EXO's Baekhyun 08

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by RozyBaekHan

Partner: Baekhyun

Name: Oh Boram

Author's Choice: Prince again

 

Bucheon, South Korea, several centuries had been controlled by the Byun. King Byun the Third had only one Queen, and he also well-respected for being a loyal and responsible King. The Queen, twenty years ago gave birth to a chubby, cute prince who was named as Byun Baekhyun.

He was supposed to feel lonely as an only child, but no, he had too many cousins to befriend to feel sad in his life. He grew up well with his 11 male cousins who were literally brothers to him. He was taught to be a gentleman and well-mannered prince

He was a gentle and nice kid since he knew how to talk and walk on his own. He had a bright, cheeky smile which could help him off of any troubles. He had an eyesmile that made all the female beings in town swoon for. In shorter term, he was a dream boyfriend material for girls his age, younger than him, and older than him.

Every princesses hoped to have a slightest bit interest in his eyes. If Baekhyun didn’t pay a mere attention on them, they would then change target to his brothers. We could say that, Byun Baekhyun was the hottest princes among all 12 legal princes.

But, too bad.

The lucky girl that soon had his sole attention was not any ordinary girl.

Oh Boram.

She was a princess, just like him, being born as an only child, being raised to be a gentle nature princess that could make people around her blush just by her slight smile. But, like a curse, she was a troublemaker.

Her closet was full with beautiful gowns, with different colors and styles that were brought back from other countries. The sad truth here was, they were never useful. As the princess found wearing loose pants borrowed from her cousin – Oh Sehun, and plain white shirts stolen from the same cousin, much more comfortable than tight and hard-to-move-in dresses.

Her best subject while she was still in school was PE, and she never failed to top all the activities, from horse racing, to archery, and finish the list with fencing.

Thanks God, Boram still acknowledged herself as a princess and decided to keep her straight long hair remained.

Anyway, the point here was that she found all of her cousin’s cousins from his mom’s side nothing better than her very own buddies.

 

***

 

The monthly gathering party thrown by General Park for his own prince Park Chanyeol once again repeated itself.

All the princes and princesses in town would all be at the Park’s palace and have fun at their own will. But one important rule was soon made by Chanyeol that none of the royals could ignore his party. No matter how busy you were, or how much you didn’t want to go, in which Chanyeol found the reason ridiculous because he thought everyone loved him, you had to attend.

No one dared to say no. Because General Park was the highest general and one word from him, their parents could say goodbye to this world.

 “Park Chanyeol ! This party is wayyyyy better than last month !!”, Chen sauntered in with Kyungsoo lingered behind him, the latter looked not so happy though.

Chanyeol blew a flying kiss to a bunch of snobbish princesses he learnt to know through Baekhyun, with a flirty wink, he walked back to his cousins.

“I know you, Kim Jongdae. You only get this excited when my sister was present”, Chanyeol protectively pointed his finger at Chen, whose eyes were already checking Chanmi up and down. “Yah, stop undressing her with your eyes !”. Chen meekly smirked and helped himself with a cup of whiskey. “Oh, I love this drink”

“Love can make someone see everything in pink”, Xiumin sang-song as he approached his cousins. Luhan also appeared through upstairs. He had spent the afternoon at the Park, sleeping his day off.

Lay and Kris joined them and soon after than Tao and Kai ran to them with their faces tainted with red lipsticks.

“God, where the heck did you make out with some chicks in my house ?!”, Chanyeol groaned, shaking his head.

Kai fixed his hair using the wine from Chen’s cup. Tao knocked down Kris’s plain water in just two seconds. The youngest seemed wasted when it’s just the beginning.

“Man, your cousins are hot, Kris hyung. Just like you”, Tao exclaimed, grinning like a fool.

Suho appeared out of nowhere and smacked his head with a scowl, probably didn’t like the way Tao act with women. “You know, it’s disgusting when you made out with Kris’s cousins. But it’s more gross when you call him hot”

“You’re just jealous”, Kris rolled his eyes. He could be careless if his male cousins had with his female cousins, of course from his mother side, since he never liked them very much. All they ever cared of what this guy was hot and that guy was ugly. Their brains were as tiny as their value in his life.

“Where’s Baekhyun ?”, Lay looked around but couldn’t spot his cousin anywhere. None of the guys bothered to answer though, since the answer was way too obvious.

Like on cue, the main entrance welcomed the arrival of the Oh siblings, with an extra appearance of Byun Baekhyun.

Boram raised an eyebrow at the theme of this month party, it was a formal one, as everyone she saw was either in their most beautiful gowns and tuxedoes. Well, too bad, I could be careless.

She found her younger cousin walking to his cousins and followed him. She didn’t have any friends beside them anyway. And she didn’t have any female friends either. The other princesses all found her too wild to befriend with them. And Boram herself didn’t want to hear them asking what kind of brand  she bought her clothes from. Her answer was from Sehun’s closet, and they never came near her after that.

“Yah, Oh Boram. Wait for me !”

Boram rolled her eyes. She hated that voice. It kept annoying her every time she stuck along to Sehun. She walked faster, attempting to escape but her hair was grabbed and gently, she was yanked backwards.

“Prince Baekhyun. Don’t act rashly, or I will leave this place right away”, Boram robotically murmured. She took her hair off of his grab and shot him her nasty glare before sauntered away from him.

Baekhyun stared at her back, his heart bounced against his ribcage in crazy speed. She was too standout, unlike other princesses, she came to the party with short black jeans and a grey hoodie, which Baekhyun was sure he had seen Sehun wore once. She merely greeted anyone with manner, instead, she nodded her head coolly like a real man.

He watched as Boram pulled Tao in for a headlock and hi-fived Chanyeol with a cheeky smirk, Kyungsoo nicely greeted her with his hand held out,  but Boram replied with a pat on his head instead.

Everything from Oh Boram fascinated him, and Byun Baekhyun was hoping that maybe, just maybe, Princess Oh Boram would at least see him as a man instead of a prince only.

But she calls me Prince Baekhyun instead of my name like how she calls the other. Is that mean that she finds me too far from her reach ?  

***

 

Two hours passed by meaninglessly to Boram. She did nothing but drinking four cans of cola, and her stomach started to hurt due to all the gas from those drinks. Her friends all had something interesting to do but her. Even her cousin left her aside to go play pools with Luhan and Xiumin.

Boram yawned, stretching her arms out and curled her legs up to her chest. She was sitting on one of the tool chairs by the bar and she was glad that this place seemed to attract less people.

“Are you sure you are a princess ?”

Boram inhaled sharply, her eyes shut in tiresome. How can I forget ? Of course he would be around.

“I was born as one. But now I am not so sure, Prince Baekhyun”, Boram replied without a hint of amusement in her voice.

Baekhyun sipped on his own cocktail, glancing at her with his perfect eyeliner-eyes. He swooned over her long, milky legs that were now placing on the face of the tool chair. He always got himself surprised and captivated whenever he met Boram. One hundred times more and he could still be enjoying watching her.

“You didn’t come to my birthday party last month”, Baekhyun commented randomly. He wanted to keep their short conversation going on but also wanted to know why she never bother to come to his place.

Boram shifted her tongue, pushing her cheeks from left to right, she turned to face him. Baekhyun smiled handsomely but Boram only looked past him to a pile of drinks behind his back. She reached her fairly long arm out and grabbed one orange juice bottle.

Baekhyun disappointedly looked away, sipping more into his drink. He had been pursuing her for three years already, but Princess Oh Boram seemed to be really good at ignoring him and his heart.

“I was out with my bunch of friends. We had an event to attend. Your birthday was not in my schedule, so yeah, I’m sorry. But Sehun didn’t send you my present ?”

Baekhyun mentally killed her bunch of friends with his bare hands. He always got jealous and envious when Boram and her guy friends appeared too comfortable with each other.  

And mostly, Baekhyun himself was too different from her choice of friends.

Oh Boram never got along well with same gender friends, it resulted in her having mostly guy friends. And her friends were not anywhere close to being royals.

“I was hoping you would come though”, he smiled sweetly, not showing his disheartened expression.

Boram stopped moving for a while, all she did was staring at him and his smile. Byun Baekhyun smiled wider and this time Boram looked away, clearing . “I will put your birthday in my schedule. Next year I’ll come”

He expressed his happiness by squealing like a small little girl, even though his voice was soft, Boram could still hear it. She gave him a weird look, but her lips quirked up amusedly. It’s her first time keeping silent and letting him around without shooing him away.

“You want to dance ?”, Baekhyun cleared his throat, putting his drink away. Boram bit back a chuckle, “You always ask me the same thing at this meaningless party. You should know my answer by now. I don’t dance”. Boram saw his expression turning into a mix of disappointment and rejection, her stomach churned guiltily. His normal face already looked like a puppy, but when he was sad, he looked even more adorable.

“Actually,

Please log in to read the full chapter