EXO's Suho 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by DongHoLay

Member : Joon Myeon
Genre: Sweet, Cute

“Suho, do you want to have lunch together ?”

“Suho, do you want to walk home together ?”

“Suho, are you free now ?”

“Suho, can you help me with this question ?”

EXO boys watched in amusement as Son Joo Hye kept asking Suho about this and that, and as a nice and sweet boy he was, Suho always nodded and said yes to whatever she asked him.

“I’ll see you in class, Joohye-ah”, Suho waved as the girl bowed slightly at his friends and flashed him a smile before heading off first.

Kai smirked, elbowing Xiumin next to him while wiggling his eyebrows to tease their leader. “You are so having a big fan”

“She is my classmate, Joohye is not my fan”, Suho shook his head. He never saw Joohye do anything more than just asking for his help. They just talked about common things. She had never directly told him that she liked him, or made a dare move on him. So Suho kept treating her nicely and friendly.

“Believe us, Son Joohye has a big crush on you. The most senseless person like Lay can see it, right hyung ?”, Chen smacked Lay’s head slightly, causing the unicorn of the group snapped his eyes innocently at Suho .

“What are you guys talking about ?”

Tao sighed, he made a face at how clueless and slow Lay could be. “You know Son Joohye ? She is so in love with Suho hyung”

Lay nodded immediately at that, “That’s right ! I heard her friends teasing her about not being able to stop staring at our lovely Joonmyun”

Suho furrowed his brows, “Don’t be kidding me, what you guys are saying might ruin my friendship with her”, he shook his head. Suho was not interested in love yet, all he wanted to do was finishing highschool and get into a good university. He appreciated how friendly Joohye was, but if she really had a crush on him, he should stop leading her on.

“Lay is not a liar, we all know about that”, D.O calmly stated, not raising his gaze away from a book he was holding. “But Joohye is a decent girl. She is smart, pretty in her own way and really good at making friends. I think she suits you”

Suho frowned, he didn’t like the idea of a friend liking him. “I will show her that I am not feeling the same …”, he mumbled, slumping his shoulders and headed back to his classroom. “See you guys later …”

EXO sighed as Suho walked away looking so down. “Another stupid lovestory, where the guy hurts the girl without knowing”, Baekhyun flicked his fingers with a smart smirk.

 

***

 

For the next few days, Joohye had already noticed how Suho never smiled or acted normal around her. Whenever she asked him to have lunch together or even borrow his book, he always rudely rejected her and walked away without a glance.

He was not the same gentle and polite classmate she knew. It’s like he had changed into a brand new Suho – just in front of her.

She could tell he still treated their other classmates the same. Just her was different.

Joohye was smart – like how D.O described her – she was not that good in studying, but she had a good sense and could tell things by people’s expression and the way they acted. Just a mere awkward look Suho gave her, Joohye could tell he had already known about the crush she had on him.

It’s not that surprising, knowing that she had been continuously trying to get his attention. Suho was just so nice and undoubtful that he didn’t notice her behavior yet.

“Does it mean that he doesn’t feel the same ?”, Joohye whined, she was asking opinion from his friend and also her cousin that no one knew about, Do Kyungsoo.

D.O put his book down and gave her a cold look, “I am reading, and you are annoying me”. Joohye sneered at him, “Be nice to me, Kyungsoo. I am your older cousin”

“But you are still annoying. And I don’t know about his feeling, all I know is yeah, he knows that you liked him”, D.O fixed his collar and continued putting his nose into the book. “Just don’t hurt yourself”, D.O muttered softly, he sounded like he was annoyed, but Joohye couldn’t help but to grin at him. “Aw, Dyo Dyo is so cute when you act like you don’t care”

“Go away”, D.O rolled his eyes, smacking her shoulders to push her away. Joohye chuckled, she ruffled his hair before looking for Suho.

 

***

 

Suho felt like he had committed a crime. He was not good at ignoring people, and now he had to not only ignore Joohye but also treat her in a mean way.

Suho almost choked on his saliva when a voice called him from behind. “Suho-ah”. Taking in a deep breath, his eyes turned cold and also with an emotionless tone, he nodded at the girl, “Hey, Joohye”

Joohye bit her lips, she suddenly became shy in front of him, the effect he had on her was not a joke at all.

“I wonder, do you want to hang out at the bookstore after school ?”, she suggested with a tint of pink creeping on her cheeks. Suho always agreed to go with her to the bookstore, they both loved books and hanging out together with each other was comfortable too.

But Suho didn’t want to give her a wrong message, he couldn’t lead her on when he didn’t have any intention to like her back. He would rather to make her cry right now than later.

“I’m sorry, Joohye. But I promise to go with Kyungsoo to his house for a project later”, Suho firmly shook his head.

*But, today is aunty’s birthday, Kyungsoo has to attend her party …*, Joohye’s expression dropped. Now she had confirmed her worry, Suho was definitely avoiding her at all cost.

“Okay… goodbye then”, Joohye lowered her head and ran away.

Suho gulped down a big guilty plum in his throat. He could clearly see tears on her eyes, and he was sure that she had understood his doing. She had known that he didn’t feel the same and would give up her feeling for him.

“We will return back to our normal friendship. No more awkward feeling intruded our minds”, with a relieving sigh, Suho thought back to a smiling Joohye whenever she saw him. “She is a great friend … I hope she will not hate me after this”

 

***

 

Suho didn’t think that after that day, his friendship with Joohye was not the same anymore. She rarely talked to him, if there was a time she did, it was because they bumped into each other and she had to say sorry first then run off.

Suho never caught Joohye staring at him during classes anymore. But now he was the one looking forward to

Please log in to read the full chapter