B.A.P's Daehyun 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by HanMinYoung

Name : Choi Minhee
Member : Daehyun
Genre: angst, romance, drama
Plot : Author's Choice

 

Jung Daehyun was well-known at his school as a playboy, who loved to flirt but never really hooked up with any girl. People wondered why, but Daehyun didn’t let anyone know about his secret.

And his biggest secret was that he was in love with his tutor. A pretty, smart and happy-go-lucky tutor in fact.

Daehyun first had a tutor when his parents found out that he failed most of his subjects when he was still in his freshman year. He was all furious at first, saying that he didn’t need a damn female tutor, who he assumed that would just push herself all over him like how other girls at his school were. But after what seemed like a week, Daehyun found himself falling head over heels for his tutor.

Choi Minhee was everything in a lady that Daehyun loved. She had long black hair, double-eyelids eyes and rather short, which was just suitable with his height. Minhee was smart, that’s why his mother chose her to tutor him. Minhee was happy-go-lucky, it didn’t mean she was childish, it’s just that she was always optimistic about everything.

And Daehyun also didn’t even mind the fact that she was three years older than him.

“Have you finished ?”

Daehyun blinked twice and blushed, he had been staring at her for who knew how long. Daehyun heard her chuckling and his heart did a crazy skip of beat.

Minhee slapped his hand to take his textbook and peered over it. A frown painted on her face, “Jung Daehyun, you only finished 6 out of 10 questions and 4 out of them are wrong !”

Daehyun grinned cheekily, he placed his chin on his folded palm and flashed his perfectly white set of teeth, “I’m too sleepy to think straight, noona”

Minhee sighed, she took a red marker and placed a big fat E on his paper. “You will fail the final exam next month, and you can never graduate !”, she muttered unhappily. “Your mother will hate me forever”

“It’s okay. As long as I like you, you don’t need my mother’s judgement”, Daehyun flicked his fingers and popped his lips. Minhee rolled her eyes, but a smile played on her lips, “You are impossible, Daehyun. If you can’t study for yourself, at least can you do it for me ? I have been tutored you for three years already, and the highest score you ever got was a B”

“For you ? Which means I will get to make you do one thing for me if I really pass the exam next month, deal ?”

Minhee could read the mischief in his voice. But she could do one thing for him if he could graduate. “Okay, deal”. Minhee put a pile of papers in front of him, “That’s your homework, I hope to have it all done tomorrow”

“That’s one heck of homework, noona ! I can’t finish it in one day !”, Daehyun whined.

Minhee gathered her things into her bag and looked at Daehyun, who was desperately crying over the new homework she had just given him. Most of the time, Daehyun was living truly to his age, a younger student of hers, just like now, he kept pouting and puffing his cheeks like a fat hamster.

“Aigoo, my student is so adorable. Study well, I promise to treat you a meal this weekend”, Minhee smiled, standing up, reaching out to pat his head.

Daehyun dropped his crying expression and suddenly became serious. His eyes turned firm and an obvious displeased frown could be seen on his lips. He pushed himself off of his chair and took Minhee by surprise when he tightly gripped on her wrist. Looking straight into her eyes and Minhee could see there was something he wanted to tell her.

“Is there something wrong … ?”, Minhee uneasily inquired. Daehyun his lips and took a step closer, he inched his face to hers, his eyes never left her lips. Minhee could feel her skin getting hot and her heart flipped at his sudden behavior.

Jung Daehyun she knew was never being this aggressive over anything before. Minhee wondered what had gotten into him, she worriedly placed her hand on his shoulder in hope that to calm him down.

“Noona, I really lo-“

A knock prevented Daehyun from saying, they both turned to look at the door, which was already opened slowly.

Yongguk poked his head inside Daehyun’s room with a gummy grin, “Hey, baby, you’re done ?”

Daehyun dropped his arms by his side and watched as Minhee gazed at him one last time for any reaction before coming to Yongguk’s arm and they both shared a light peck to each other.

Well, Choi Minhee was everything Daehyun wanted. But he only could watched her from the sideway, as Choi Minhee had been his brother’s girlfriend even before he knew her.

Bang Yongguk was his step-brother, his mother remarried with Yongguk’s father when they were still in elementary school. Daehyun always saw Yongguk as his best hyung, but ever since he found out that the love of his life belonged to Yongguk, that relationship had dropped down one level.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Daehyun”, Minhee waved and gave him her brightest smile, the smile that he had fallen for the first time.

With a solemn nod, Daehyun dismissed them both and closed the door to his room. As soon as he was out of their sights, Daehyun slid his back against the door, sitting on his with a loud thump, yet he made no attempt to move. He almost blurted it out here and then that he loved her, he loved his tutor, his hyung’s girlfriend.

He couldn’t stand whenever she treated him like a kid, wasn’t man enough to be with her. That explained a lot when Minhee patted his head, Daehyun had lost it.

The appearance of Yongguk was a cold splash of water into his face, laughing at him about how ridiculous he was to love someone who would be her sister-in-law one day.

Still, Daehyun couldn’t find himself running away from reality. He watched Minhee loved Yongguk and fell for her even more. Just the way she loved his step-brother gave him an image of how happy he could be if he was Yongguk and he was her boyfriend.

“What can you do, Jung Daehyun ? You are a pathetic kid, a younger brother, a stupid student and probably couldn’t be her dream man”, Daehyun scolded himself silently with a few hiccups. The held back tears had had enough and let themselves free from his stubborn eyes.

 

***

Please log in to read the full chapter