EXO's Baekhyun 04

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by FerozakhAE

Member: Baekhyun
Genre: Angst, Romance
Plot: Author's Choice

 

They said that bestfriends were match made in heaven. It meant that once you had someone was your best of friend, you were given an ability to know them inside out, you can read their mind like it was naturally yours, you could tell their feeling just by a mere look at their faces, and you can share everything with them without any fear.

That’s what people said and thought for years. And it happened to be right for most of pairs of bestfriends.

But, in the case of Hwang Boyoung and Byun Baekhyun, all of the facts out there were not exactly right, at least not right for Baekhyun himself.

He took Boyoung for granted as the girl would end up giving in to him whenever he whined or forgiving him over all the fault he had done. And as a carefree, ignorant boy he was born as, Byun Baekhyun would never know how much Boyoung had been suffering because of him if no one told him.

They first knew each other through Tao, who belonged to Baekhyun’s group of friends and also Boyoung’s younger cousin. Time passed by quickly before anyone could remember, Baekhyun and Boyoung became bestfriends, always stuck to each other.

Boyoung was not Tao’s cousin for nothing. If the younger cousin was a master of wushu, Boyoung could be called master in taekwondo too. The Huang in China had a long time tradition of Wushu and the Hwang in Korea had the same equal tradition of Taekwondo. Boyoung was raised up to be a strong-headed and straightforward girl, still, no one could tell why she never be straightforward about her feeling for Baekhyun.

“Hey, Bo !”

Boyoung slammed the door of his locket shut with a loud bang and turned to look at Baekhyun lazily. “What’s with your happy mood so early in the morning ?”, she grunted and walked past him, hitting her shoulder with his, earning a puppy-like yelp from her bestfriend.

“Because my baby is back today !”, Baekhyun exclaimed giddily. He caught up with Boyoung by just a few stretch of his legs, wrapping his ridiculously beautiful fingers around her bun of hair and yanked her head back forcefully.

Boyoung glared over her shoulder and took a couple of steps back to his side. She didn’t bother to whack his hand away either, knowing that he would pull on her hair again if he liked to. “Who is your baby ?”

Baekhyun gave her an are-you-freaking-kidding me look. “You are kidding, right ? My baby of course is my girlfriend ! Park Michan is back from her three-month-holiday in Japan !~”

Boyoung’s face hardened. She scoffed slightly, her shoulder bounced along. “So Miss. Devil is back ? I was too happy when she’s gone to remember that she is your girlfriend”, she muttered under her breath. Baekhyun glanced at her confusedly, “Did you say something about devil ?”

“Yeah, I was saying that Tao was a devil, he stole my most favorite teddy bear and brought the worst out of it”, Boyoung whacked his hand away this time and stormed off. Sorry Tao, I had to lie that you were devil Michan and called Baekhyun my teddy bear. But I really hate her.

 

***

 

“Noona, over here”, Tao stood up and waved his cousin over.

Boyoung smiled a goodbye to her classmate and headed straight to EXO table, where she always sat at during lunch without receiving any hate comments by other students. Firstly because she was Tao’s cousin and Baekhyun’s bestfriend, and secondly because she was famous as the fearless girl, once you messed with Hwang Boyoung, you couldn’t return back for a few days.

“Tao, did you bring my lunch box with you ? I couldn’t find it in my bag. I swear I will tell my mom about your stupid-“, Boyoung stopped in the mid of talking once she spotted one face she hadn’t seen for three months sitting in the middle of the guys.

“Good to see you again, Boyoung. I can see that you are still rude with your words, not so girly, aren’t you ?”, Michan smiled angelically, yet, to Boyoung, she was placing an overly ugly face on.

“I’m not so happy, to be truthful”, Boyoung faked a smile and hastily grabbed her lunch box from Tao.

Baekhyun had his eyes rounded, “Boyoung ! What are you saying ? Michan is my girlfriend, you have to be happy to see her ! You are my bestfriend !”

That’s exactly why I hate her, and it’s not because she is your girlfriend, but it’s because she is Michan. Boyoung shot Baekhyun a look of humorlessness and her sneakers, approaching a table few feet away and sat there alone. As much as she loved her bestfriend, she couldn’t stand staying in the same place with his girlfriend for him. Knowing Michan, she was a man-lover and Baekhyun obviously was not her first boyfriend and definitely couldn’t be her last one.

Baekhyun felt his throat turning dry and hot at the same time. Ever since he dated Michan seven months ago, Boyoung never bothered to hide her hatred towards the other girl. He was happy when she became her normal self when Michan was gone for a few months. And Baekhyun was hoping that since Michan was back, Boyoung could be more friendly with his girlfriend. I only want my bestfriend to be close with my girlfriend, is it too much to ask for ?

Baekhyun felt Michan hugging his arm and snapped out of his own thought. She leaned her cheek against his forearm and let out a pout, “Baek oppa, I don’t think Boyoung likes me. She seems to hate my presence, should I go so that she can sit here with you guys ?”. Her voice was a mess of different kind of candies, it’s too sweet in a high-pitched way. And most of EXO guys flinched at her voice.

No one, I repeat, no one except Baekhyun was fooled by her act. All other 11 boys knew her true color, but thinking of their friend’s foolish love for her, they all convinced themselves that Michan would change if she was with Baekhyun, which seemed like an impossible thing.

“You don’t have to leave this table because of my noona, Michan-ssi. Because I am coming to her, she would not be lonely, if that’s what you are worrying about”, Tao coldly spat and left their table.

Michan gasped softly, she didn’t believe that one of the boys dared to snap at her like that. “Baek oppa !”

Baekhyun frowned, he watched as Tao sitting down beside Boyoung who returned a smile and they both continued their lunch, totally ignored his confusing look.

“It’s okay, Michan. You still have me and that’s all you need, right ? Moreover, there are another ten handsome guys around you”, Baekhyun glanced at his remaining friends, who in turn looked away, coughing awkwardly.

“You’re right”, Michan squealed, pecking his cheek, she turned to EXO and flashed a bright, fakely innocent smile, “You guys are such great guys”.

Kris coughed and calmly stood up, bringing his lunch with him. Luhan and Xiumin also politely smiled at Michan and followed after Kris. Lay felt Chen elbowing him, nodding towards the other threes who were making away towards Tao and Boyoung, Lay nodded softly and a second later, both of them followed suit.

“We will eat with Boyoung, sorry”, Lay sweetly beamed and let Chen drag him away.

“OPPA !”, Michan wailed, she made a face for Baekhyun to see. Baekhyun tried to sooth her by rubbing her back, but his attention was fully on Boyoung, his bestfriend, who was being surrounded by his guy friends. The scene was not good at all, Baekhyun felt his heart tighten in something similar to jealousy. Why must I feel like this ? I have Michan by my side already. I have to be jealous because of Michan, not Boyoung.

“You still have … um … me, can’t you see, Michan ?”, Baekhyun reasoned out. How could his girlfriend react like that about other boys when her boyfriend was here next to her side ?

Michan bit the inside of her cheeks, she scrutinized the remaining boys. I still want to have all of them surrounding me. I want this whole school to know that I am the only girl allowed to be with them, not Boyoung. Stupid girl. She thought no one knew that she loved Baekhyun ? It’s my great choice to lure Baekhyun instead of other boy.

“Of course, as long as you are with me, I don’t need anyone else”, Michan smiled with her eyes forming two half moons. Baekhyun found himself smiling at her, “You’re so sweet”, he leaned in, kissing her nose and tried to feed her his food.

Kai rolled his eyes, he leaned over

Please log in to read the full chapter