. I’ll marry him.” Eunji finally agree.

“What? Yah! I still didn’t agree yet. I don’t want to marry you.” Their parent shook their head as they become the audience for the drama that they own created. Yeah, they enjoyed it. It’s fun looking at their kids bickering because somehow they believe they’ll fall for each other soon.

“Tsk, I don’t agree because of you. I agree because of haelmoni.” Baekhyun look at him with disbelief expression. Finally, he sighs.

“Whatever. Do what you want then.” He said it then leaves the room.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Eunji smile a little when she remembers what happened this morning. Her families went to visit Baekhyun’s grandma because they were actually closed with his family. She ended up being told that she will be married with Baekhyun. She was surprised when their parent told them about it.

To be honest, she does feels a little happy. She has a crush on him but no one knows about it. Instead, all of their friends in school thought that she hates him. Well, that maybe because they both competing for first place on every test and exam. Baekhyun do hates her though; he always trying to pick up a fight with her and leaves her no choices but to fight him back. Still, he was a perfect enemy for her. He has the face, the intellect and he is kind to everyone, except her.

She didn’t agree on the marriage because she doesn’t like him, well, that maybe the case for him but not for her, she only oppose to the idea because they’re still young. Plus, Baekhyun seems to have his own crush in school. It’s obvious though.

She sighs when she remembers about Yookyung. She was a sweet girl, one of the school pianist and of course a kind hearted girl. There is no wonder why Baekhyun would fall for someone like her.

She took her diaries then started to write something. She came up with a plan to make the marriage as her dream marriage. First, she needs Baekhyun to like him too. That would be a little hard but it’s worth a tries in three months.

“Seducing Mr. Perfect Enemy mission start!”

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“What is this?” Baekhyun glare at Eunji when she put a lunch box on his table. Their other friends were looking at them because it was an unfamiliar sight to see both of them talking to each other.

“My mom asks me to pass this to you. There’s a cake that we bake last night in there too. You better eat that.” Eunji said and then leave his table. He look as she leaves with a dumbfounded face.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Ahjumma, thanks for the food today. I enjoyed it.” Baekhyun calls Eunji’s mom after he came back from school to thanks her for the food.

“Food? What food?” Her question leaves confusion in him.

“Eh? I thought you asked Eunji to passed me the food.”

“Ah..she gives it to you? Haha, that kids lied to me then. She said she was going to give it to her friend, I didn’t know it was for you. No need to thank me Baekhyun, she prepared it by herself.” Eunji lied? She prepared it for him?

“Really? I should thank her then. Ahjumma, can you please keep this phone conversation as a secret?”

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Here, my mom asks me to pass this. She said do the best for the mock exam.” Eunji pass him the lunch box. It was already a month that he’s been receiving it.

Baekhyun just nodded without looking at her. She then leaves after she gave him the lunch box. Baekhyun chuckled as he watches her leaves.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Lunch box every day, half done. Try to be gentle to him, done. Greet him when I see him at the school, done. Confess to him, not done yet. Hmm..this is hard to do.” Eunji sighs as she checks the to-do-list of her Seducing Mr Perfect Enemy mission. She had done everything on her list except confessing. Well, she doesn’t know if giving him the lunch box by saying it’s from her mother is considered done though.

It was the real exam next week and two weeks after that; it will be their marriage ceremonies. She had three weeks to go.

“I can’t give up halfway. Hwaiting Eunji!” She cheers herself up.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“Hi. Here’s today’s lunch box from my mum. And she said good luck for the exam.” She smiles to him then leaves him. As always, Baekhyun would look at her leaving before he look into the lunch box she prepared. Today, there was a little card inside. He wonders what is written in the card.

“My husband-to-be, good luck~ Do well on your exam.

Love,

Your wife-to-be, Eunji.

He smiles widely as he read the card. She was sweet after all. He didn’t know when he starts to fall for her but eventually he falls for her charm slowly.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

“I thought I already success in making you fall for me. I guess I didn’t after all.” Eunji said it while looking at Baekhyun. It was their last day of school and she saw him finally talking with Yookyung alone at one of the empty class, it looks like he was confessing. She decided to talk to him after Yookyung leaves. Baekhyun didn’t said anything and he didn’t even denied it.

“I’m sorry if I went overboard. I shouldn’t fall for you. Don’t worry, I agree to this marriage because of haelmoni. You can divorced me later but not until she died. You can still keep your relationship with her.” Her tear suddenly falls. She wipes it away as she leaves Baekhyun alone.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

After that day, she never meets him. One, it’s because of her own will and the other reason is because of the tradition that said they shouldn’t meet each other before the marriage. She was thankful for the tradition that their family still hold onto.

She sighs as she looks at her to-do-list of Seducing Mr Perfect Enemy. It’s no use after all.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

It was already the day of their marriage. She was waiting nervously at the room, waiting for the ceremonies to begin in hours from now. Her mother came in with a smile with his mother.

“Eunji ah, you look so pretty. I’m so happy for having you as my daughter in law.” Baekhyun’s mom holds both of her hands. She smiles as she heard his mother words.

“Thank you ahjumma.”

“Tsk, I’ve told you not to call me ahjumma anymore. Just call me mum.”

“Arasso omma.” She grin as she said it.

Suddenly the doors opened and it turns out to be Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun, you shouldn’t come in here!” His mother scolded him. He rub his back neck as he talk.

“Er..I have something to tell her before the marriage. Please?” His mother sighs and Eunji’s mother nodded as she smiles to him.

“Go on Baekhyun. Don’t take too long, okay?” Their mother then leaves them alone in the room. Eunji look at him who was standing awkwardly near the door.

“What is it Baekhyun?” He then walks nearing her and stand in front of her. She didn’t stand up but still sitting there at the same spot.

“I..er..I just want you to know that I didn’t have any intention to divorce you after the marriage. So, if you don’t like the idea, you can just disagree on this.” Eunji look at him with confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m letting you know this beforehand so you won’t regret it later. Once we married, I won’t let you go anymore.” Eunji stare at him, trying to understand what he’s been trying to say.

“Gosh, you’re so slow. How did you become one of the top students?” Baekhyun sighs as Eunji still didn’t give him any response. Eunji frowned when she heard it.

“Yah, don’t tease me.”

“Tsk, I love you and I never have the intention to divorce. I’m in love with my wife-to-be!” Baekhyun finally said it and Eunji widened her eyes when he said it.

“But..I thought..Yookyung..” Her words were cut by Baekhyun sudden kiss on her lips. Baekhyun pull away and look at her surprised expression. He took her hands and pulls her so she stands in front of him.

“Pabo. I didn’t confess to her, she did because she heard that I like her. I told her that my heart already reserved for someone else. It was reserved for that person the moment after I know that she tried her best to make me fall in love for her. That would be you.” He cupped her face gently. She looks at him, still with a disbelief expression.

“You didn’t tell me that earlier.” She pouted and it earned her a peck from Baekhyun.

“I should save that for the best day of our lives.” She smiled when she heard it and held his hands which still cupped on her face.

“I should at least do this if I want it to be the most memorable day of our life.” He then kneeled in front of her.

“Jung Eunji, would you marry me?” Her tears fall slowly as she was touched by him. She nodded then answered that she will. Baekhyun stand up and pull her into hug after he wipes her tears.

“Thank you. I promise I’ll take care of you for the rest of our life from the moment you become my wife in hours.” Eunji nodded as she smiles happily. Seducing Mr. Perfect Enemy, mission accomplished. 

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

I'm sorry if it wasn't good :(

Hope you'll like it though~ :)

Don't forget to read my other stories. ^^

Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^