EXO's Kyungsoo 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by zenlover

Name: Won Rieun
Member: Do 'D.O' Kyungsoo (EXO)
Genre: romance, drama, & light
Story line: She and him haven't talked to each other in years that being even that they're were best friends as children. Now that the amusement park they always visited is closing down she becomes desperate. It might be her last chance to talk to him, and the last time to remember their memories together. What can she do to get back to the past that was so much fun?

 

Seoul University of Arts was one of the rare schools that had no bully, no such things as the poor and the rich kids, no either nerds or the popular kids. Everyone knew each other well and treated each other as friends.

And since the system of relationship worked that way, inside the cafeteria, all the tables were set like how it was in Harry Potter, a really long table where all the students could have lunch together while chatting and sharing their days with each other.

There were 10 tables in total and they could choose any table they wanted to sit down.

“I hate our canteen’s food. They never reach my taste”

Rieun looked up, a fork still in . She immediately pulled a seat beside her out so that Lay could sit. The guy flopped down on it like a bag of rice, he always looked like he was dying at lunch time.

“You can ask Suho to change the menu into Chinese food sometimes”, Rieun suggested. She chuckled when Lay slumped down further into his chair. “You know uncle will not complain to help you eat well”

Lay pouted, his dimples showed deeper, “Of course. But if I couldn’t eat Korean food deliciously, I don’t think you guys can stand Chinese food. I can’t affect you guys like that”

This guy is just so sweet. Rieun thought with a smile. Lay was always the thoughtful one, and Suho’s father – also this school’s principal – liked him the most out of all the students, everyone knew that one word from Lay, this whole lunch could change into a five-star meal without a complaint.

“I can bring some Chinese food for you tomorrow”, Rieun promised, she pulled him up by his shirt and Lay gladly gave her one of his side-hug to show his appreciation. “You are really is awesome”

“Rieun’s mom’s restaurant is famous with Asian cuisine. Talking about it, bring me some Thailand noodles as well, pleaseeee Rieunie ?”, Bambam popped out of nowhere with a bright smile.

“Okay”, she agreed right away.

“Ohh, me too. Rieun, I want-“

“Hongkong’s Dimsum, I know, Jackson”, Rieun shook her head, smiling at Jackson, a kid from the class next to her, who was sitting at the end of the table, but still tried to yell all over to her.

“You want to sit here with us, Bambam ?”, Kris’s voice boomed from behind and both Rieun and Lay turned their heads.

The rest of EXO spilled into the vacant seats around her, Rieun immediately looked away, avoiding looking at one boy among them. She acted like she was paying full attention on Bambam who was now blinking at Kris, slightly taken off-guard.

Bambam shook his head with his voice went up another obstacle. "Nope, I'm with my hyungs. See ya all around". Kris raised an amused eyebrow, he took the seat next to the other side of Rieun. "How's your classes ?", he coolly asked.

"They're fine. How's about you ?"

Kris sighed dramatically, ruffling his hair messily, "I couldn't attend any class. My dad called, he wanted me to help monitoring the destruction of Little Dragon"

Kris was blabbering on and on, but Rieun was frozen like a statue. Her attention quickly found a certain figure sitting two seats away from her, on the opposite side. He himself, also had his eyes wide and mouth agape. He looked just as surprise as her.

Rieun opened to say something, but the fact that they had not talked with each other for years, and their old friendship had dripped apart stopped her.

The memories were still fresh though. Since he first saved her from the bullies in their neighborhood eight years ago, to their first day going to primary school, and until when they entered high school and their busy lives tore them apart.

Do Kyungsoo, her childhood crush and still was now.

He was always quiet, but seemed to be more and more introvert these days. He only sat among his friends, listening to jokes instead of joining in; he loved watching people around him instead of involving into a conversation.

She was not a chatterbox like Baekhyun or Chanyeol, but she sure still talked more than Kyungsoo did.
Kyungsoo shifted his gaze upwards and he looked straight back at her. Goose-bumps ran all over Rieun's arms by the deep look in his eyes. It's like he tried to send a message just by staring.

They might see each other everyday but Kyungsoo was too quiet as Rieun was too shy whenever it came to him, so the pair never talked normally like how they were still kids.

Rieun looked away from his intense gaze first, she snapped her head at Kris. "Kris, Little Dragon you are talking about is an amusement park down the street your father built twenty years ago ?"

"What's else ? He named that park after giving birth to me. You know, me, little dragon", Kris pointed at himself, then shrugged while smirking proudly.

Chen and Chanyeol scoffed, cracking up at Kris's dramatical action. "Hyung, don't tell me because you are now a BIG dragon that your father decided to take that park down"

Rieun frowned, So it's really that amusement park...

"It's one of the reasons. But mostly because it is old now and my dad plans on building a new one"

Sehun wailed from the other side with Tao whining along, "Now I'm sad ! We used to come there every weekend. I literally went on all of the rides there and the fact that our childhood playground is gone soon is heartbreaking !"

"Ew, you are cheesy, Sehun", Kai cringed.

"I can't do anything about that. But probably, the new project is pretty cool", Kris added, assuring the youngest that the new park would be better. And that seemed to work because Tao and Sehun came back to their chirpy selves.

Only Rieun and Kyungsoo remained stiff and unsettled. She suddenly found the food that day tasted blank and not as good as a while ago.

I can't let this happen. At least not until I could share the memory with him one last time

"Kris !"

Kris jumped, choking on the orange juice and his face become a mess of surprise. "What the hell, Won Rieun ?! Don't scare me like that !"

"Can I ask you a flavor ?"
 

***

 

On a bright, beautiful Sunday morning in

Please log in to read the full chapter