EXO's Lay 02

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by DongHoLay

OC : Jun Haeyi
Member : Yixing
Plot: Arranged marriage.
Haeyi needed to marry her childhood friend, Yixing. Haeyi ever had feeling for Yixing when they were still children because Yixing was her only male friend. But then, they got separated because of family business. Then, Haeyi was already with Kai.
Genre: funny, romantic

 

“Wait for me, Kai !”

Mr. and Mrs. Zhang along with Mr. and Mrs. Jun gasped when Haeyi yanked her arm out of Yixing’s and skipped several steps to get off stage. She didn’t bother to give a bow to the elders and their guests and all she ever did was making a mad chase after her boyfriend, who had soon left the room as soon as the unexpected engagement between his girlfriend and his close friend was announced to public.

Jun Haeyi was the only daughter of Nike Korea’s founder, while Zhang Yixing was also an only son of Nike’s founder in China. Kim Jongin’s family worked with electric industry like phones and cars. It was like an untold truth they all knew that Kai and Haeyi could never be accepted by their families. And an arranged marriage was expected since the day they started dating.

Haeyi didn’t like Kai very much because the guy was a player when they first met. But after getting to know each other through so many occasions, Haeyi opened up to Kai more and before they knew it, Kai confessed his liking for the girl and they became a couple. Their friends were surprised at first, because Kai and Haeyi were too different to be together. However, they made it through for two years, still happy with each other, but deep down inside both of their hearts, they knew it very well that their relationship was too beautiful to last long.

Kai was always sweet to Haeyi, while Haeyi never raised her voice once at him. They always agreed on the same things and their relationship never had a fight in its history. Kai didn’t find himself getting jealous when a guy showed interest in his girlfriend, while Haeyi didn’t care if any girl liked her boyfriend. Because they all knew that their relationship was too good for either of them to ruin.

And that was the problem. Fights made love go stronger and jealousy was a sign for true love. They had none of them and that’s where thing went wrong.

“Kai, stop running !”, Haeyi caught up with Kai and she was thankful that she chose to wear sneakers that day.

The wind suddenly blew hard causing for their hair and clothes to float along. Haeyi wrapped the scarf tighter around her neck and hid her hair inside it. Her eyes softened with guilty at the sight of Kai’s wide back. He had stopped running, but intsead he had his back to her. His shoulders were heaving up and down, a mere sight of his cold back was enough to make Haeyi burst into tears.

“Kai, we need to talk”

Haeyi hugged Kai from behind and buried her face into his back. She was hoping that he would hold her hands like how they always did, but Kai gently pried her arms off of his waist and spun himself around, facing her with the most unreadable expression she ever saw on him.

“Kai, I didn’t know-“

“It’s okay, Haeyi. It’s okay. I saw enough and felt enough to figure out”, Kai cupped her face and flashed one of his rare, heart-breaking smile. “I think it’s obvious that we’re not meant to last forever”

That struck something in her heart and weakened her knees, Haeyi felt forwards and Kai had to tighten his grip or else she had already crashed onto the ground. “W-What do you mean ?”, she uttered, tears b her eyes and Kai carefully wiped them off.

“You know what I mean, Haeyi. We both knew, it’s just that we were trying to ignore it and hold into our failed relationship. We’re too good to be true. They said easy comes, easy goes. And I think it’s meant for our relationship. To be honest, when I was informed that you and Yixing hyung are engaged, there was no bang in my heart. I was shocked, yes. But I was not hurt, or jealous at all”

“Kai, listen, I will talk with my parents. There will be no engagement, I will talk about us-“

“No need for that, Haeyi. We’re breaking up. You’re fine to be with Yixing hyung. I will wish you both happiness”

“Breaking up ? Kim Jongin. You can’t do this while you’re not in your mind-“

Her

Please log in to read the full chapter