SunggyuxEunji

Jung Eunji Oneshot

Requested by : Muchlovegyuji

“Chanyeol ah, what are you doing in the room? Come here and have your breakfast” Eunji called her little son, Chanyeol, as she prepared the table for breakfast. It’s been four years since she raised him alone. It wasn’t easy at first being a single parent but as time goes by, she used to it and now she is comfortable about it.

Chanyeol came out with a photo frame on his hand then sit on the chair at the kitchen. Eunji frowned once she recognizes the frame he is holding right now. Here comes the hard question again.

“Omma, where is daddy? I miss him.” Eunji stop doing what she’s doing and sit at the chair next to her son. She know he’ll ask the question when he brought the frame around. The last time he asked her the question was last month. It seems like today he miss his father again.

“Chanyeol ah, didn’t I told you before? Daddy is up there in heaven, watching you from a far, he became an angel that will protect you from bad thing.” Yes, her husband, Henry, had passed away four years ago because of failure hearts. At that time, Chanyeol is only two years old.  She lost her loved one and luckily she has Chanyeol as her source of strength.

“But..Can’t he come down sometimes? I really want to meet him..” Her heart feels hurt when she heard his words. She pulls him into hug and kiss his forehead.

“He can’t..He really wants to come but he can’t Chanyeol..” Her eyes fixed at the photo in the frame that he was holding. Henry was smiling in the photo and it feels like he was comforting her and telling her that everything is going to be okay.

“Then, can I come and meet him up there?” She almost cries when she heard what he said. The reality came back to her again. He really didn’t know anything.

“Sorry but you can’t Chanyeol..You can’t leave mom alone here and meet him..” She hugs him tightly. She meant it. She doesn’t like it when she heard he said about going up there. She really hates it because it might happen in the future. Another thing that she tried hard to overcome right now is the fear of losing her son. It’s because he too, like her husband, has a weak heart..

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“I think it is better he stay here at the hospital for now.” She nodded weakly as she heard the doctor’s advice. Her only son, her beloved son, suddenly faint at his pre-school today. It was something that hasn’t happen before. She left out a deep sigh and look at Chanyeol who is sleeping on the hospital bed.

“Haven’t we found any suitable donor yet?” She asked Dr. Sungyeol, the one who is in charge of her son. He sigh and shook his head. 

“Not yet. Don’t worry, maybe we’ll find soon.”

“It’s okay. Thank you Dr.” She smiles weakly as she bow. He was about to leave the room when suddenly he stop and turns to her again.

“Ah..I almost forget to tell you, after this, another doctor will be in charge of Chanyeol. I’m so sorry but this is for his own good because he is more expert in this kind of situation. He just transferred to here from US so he was assigned to do this. Is that okay with you?” He looks at her, waiting for her answer.

“It’s okay. Then, I should thank you for all the things you did for Chanyeol before.” She bows 90 degree to him.

“Mrs. Eunji, I’m glad I can help him. I promise that I’ll continue to take care of him even if he was not under me anymore. Just meet me if you have any problems regarding his health, okay? I’ll take my leave then. Don’t forget to rest.” He bows a little and leaves them.

She sits at the chair next to the bed and holds her son hand while observing his calm face. He really resembled Henry, which is the fact that she loves. Looking at his face somehow help her calm and remind her that she needs to be strong for him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Four days later

“Auntie, where is omma?” Chanyeol ask Hayoung who help Eunji to accompany him at the hospital while she’s working.

“Tsk,tsk, Chanyeol ah, what did Noona tell you before? Don’t call me Auntie, I sound old with that, call me Noona. Aigoo, I don’t know why I have to remind you this over and over again. Omma is working right now, so you just need to be nice and take your medicine so that omma can come later, okay?” She rub his hair playfully which cause him to laugh a little.

“Okay, Aun..Noona..” She laugh when she saw his cute reaction when she widen her eyes when he was about to call him Auntie.

Suddenly, the door was open and a doctor comes in. Hayoung stand and bow at the doctor.

“Ah..Chanyeol is awake. Let’s do the check-up then.” The doctors smile as he take out his pen from the pocket.

After doing all the procedure for check-up, he write everything in the report paper.

“Are you his mother?”

“Eh? Oh, Ahni..I’m his aunt. My sister is working right now so I’m helping her for a while. Are you the new doctor that is in charge of  Chanyeol?”

“Ah..yes.. I’m Sunggyu, I’ve meet Chanyeol last night but no one was here at that time.”

“Maybe my sister left her for a while when you come.”

“Ah..I see..Is his dad is around?”

“Er..he passed away four years ago.” She said cautiously while looking for Chanyeol reaction.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” She smile and shook his head, signing that it’s okay and didn’t want to talk about it again in front of Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol’s condition seems alright right now. But, if anything happen, you can just call me, just press the emergency button. I’ll leave first then”. They exchange bow and he leaves them again.

“Noona, he looks like daddy.” She froze when she heard his words. Sometimes, he shock her when he talks about his dad because she doesn’t know how to handle the situation likes her sister did. However, she pretends to be calm and smile as she sit next to him on the bed.

“Why did you say like that? Did you think he really look like your dad?” Chanyeol nodded innocently.

“Neh..I miss daddy when I see him..” She hugged him and patted slowly on his back.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Sunggyu?” Eunji look surprised when she saw the doctor who came in. He seems surprised too.

“Eunji? I never thought I’ll see you again.” She smile as she stand and hug him. It’s been a long time since she last saw him. He was one of her close friend when they’re still in high school; however, they’ve lost contact with each other after they finish high school.  

“You’ve changed so much Sunggyu. You’ve become much more handsome now, I almost didn’t recognize you.” He laugh when he heard it, she never change, still the same Eunji who like to joke around. She is still the same as the person who used to be his crush, his first love. She never knows about it because he never told her about it because she has someone else.

“You’re still the same.” She giggled as she heard it.

“I didn’t know Chanyeol is your son.” She sit at the chair and looks sweetly at her son who is still sleeping.

“Yeah. He’s my beloved son. Also Henry’s son, do you still remember him?” How could he forget him, he was the one who have her heart when they were in the high school.

“I remember him. I heard about him from your sister this morning. I never knew it was him. If you don’t mind, can I ask, how did he..er..Died?” She smiles weakly.

“He passed away four years ago because of a heart failure.” He nodded and didn’t ask any more about it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s been weeks and Chanyeol is getting better. He can leave the hospital soon according to Sunggyu. Sunggyu on the other hand is getting closer with Chanyeol which of course made Chanyeol happier.

He once told Eunji that he likes Sunggyu because he reminds him of his father which caused her to realize about it later.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s the day of Chanyeol to go home and somehow he looks a little bit sad when Eunji told him that he’ll go home.

“Chanyeol ah, you look sad.. Don’t you like coming home?” She asked him while packing his things.

“Omma..Will I met Sunggyu ajuhssi again if I came back home?” She stops packing when she heard his question then move to sit next to him on the bed.

“Why? Do you want to meet him again?” He nodded happily.

“Can I meet him again later even if I come home?” She smiles as she hold him and make him sit on her lap.

“Of course you can dear. I’ll try and ask Sunggyu ahjussi if he wants to, but if he’s not all right with it, you can’t force him, okay?”

“It’s all right with me.”Suddenly a voice spoke and when she turns to the source of voice, she saw Sunggyu. Chanyeol hurriedly come down from her and runs towards him.

“Ahjussi!” Sunggyu laugh when Chanyeol hug his legs. He lift him and bring him to the bed then seated him next to Eunji.

“Can I meet you again? Will you come to our house?” Chanyeol looks at him with hopeful eyes. Sunggyu turns to Eunji to ask for a permission which of course she nodded as she knows how much Chanyeol wanted this.

“Of course I can. I’ll come to play with you when I’m off from work, okay?” Chanyeol giggled.

“Promise?” Sunggyu laugh when Chanyeol show his pinkie finger for a promise. He gladly did the same as he promises him. Eunji smile when she saw Chanyeol’s happy face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Four months later

“I hope you’ll consider it.. I’m happy too if I could be Chanyeol’s dad.” Sunggyu looks at Eunji who sit next to her on the couch. The talks had started after Chanyeol ask him to be his dad in front of Eunji when he was putting him to sleep.

“I don’t know, I don’t want you to take the responsibilities just because of that. You deserve your own happiness Sunggyu.” It’s not that she doesn’t like it, secretly she do starting to have a feeling for him but she doesn’t want him to be with her just because of Chanyeol.

“This may sounds like a made up story but, the truth is I love you Eunji. I love you so much. The fact that you’re my first love is the reason why I’m here right now, next to you. This is my happiness.” Eunji looks surprised when she heard it.

“I love you Eunji, and I love Chanyeol. He needs a dad too. Can you let me take care of both of you?” She didn’t know how to respond to the question. Slowly, she smile and nodded. Sunggyu pulls him into hug.

“Thank you..I’ll take care both of you. I’ll make sure Chanyeol will be healthy and make our family happy.” She smiles as she tighten their hug.

“I love you..Thank you, Sunggyu..”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope you like it. ^^

Thanks for reading and subscribing! ^^