EXO's Xiumin 01

Vanessa's Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is a request by wnterc

Member : EXO’s Xiumin
Name of OC : No Jihae
Scenario : First time meeting at fan signing event, *accidently because she's not a fan*, she really wants to know him in real life. Because somehow, he is fascinating to her. First love :)
Genres : mystery, fluff and romance
Additional note : happy ending! ^^

 

 

“No Mihae, I seriously don’t know where to go and who to find at this crowded place. Can you please do this yourself ?”, Jihae spoke into her phone, her expression was calm and composed, but her voice sure was not anything near the word calmness. She had tried her best not to scold her younger sister over a mere phone call, but what her baby girl wanted her to do was really not understandable.

“You know why I can’t go there ! I am still in Japan ! And three more hours until my flight takes off, how could I appear there ? Magic, you say ?”

Jihae exhaled loudly. The nerve of this little girl. Mihae was four years younger than her and had stayed in Japan for her study years ago. Today was the day Mihae returned to Korea but instead asking Jihae to pick her up at the airport, Mihae begged Jihae to go on her behalf to the fansign of some idol group that the younger sibling sure didn’t know about.

“I’m going home. I still have to pack my stuffs, I have to move into the new apartment tomorrow”, Jihae firmly stated. She hastily stood up from the bench and turned around, still on her phone and crashed her face into someone.

Gasping, Jihae jumped back a feet, bowing her head again and again. “I’m really sorry. I should have look where I was going”, she apologized loud and clear, a habit she learnt to have when she first started off her job as a freelance journalist, she did all kind of study about everything in the world, but one thing she left out, it was music industry, especially K-pop. And that explained why she barely knew any famous youngsters nowadays.

Jihae straightened up. She dropped her arm with her phone down by her side, not wanting to be rude apologizing to someone while still on the phone. She looked at the person she bumped into and once again bowed her head, “I’m sorry, sir”

The man only stared at her, his eyes were twinkling with amusement. He opened his mouth, he looked like he wanted to say something but then tell himself not to. After what seemed like a long time, the man dismissed her continuous apology action by holding his hand out, “It’s okay, you don’t have to bow. A part of it is my fault too. I was in a rush”

Jihae felt like a big plump was forming inside . She was a type to only look at someone once and she could tell what kind of person they were. And this guy in front of her was a mystery, he had small eyes which might give people bad impression for being sneaky, but in this case, his small eyes looked so warm and truly sincere when he looked at her. A question that rarely popped up in her mind suddenly made its entrance and Jihae was flabbergasted.

Who is he ?

No Jihae was not used to being interested in some stranger like this before. She sure might take a liking on some of her guy friends during her high school era, but never once did she pay attention to a stranger so much.

“Is your face okay ? Is anywhere hurt ?”, his voice was small and amost inaudible. Jihae noticed her was lowering his head more than he should and he was trying to make himself as small as possible. Is he hiding from someone ? She asked herself, slightly confused as while he looked like a rat on a chase.

“No, I’m totally fine. But, um, are you okay ? You look restless …”, Jihae hesitated to ask but did it anyway. She loved to give a helping hand. “Do you need to hide from someone ? Are … you running from a gang or something ?”

At first, Jihae was still seriously looking at him with determination to help him written all over her eyes. But when the guy broke into a fit of chuckling, she realized how ridiculous her question was.

Oh man, I watch too many dramas …. Jihae mentally slapped herself. “Don’t mind me”, she muttered, covering the lower part of her face. Red blush covered her cheeks and she was more embarrassed when the guy seemed to could not stop laughing.

“I have to go. Sorry for bumping into you. Eh, bye ?”, Jihae hurried past him without looking at his face once. She had no heart to face the guy after saying all of those silly imaginations of her out loud. Tell me once again why I choose to be a journalist.

Once Jihae was a good distance away from the stranger, she put her phone back onto her ear, “Mihae, I’m heading hom-“

“Noooo ! Unnie, you can’t ! I spent 300.000won for that album you called stupid so that I got this chance to meet them but you know what ?! I CAN’T BE THERE ! So please, you know you love me, can you please help me get their signatures ?”

Jihae shut right away. This time it’s not because she loved Mihae. It was because of the amount of money her sister had spent. Jihae narrowed her eyes, she glanced down to her slouchy bag where she could take a glimpse of an object Mihae had ordered three weeks ago.

Jihae shut her eyes, blood started boiling inside her stomach, “No Mihae, 300.000won … You spent that much on this useless piece of thing ?!”

Jihae swore she could have punch her sister if they were not a phone call away. And Mihae herself was starting to get angry as well. “Unnie, stop calling them stupid and useless, can you ?! They are EXO !”

“XO, I don’t drink that wine, it’s tasteless. I love Barley”, Jihae commented straightly.

“Unnie …”

Jihae sighed. “I’m kidding, okay. I know you are talking about that really crowded group of high school boys. And I am aware that I am here for them, on behalf of straightly.

“Unnie …”

Jihae sighed. “I’m kidding, okay. I know you are talking about that really crowded group of high school boys. And I am aware that I am here for them, on behalf of you, as well. But-“

“They are not high school boys ! Their oldest member is your age !”

Jihae sighed. She could not talk normally with Mihae without getting interrupted by her overprotective fangirl-self. She checked the time and sighed again, she wasted two hours for all of these things. But one thing Jihae never admitted, she could not say no to Mihae. They were siblings and Mihae was like her baby. As much as a whining baby Mihae could be, Jihae still handled her well.

“Who was that guy you wanted me to have him write a heart for you again ?”

Once she had heard the reply from the other line, Jihae ended the call and braced herself. She turned around and winced at the sight of the long line waiting for their turn.

“Here goes nothing”

 

***

 

Xiumin returned to his seat behind the long table where all of his friends were all sitting. He had excused himself to go to the restroom for a while. He had a terribly stomachache that morning and he just couldn’t wait for the fansigning to end.

A silly smile was playing on his lips as it’s not gone past the eagle eyes of Chen. “Hyung, why are you smiling ?”

“Huh ?”, Xiumin blinked out of his thought. He composed himself, sitting straighter and flashed a few shy smiles at his fans before turning to face Chen.

“I did not”

“You did too. You look like a lovesick puppy. Did you see your angel just then ?”, Chen raised an eyebrow. He accepted a small gift from the fan he was signing for and waved at her wholeheartedly.

It was lucky that the distance between fans and them was far enough so that their whisperings could not be heard. Xiumin bowed to a fan and smacked Chen’s thigh slightly. “Stop talking nonsense. You might cause a scandal involving me !”

“Just making guess. I saw a really pretty fan down there and wonder if you also did the same”, Chen scowled, unhappy that Xiumin smacked him for no reason.

Xiumin kept silent. He thought about the previous event when a lady bumped into him just a while ago. She looked really mature and pretty. Probably not one of their fans, Xiumin could tell because when she apologized and looked up, her reaction was rather calm when she saw him. If she was a fan, Xiumin could not sit here peacefully instead he might have been chased by crazy fans.

The way she studied him made him insecure but he was amused when she asked if he had been running away from a gang. A really mature-looking girl asked me such a childish question, I guess she could be an angel that Chen tried to talk about. Xiumin chuckled softly to himself. Interesting.

 

***

 

Jihae frowned when a young girl pushed her roughly on her shoulder, making her stumbling back several steps. What made her unhappy was that young girl didn't bother to say sorry, instead, she even shot Jihae a glare.

"Excuse me, you are at fault-"

"Ahjumma, you are too old for my oppas, don't you know ? I will be nice this time, you don't have to say sorry", that young girl huffed, waving her hand off as if she was giving out mercy.

Jihae gaped, hang open and her jaw was set, "W-What, ahjumma ?!"

Just when she was about to bounce into the girl and teach her a lesson, a puffy security man stepped in between them. Jihae was taken aback when he grabbed her arm, even though his grip was much gentle than she thought it would be.

"Miss, it's your turn", the man said politely to Jihae.

Jihae was still in a daze, not knowing what he was talking about beside feeling appreciated because what he had said sure had affected that young snobbish girl a lot. Her face grumbled into a deeper frown and disbelief was shot towards Jihae.

"This ahjumma has the special pass into the fansign ?!"

Special what ...?, Jihae furrowed her eyebrows. She followed the look they all gave her and looked down at the album in her hand. Something caught her eyes, it was a small piece of card, with a number 002 on it, in golden color.

"This ?", Jihae held it out. Even though she didn't know yet what it was, but as long as she could scrub it into that impolite girl, she could act a little. "Too bad, it seems like you aren't as lucky as me, yeah ?", a smirk played firmly on her lips and Jihae almost laughed out loud when she stomped her foot and scurried off without further argument.

Jihae cleared , brushing a strain of hair behind her ear, Jihae looked straight into the security man without a hint of embarrassment. She did nothing wrong, why must she be shy ?

“Actually, I am not a fan. I came here because my sister is busy. Can you explain to me what this special pass is for ?”, Jihae smiled a little, tilting the card upwards.

At first, the security gave her a weird look, unsure and wariness could be seen in his eyes. But then he chuckled understandingly, “Of course, you look nowhere like a fan. This card”, he pointed at the card, “Is one of twenty special passes that only twenty lucky fans could get. You can go up there get their signatures anytime you want. And since the fansign is not opened officially yet, you should go up there before it got crowded”

formed an O. Wow, Mihae actually got herself a special pass. She would kill to be in this place right now”

“Can you show me where to get up there ?”, Jihae politely asked. The security man seemed to really please to show this beautiful and polite girl anything she wanted, he led the way and Jihae was glad that she didn’t have to swim through the sea of fans.

What’s the name of Mihae’s favorite ? Right, it’s Huang Zitao …

 

***

 

Even though the fansign was not opened yet, EXO had been already busy signing for t

Please log in to read the full chapter