Chapter XXI

With Her

 

Kai woke up around 2 in the morning during their free day. Same thing had been bothering again so he decided to go to their practice room earlier to relieve his stress by practicing earlier. When he grabbed a bottle of water, he decided to bring two.

When he is already on the way to their practice room, he suddenly heard a mellow music playing from the inside. ‘Someone’s earlier than me? And what kind of song he is playing?’ he thought slowly turning the knob.

When he looked over the mirror, he saw Joo In trying to practice a dance as if she has her partner. From the way she looks, she must have been here way earlier.

Her moves kept him at his place. They are so feminine, graceful as if she is feeling the song by heart. Joo In saw him peeking at the door. “Kai oppa,” she stopped looking at him through the mirror.

“Why are you in here?” Kai asked getting inside.

“I’m practicing our couple dance. We are having an early Halloween party, and they suggested a dance,” she smiled.

Kai laid down his bag and walked over where she is.

“You’re imagining your partner?” he asked.

“I can’t invite him this early, and not I here too,” she replied.

“Have you been here since one?” he asked again.

“Aniyo, I have been here since twelve, I had asked permission from Luhan oppa. He wants to come but I insisted not. He needs to rest, how about you? Aren’t you supposed to be resting too?”

“I can’t sleep. I just need to release some stress, so here I am.”

“You dance when you are stressed? That’s nice! I’ll take a break, the dance floor is all yours,” she smiled.

“I have an extra bottle of water there, you can have it.”

She smiled and proceeds to get the bottle as he the radio playing one of their songs.

She was awed from the way he dances, that made her jaw drop when he danced their point moves.

After more than three minutes, she found herself clapping her hands.

“WOW! It’s so cool!” she clapped.

He smiled at her, “Shall we practice your dance?” he offered.

“But, you don’t know the steps and how it should be,” she bit her lip.

“But can we find a similar one on the internet?” he asked.

“Um… Yeah! There are some in YouTube,” she reached for her phone and started browsing.

“Here!” she showed him her phone.

They watched the video for several times before he stood up.

“Let’s go?” he held his hand for her.

 

She plugged in her phone to let the music play. Just naturally, he slid his arm at her waist pulling her close while she placed her hand on his shoulder. She took a deep breath before they started gliding on the floor just how the dance should be.

“Do you feel awkward?” she asked feeling him quite stiff.

“Huh? A-aniyo,” he looked away.

Slowly, he released her but not totally letting her go. Then she twirled her back to him, pulling her closely.

She slowly glides around him as if seducing her that when she turned to face him, he involuntarily pulled her closer, letting his hand ran through her face. She was startled but then he immediately took control of himself and proceeds on the next step.

The dance is just a minute long and ends in a dip.  He slowly lifted her up, unintentionally letting the distance between their face get closer.

Something about the distance made him catch his breath. She smiled then slowly pushed him but he is caught in a daze by their position, his eyes locked on her lips.

“Um, Kai oppa? Are you okay?” she asked getting quite uncomfortable already.

“I’m sorry,” he lets go bowing his head.

“Are you okay? You seems to be quite bothered,” she tried to reach for him but he motioned her to stop.

He grabbed his bag and left her.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“Oppa, is Kai feeling well?” Joo In asked over dinner at her husband.

“Why do you ask?”

“Early today, we had practice together, but he’s quite distracted.”

“Distracted? Why do you say so?”

“It looks like something’s bothering him. When I asked him, he just apologized and left me.”

“Would you want to go and see him? We can come there after dinner,” Luhan looked at her.

“Would it be okay for you?” she asked.

“Of course! You’re concern about him and I am happy for that. It only shows that you care for my co-members,” he assured her reaching to hold her hand.

 

After dinner, the couple visited the boys unit. Since Luhan knows the pass code, they unlocked the door and both were surprised to see how messy their unit is. Chen, Chanyeol and Tao were chasing each other around the unit. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Lay were arguing at the kitchen; Kris and Suho were laughing by the doorway over a picture and Kai, Sehun and Xiumin are busy playing video games.

“On which crowd are you whenever you are with them?” she smiled up at her husband.

Luhan sheepishly smiled before banging the door to catch their attention.

Everyone stopped and looked at the doorway. In a matter of minutes, they all scrambled to arrange themselves as Chanyeol yelled at those in the kitchen about the couple’s sudden visit.

Just like good boys, they arranged themselves to greet the couple who went inside.

 

She was still smiling when they all settled down at the living room.

“You don’t have to stop whatever you are doing right now, I’m fine with it,” she assured them.

Kyungsoo, Lay and Xiumin went back to the kitchen while the others remained at the living room.

“So, why is the couple here? It’s a surprise visit,” Suho leaned by the wall.

“Joo In wants to talk to Kai,” Luhan replied as he grabs Kai’s game controller and starts playing with Sehun.

Kai gave a nervous laugh. “Privately, if you may,” Joo In smiled back at him.

 

He followed her to the balcony, “Tell me honestly, what’s wrong with you earlier?”

Kai smiled, “I’m sorry about what I had acted earlier. I was being rude by just leaving you, and blame it on hormones why did I act like that,” he explained.

“Are you sure?” she looked doubtful.

He nodded pinching her cheek, “Ne noona!”

“Yah! You’re older than me,” she pouted.

He laughed in response, “Seriously, are you still on your plan in braking off the marriage?” he asked.

“If the situation calls for it, I would,” she leaned by the railings, “Why do you ask?”

He sighed, “I had this strange dream days ago which keeps on repeating. In that dream, I can see Hyung reaching for you but you are just moving forward your head turned to look at him. Hyung looks like he is stuck on his place and can’t move to run after you. The strange one is that you are with two kids, one on each of your side. It’s a boy and a girl, but I can’t see them because they had their back on me. What would that mean?” he narrated.

“Two kids? Does it coincide with the kids I want? A twin of a boy and a girl?” she asked.

“Precisely, don’t you find it weird?”

“I guess stress must have brought those dreams to you,” she smiled.

“Maybe yes, maybe no. But what if it really happened? Would you really leave with the kids?” Kai asked again.

“You’re scaring me already,” she looked at him, her smile disappearing.

“Mianhe, I think we should get inside,” he pulled her closing the door with them.

 

When they got inside, all of them are watching Lay and Sehun playing a video game.

“This is what we usually do,” he whispered.

“Hyung! Have you brought a dress for Joo In?” Kai interrupted the game session.

Everyone turned to look at them. “YES! I won!” Sehun cheered.

“That’s unfair! I was distracted!” Lay defended.

“It’s not! You should have focused instead rather than look at them.” –Sehun

Suddenly the TV went black. “What the- Hyung! Why pull the cord?” Sehun exclaimed.

“We are talking about Joo In here not the video game,” Kris replied.

“Kai, what dress are you talking about?” –Luhan

“Oh, she didn’t inform you? They are having an early Halloween party, and then she needs a dress for the dance.” –Kai

“Dance?” –Luhan

“Halloween party?” –Sehun

“Yeah, I even helped her-“ Joo In immediately covered his mouth as he tries to wriggle from her.

“Don’t mind him oppa, I had already ordered a dress for the dance,” she smiled.

When Kai got free from her hold, “They are doing a couple dance. She practiced it with me earlier and hyung, it’s way intimate,” he looked at Luhan.

Everyone looked at Joo In, “What? It’s- um, … Yah! Why are you all looking at me as if I committed a crime?” she pouted.

They laughed at her, “Joo In-na, shall we demonstrate the dance?” Kai offered.

“Aniyo,” she declined.

Kai grabbed her phone and plugged it on the stereo, “You will dance with me,” he grinned at her.

Everyone just went still as he played the song reaching for her hand.

Left with no choice, she agreed and they danced.

 

After the dip, the boys clapped their hands in awe.

“Joo In-na, you can actually be seductive dancing dances like that,” Chen clapped then shook her hand.

Luhan, slowly pulled her from Kai, “I won’t permit you in participating in that dance,” he whispered as the others teased them.

“Hyung! That’s unfair! She practiced all night for that dance.” –Kai

“Yeah, and it’s part of the party. Don’t be such a kill joy.” –Baekhyun

“I would only permit her if,” he paused pulling her closer, grinning while tracing her jaw line, “I am he partner.”

“They are at it again,” Suho rolled his eyes as the others agreed in his proposition.

He stole a quick kiss on her before releasing her.

“Oh yeah, like we didn’t saw that kiss,” Sehun plugged in the cord to play again.

Joo In buried her face on Luhan’s chest to cover her blushing face.