EXO's Chanyeol 03

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by amusingmurdermachine

Chanstal being exes who ended in bad terms and haven't seen each other for a long time but when they meet again, they'd have to work with each other as partners (idk, they can be working on a company project, they can be models, actors, up to you^^).

 

“Kris hyung is in the hospital ?!”.

The manager glared at Chanyeol, he just informed Chanyeol about Kris’s condition and the boy yelled for entire Korea to know, his mouth was big and he didn’t think twice before saying anything.

“You lower your voice, Chanyeol. He got into a minor car accident this morning, he only twisted his arm. But he had a photoshoot for W Magazine this afternoon, and he couldn’t make it”

Chanyeol exhaled loudly, his shoulders came back to their exciting position as he comfortably sat back on  his bed, going through his laptop, tuning out whatever his manager was going to say. “That’s good to hear he is okay, I will visit him this afternoon”, Chanyeol smiled cheekily.

He noticed his manager didn’t reply and looked up, Chanyeol had to lean back a bit as the look on the manager’s face was both hard and priceless. “Did you get the photoshoot part ?”, his manager growled.

“Oh ? I heard of course, but what do you expect me to do ?”, Chanyeol scrunched his nose, lazily stretched his long legs out straight and clicked on something on his laptop, again.

“They only want EXO member to me their magazine model this season, and one of you guys have to replace Kris”

Chanyeol thought about it and grinned merrily, “You can ask Do Kyungsoo ! That guy has the most freetime out of us !”

“Chanyeol …”

“Neh, hyung ?”, Chanyeol replied without looking at his manager so that he didn’t see how dramatically his face had changed. “Kris is the tallest … Kyungsoo is the shortest … how do you think they will let Kyungsoo replace Kris ?!”

“They shouldn’t have judge people with their height, that’s mean !”, Chanyeol childishly wagged his forefinger and nodded his head as if what he said was wisdom words. “Kyungsoo must be really sad that he is so short”

His manager sighed at the slow-paced Chanyeol, if that guy planned to never acknowledge that he was needed, he could have just say it. “Change out of your PJs, kid. I will drive you to the set after five minutes”

“Aw, why me ?! I said that Kyungsoo is available !”

“Because you are the second tallest, now shut up and do what I want”

Chanyeol sulked his way to their changing room inside the dorm. He had no choice but to replace Kris this time, without bothering to know who he was going to work with.

 

***

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Chanyeol from EXO. Please take care of me !”, he loudly and clearly introduced himself with a deep bow to all of the staffs at the set. Chanyeol was EXO’s happy virus and spokesman of the band, he was forced here, but he was not going to show them that he was unhappy.

“Thanks God we have you to replace Kris ! This concept is Love in Summer and we need tall and model-like guy to work with the female model, she is fairly tall too”, the main PD smiled gratefully at Chanyeol’s presence and shook the boy’s hand once in a while.

Chanyeol blinked, he caught on what the PD had said and he suddenly felt not good about it. “Hyung, what does it mean ? I have a partner ?”, he turned to his manager with big, confusing eyes.

The manager looked away, avoiding his eye-contact though, he fidgeted with his phone and slowly gave in to Chanyeol as the boy looked so vulnerable with his deer eyes and confusing look.

“I’m sorry ! But only you can replace Kris !”, the manager cried out.

Chanyeol’s face fell, “You mean … my partner is Soojung ?”

“WE’RE HERE !”, a familiar voice boomed inside the studio. Chanyeol froze. That was f(x)’s manger, who was used to be EXO’s for two months, and Chanyeol could recognize his voice from anywhere, not to mention the female voice Chanyeol couldn’t forget blending inside the meeting.

“f(x)’s Krystal is here, everyone gets ready, we will start in ten minutes !”, the PD motioned around. He stopped at Chanyeol who was facing his back with everything, even when Krystal was right behind his back, staring in the same amount of shock at the male rapper. “Chanyeol-ssi, you follow the stylist to change into our sponsored label’s clothes”, he nodded at a woman in her forty and Chanyeol waited no more to scrambled after the stylist.

Krystal stared at Chanyeol’s back with anger grew inside her. Despite being in the same company, they never really crossed path or talked with each other, mostly because they both tried to avoid all kind of activities that required them to meet each other. And now they had to shoot for a magazine, together, as a couple. “What is this ridiculous situation ?! I thought I would work with Kris today !”, Krystal turned to her manager with a pointed look, she usually was a polite girl, but when temper took place, she could careless about manner.

“Just go change your clothes, Soojung”, her manager was not a nice and understanding man like EXO’s. With a grumble expression, she walked away.

 

***

 

After shooting their individual part successfully, Chanyeol and Krystal were called over at the same time to shoot their couple shot. No one said to the other a word, they didn’t even bow or greet each other. He looked away. She looked away. Sulking and unhappy to see each other.

“Hold her hand, Chanyeol-ssi !”

Chanyeol his lips, he was damn nervous right now. He reluctantly reached out but stopped midway as Krystal looked back at him in the eyes, she was showing him how much she was against this touchy thing, but Chanyeol couldn’t do any different about this. They were doing their jobs and personal issue could be pushed aside. Chanyeol gave Krystal a coy smile and grabbed her hand real fast that before Krystal could shout in protest, the cameras had already flashed crazily at them.

Chanyeol kept on his normally wide smile, as Krystal was looking at him intensely. Chanyeol knew exactly what that look meant, but the staffs only thought that Krystal was giving Chanyeol’s loving stares.

“That’s perfect ! Now you two sit on that bike over there and act like enjoying a ride by the river !”

Krystal quickly pulled her hand out of his grip and wiped it on her jeans, scowling like a spoilt girl. She rolled her eyes left and right in anxiety. That coy smile Chanyeol gave her a while ago still had a great effect on her until now, her heart was beating in strange beat – the kind of beat she had never felt again after their break up four years ago.

*He treated you like trash, Soojung, Keep your heart together, don’t give up your hatred on him yet …*, she muttered to herself and tightened a tight fist, clutching on her chest. Her head snapped up when light flashed brightly in front of her, only then she realized that she was still in the middle of taking photos.

“Krystal-ssi, you go sit behind Chanyeol and hugged his waist, leaning your cheek against his back and you two smile into the camera”

Krystal almost threw her shoes onto the PD’s face. His style of concept was so cheesy and old-fashioned, and Krystal clearly remembered their memories, when Cha

Please log in to read the full chapter