You.

My Electric Heart

Your conceited attitude...

I lay awake for the longest time, the tire that I had felt earlier long gone. Two occurrences ran through my mind, the kiss with Jonghyun, and the kiss just now with Taemin. More confused than I had ever been, I got out of bed, deciding to get something to drink to calm down. Milk sounded amazing right now.

I walked into the hallway, noticing the kitchen light was on. I squinted, being almost blinded while I walked closer. I entered the kitchen, faced with Hee Young sitting at the kitchen table.

My eyes got wide and I said, "W-What are you doing here still?!" Was she staying over night? Did Taemin know she was still here? I felt my body heat increase as I filled with anger.

She laughed. "Shh. You'll wake everyone else." She rolled her eyes and motioned for me to sit. "What are you doing up already." She said coldly as I sat down. "It's like 5 am."

"I couldn't sleep..."

She laughed. "Ha, that's funny. Earlier, you couldn't seem to get to sleep much faster." She rolled her eyes again.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, this time more demanding.

She shrugged. "Taemin felt it was a bad idea to let me go home at this time of night, so he cleared a space in the living room for me to sleep." She sighed cutely. "Aigo, he's such a sweet man."

I bit my lip. Taemin suggested this?

She noticed this, and laughed again. "Don't worry, he went to his own room." She pursed her lips and stared at me disapprovingly. She then sighed and said softly, "Although I'm sure he prefered I left again."

Again?

"What?" I asked, surprised. "What do you mean...?"

She chuckled. "I'm sure he's told you."

I stared at her, still confused, waiting to hear more. She narrowed her eyes. "You don't know? Taemin forced me out of Seoul in the first place." Her phone buzzed. "So why wouldn't he want me gone again?" She sighed, looking at her phone. "Well, I have a ride to pick me up now. Do me a favor and tell Taemin I left, will you?"

I nodded slowly as she got up and exited the building. I sank into my chair, in deep thought about what she had said.

Jonghyun told me she left without a word...but she says Taemin made her leave? My head was throbbing and I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

"Who left?" I heard. Startled, I looked up, seeing Jonghyun standing there in nothing but some gray sweats. I gasped, standing up and looking away quickly.

"At least put a shirt on!" I said cruelly, peeking his way just to notice his huge biceps and toned abs. I breathed in, trying to look away, but the sight was near beautiful.

He caught me staring and said, "Alright, I'll put a shirt on. But you need to go to bed. What are you doing up anyway?" He walked toward the fridge, opening and leaning down to grab something, leaving his in my view.

"I was getting something to drink....." I said slowly, finally peeling my eyes off of Jonghyun. He turned around, holding some milk in his hand and nodded, taking a sip.

I watched as he gulped it down, his face serious and concentrated, yet somehow emitting a warm feeling.

"Jonghyun." I said, causing him to set the milk down and lean against the counter, crossing his arms to pay attention.

"What?" he asked, staring straight into my eyes.

"Um...it's just that...did you lie to me?"

He stood up straight and ruffled his hair, avoiding my gaze. "What?" He said again.

I looked away for a split second, then back to him. "Hee Young said that Taemin forced her out of Seoul. Is that true?"

Jonghyun's eyes suddenly looked fearful and caught and he rubbed his brow with his thumbs. "She told you that, huh?" He said, dodging my question.

"Yea."

"Well, I think she just means that she felt obligated to leave once Taemin confessed to her. Don't you think? Maybe you just interpreted it wrong, huh?"

I shook my head. "It didn't seem that way...."

He grabbed my arm and started leading me out of the kitchen. "Listen, I wouldn't worry about it. After all, can you even trust her?"

He had a point there. I nodded. "I guess you're right. She probably was just trying to mess with me... It's all very confusing..."

"Exactly." He smiled lightly, ruffled my hair, and said, "Well, try to get some sleep alright?" He rushed down the hallway and let me go, then turned back toward his room, just looking back to wave goodnight.

I felt myself blush as he smiled at me, and I put my hands to my cheeks.

I had been so wrong about him. He was a really sweet guy, wasn't he? There was no way that he could have lied. What was I thinking? I went back to my room, crawling in bed and started thinking again. Hee Young really was something.

First she forces Taemin to date her for selfish reasons, then makes him fall in love with her, and then leaves? And her excuse is that him telling her he loved her made it imperitave that she just leave? But then, she comes back, and tries to get with him? I thought.

I shook my head. I just didn't understand how Taemin could like a girl like that.


A/N the next chapter is coming shortly.