EXO's Baekhyun 05

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by Melinda

Member: Baekhyun
Genre: Romance Fluff
Plot: Author's Choice

 

Park Jina was just twenty-three years old a few months ago, but she had gone through a lot of ups and downs for the last five years.

She got married to her high school's sweetheart at the age of eighteen - right after they both graduated.

Her first five months were blissful, she was happy with her married life.

The next six months were full of fights and shoutings.

They decided to give each other their old freedom by signing into the divorce paper.

They did not avoid each other like other failed married couples though. They remained good friends and treated each other like best of friends.

She was thankful to her first love Kim Jongin for 11 months of their marriage. And moreover, she was happy that they both made the best thing out of their failed love - an adorable son.

Now Jina was happily living with her five-year-old son Minwoo in a decent apartment which Kai stood out renting for them when she refused to take their shared house.

Jina owned a small coffee shop right under her apartment building. It earned enough for her to support both her life and her growing son.

"Minwoo honey ~ Come out and have breakfast. You might be late for school", Jina raised her voice when he realized that her little man hadn't come out of his room yet.

"Kim Minwoo, I will not allow you to stay with your daddy this weekend if you don't come out right now"

Jina smiled to herself as she heard uneven footsteps coming into the kitchen. This old trick always worked on Minwoo, he loved spending time with his father on weekend because they get to play football together. And he wouldn't want to miss that playtime.

Kai lived alone in their old house, he was a responsible father and also was the greatest man in Minwoo's eyes. Jina was glad that he loved Minwoo so much despite their divorce.

"Mommy, you can't do that to Minwoo ! Minwoo will tell daddy", Minwoo jumped on his blue chair and placed his pouty face on the table. His hair was messy and he was still in his cloud-patterned PJs. He looked as small as that brown teddy bear Kai bought him on his 4th birthday that he made sure for it to sit next to him on a free chair.

Jina looked at her son with love filled her heart. He was such a lovable kid. "Aigoo, mommy is sorry. Since mommy made you your favorite bear-shaped pancake, can Minwoo forgive mommy and not tell daddy ?", Jina placed a plate with his breakfast in front of him and his face brightened.

But he quickly pulled on a serious expression, Minwoo grabbed Jina'ss face and pecked her cheek then broke in a grin. "Okay, mommy is forgiven ! Now Minwoo has to finish this fast, because Minwoo wants to see Baekhyun seonseangnim early !"

Jina laughed, she patted his head which scored a cat-like squeal from him.

Minwoo was unlike other kids for his undying love to go to school. Jina was confused at first as why her son always seemed so eager to go to his kindergarten, but she found out that was because he really liked one of the teachers there.

It was Byun Baekhyun - the only son of that school's principal. He helped out at the school and soon became one of the most loved teachers.

Jina could understand why he was so popular with kids though. He was really sweet, always smiling and most of the time, he looked like one of the kids as well. He was a handsome young man and he seems to like Minwoo a lots.

"Minwoo bear, do you like daddy more or Baekhyun seonseangnim more ?"

Jina just wanted to squeeze his cheeks when he puffed them in thought. His eyebrows furrowed cutely and he pouted when he got his answer. "Mommy is bad !"

Jina leaned back, chuckling at him, "Why is mommy bad ? Mommy was just asking !"

"Because Minwoo can't choose ! Minwoo loves daddy but Minwoo also likes Baekhyun seonseangnim a lots !"

He looked like he was going to throw a tantrum at the hard choice so Jina had to distract him, "Okay, okay. You love them both. Mommy knows it now !"

Minwoo beamed, satisfied that she understood him.

"But Minwoo still loves mommy the best ! Don't tell daddy !"

Jina broke out laughing, she could hear him blabbering all day, her son was so cute. He was like his father, had good sense of humor and also really good-looking.

 


***

 

 

"Baekhyun seonseangnim !!!"

As soon as he saw Baekhyun, Minwoo ran away from his mom to crash into Baekhyun's leg, hugging him like a small bear.

Jina felt her heart beat faster when Baekhyun broke into his breathtaking smile, he scooped Minwoo into his arms and turned to smile at Jina, "You two are early today"

"Yeah, Minwoo wanted to meet you so bad that we had to finish breakfast early", Jina smiled. She reached out to rub Minwoo's hair but he ducked and stuck his tongue out.

"Mommy can go nos, Minwoo will see you at home !"

Baekhyun blinked, he hesitantly at first but decided to ask anyways, "You are not picking him up after school ?"

Jina was taken aback. Why suddenly he sounded so disappointed ?

"Mommy has to look after the shop so daddy will pick me up !", Minwoo helpfully answered.

Jina chuckled, she carefully looked at Baekhyun, "I don't have enough workers this afternoon so I have to ask his dad to pick up him"

Baekhyun nodded in understanding. He never admitted it to anyone. But he paid extra attention on Minwoo not only because the kid was too cute for word, but also because he had a small crush on his young mother.

He had met his father a few times and he grew self-conscious at how handsome the man was.

Knowing that they were just good friends now, but the thought that old love might hit it off again scared him.

"Um, I can bring him to your shop after school. You don't have to bother his father", Baekhyun suggested, his eyes glistered with hope yet he was mentally scolding himself. Stupid me, since when asking his father to pick him up became a bother ?

But Jina seemed to like the idea. "Can you ? Is not bothering you ? Because Jongin is actually busy with his work too"

Minwoo was all grinning now, he clutched onto Baekhyun's apron excitedly. "Yayyyy, I can play with seonseangnim after school too ! That's great ! Minwoo will let seonseangnim eat my favorite bear-shaped pancakes mommy makes, it's delicious !"

Baekhyun softened. He loved Minwoo as much as he loved his mom. "It's not a bother at all. I'll see you later then", Baekhyun smiled brightly and waved along with Minwoo as Jina started to head back to her shop.

Yes ! I can pretend that it's a date with her !, Baekhyun pumped his fist with a wide grin.

"Minwoo-yah, what's your mommy's favorite color ?"

"Blue ! Just like Minwoo !"

Baekhyun nodded. Now he had to look for a nice blue shirt to wear after school.

 

***

 


"MOMMY !"

Jina looked up from the coffee machine and her smile brightened at the sight of her little bear running to her.

Minwoo jumped out of Baekhyun's embrace as soon as he saw his mom and made a fast run towards her. But halfway, he was scooped up by something, or rather by someone.

"Let me go !! ~", Minwoo whined and waved his arms and legs about.

Jina came out and only chuckled at how desperate her son looked like.

"Is that how you greet your uncle ?"

Minwoo stopped struggling, but he gave the man a pout, "But uncle Chanyeol is separating me from mommy"

Chanyeol was Jina's older brother. He was still single, and the reason must be because of his childishness.

"Uncle misses you !", Chanyeol grinned creepily and smooched his cheek loudly.

"Did daddy pick you up ?", Chanyeol asked and this time released the kid. Minwoo immediately jumped onto Jina's arms and showered her with kisses. Chanyeol pouted, "Hey, you didn't kiss me like that !"
Minwoo turned to him, his nose pointing up huffily. "Because uncle always smiles creepily, Minwoo is scared ! And today my Baekhyun seonseangnim walked me home !", Minwoo looked really proud at the mention of Baekhyun.

Only now that Jina paid attention to a young man standing by the door. He seemed to not know what to do and could o

Please log in to read the full chapter