Infinite's L 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by rosegirl06

A story of Infinite's L and Cho Daeyeon (oc). She is not so pretty but L is so cool and so many of her friends are L's fans. L is a senior in her school, he's one year older than her. The girl really likes someone who can play guitar. They knew each other since they were in junior high but that time she hated him because she thought he was arrogant. When she was in first year of high school they met again for a music group competition and she found out that he actually had a good side of him and she fell in love with him slowly. He became kinder to her too but she wasn't sure if he actually cared.
A slight angst in the middle, but the ending is happy.

“Kim Myungsoo is the hottest guy I have ever seen in my life !”

“I know right, he is so cold but so handsome  !”

Daeyeon rolled her eyes. This was her first day in High School and she had to hear her friends fangirling over Kim Myung freaking Soo. She never understood why after not seeing him for a year, as he had graduated from their Junior High, Kim Myungsoo still was the hottest topic for her friends to talk about.

For Cho Daeyeon, Myungsoo was an arrogant guy. They knew each other, since Daeyeon attended music club where Myungsoo was the club president. She found him handsome at the first time they met, but after the second time, where she said hi to him as a greeting, the guy only stared at her and walked away rudely.

Kim Myungsoo was hot ? Nope, Daeyeon found him ridiculously cold.

Kim Myungsoo was handsome ? Sure, but handsomeness couldn’t help his rudeness.

Kim Myungsoo was friendly ? Never, he just had to ignore her friendly greeting rudely.

Kim Myungsoo was definitely not Daeyeon’s type !

“I’m going first”, she informed her friends, who didn’t really care. Daeyeon hugged her book to her chest and made her way to the music club. She was a great singer in her old school, and she wanted to push her skill further in high school. She would join the music club, again.

“Excuse me ?”, Daeyeon poked her head inside the room. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw no one inside. “Hm ?”, Daeyeon carefully pushed the door open and walked fully inside. She stared in awe at a white piano in the middle of the room. She had always had a soft spot for piano, her family was not doing well in business to buy a piano, but as a smart kid, Daeyeon learnt to play it through her friend’s.

She looked around the room one last time to make sure that no one was really inside. Smiling, she sat down on the small chair and put her fingers gently on the notes.

With a deep breath, Daeyeon started playing and singing along with it. Her voice was really sweet, her tone was thin and beautifully mixed with the sound of the piano.

Her eyes were tightly shut, she never sang with open eyes. And that’s why Daeyeon didn’t see a figure stepping inside the room and heard her sing.

After she finished her last note, Daeyeon slowly fluttered her eyes open and smiled contently.

Clap Clap Clap

Daeyeon froze immediately. *Who is that ?*. She turned her head and gasped as she found Myungsoo leaning against the door. “I-I’m sorry !”, Daeyeon jumped out of the chair and stood there awkwardly rubbing her neck. *Why it has to be Kim Myungsoo ?!*, she didn’t want to get near him again. Seeing his face maddened her already, not to say that standing face to face with him.

“I will go right now. Sorry !”, Daeyeon ducked her head and made an attempt to run out of the room. But Myungsoo held his arm out and stopped her before she could make it out. “You want to join this club, right ?”, his voice boomed across the room. Daeyeon almost flinched when he leaned in to get a closer look of her face. She saw something flickering in his eyes, something like realization, but it’s soon gone and was replaced with a cold stare.

“You have a really good voice, and you can play piano well. You are accepted to join us”, Myungsoo calmly stated. He slowly let go of her arm as he felt her take a step back only to stare at him in surprise.

“Who are you ?”, Daeyeon asked in a daze. Of course, she knew it’s Kim Myungsoo, but who was Kim Myungsoo to accept her inside this club ?

“Music Club’s President, Kim Myungsoo”, he chuckled and held his hand out, asking for a handshake.

Daeyeon blinked. This was the first time she saw him smile, at least in front of her. Suddenly, his cold image that she had in her mind broke into pieces. “Are you, …really Kim Myungsoo ?”

Myungsoo stared at her for a long minute. But he seemed to know what she thought of, Myungsoo softly chuckled, “I am Kim Myungsoo, your sunbae back in Junior High, and also in this High School. We used to be in the same music club, don’t you remember me, Cho Daeyeon ?”. He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow at her.

Daeyeon’s face turned red as soon as he said all of that. *He … remembered me ? No, he knew my name all along ? I thought …*

“You thought I am an arrogant boy, aren’t you ?”, Myungsoo grinned, his eyes wrinkled and light literally covered him, letting Daeyeon see him as a new guy – not the old Kim Myungsoo that she knew.

 

***

 

“You fell for him”

Daeyeon glared at her friend. They were having lunch and suddenly her friend told her that. “What the hell ? Where was that coming from ?”

“You keep looking for him. And you face scowled like a monkey when he smiled at that Miyoung girl”, her friend made a face which she later said that it was Daeyeon’s face a while ago.

“It’s Jiyoung, Nana”, Daeyeon sighed, she stuck a spoonful of rice into and hastily chewed on it.

“See ? You even remember her name exactly ! Tell me, are you cursing her every night ?”, Nana bounced on her seat, she seemed to be more excited than she’s supposed to.

Daeyeon glanced at Myungsoo’s table, where Jiyoung was sitting next to him and they were chatting enthusiastically about God-knows-what. Her face fell, Daeyeon couldn’t believe herself – how could she fell in love with a guy who she had claimed that she hated the most in the world ?

*But he is really sweet to me recently … If in the past, he never spared me a glance, now all his attention is on me whenever we had activity together*, Daeyeon heaved a sigh. Myungsoo was leading her on, but she was unsure of his feelings. Was he playing with her ? Or it’s really his intention to tell her that he liked her too ?

“Myungsoo sunbae is really popular with girls. Everytime I see him, he walks with another different girl”, Nana carefully told her friend. She was worried for her Daeyeon’s heart, it would be broken pretty bad if Myungsoo was really

Please log in to read the full chapter