Chapter XII

With Her

“I am so tired! I need a week of rest!” Baekhyun stretched as they arrived on their dorm unit. They had just arrived from China. It’s already dark when they got to their unit.

“You still have some pending schedules, there’s way more to finish before that very much needed rest,” their manager said opening the door for the boys.

They lined up one by one as the couple opened theirs too.

Suddenly, Joo In called over Tao who was the last to enter, “Tao oppa!”

Tao looked at her, same with her husband. “Will you please give this to Kris oppa?” she asked reaching for her bag.

She took out a framed picture and handed it to him. “What’s this?” Tao asked trying to look over the wrap of the frame.

“I forgot to give it to him when we were still in China,” Joo In smiled and proceeds to get inside their unit.

“Is this an advance gift for Kris’ birthday?” Tao asked over Luhan.

“I don’t know, I didn’t even know that she has that frame when we packed up,” Luhan replied and went inside.

 

“Kris, Joo In gave this to you,” Tao called over Kris when he got inside.

Everyone crowded over the frame as Tao handed it over Kris. “Is it my birthday today?” he asked the others.

“Hurry! Open it up!” Tao exclaimed excitedly.

He unwrap the frame as everyone stood in awe at the picture. It was Kris side view which she sketched during their stay in China while they are drawing at the balcony.

“Woah! I didn’t know she can draw that well,” Baekhyun marveled over the framed sketch.

“I should ask for my own sketch too. Do you think it’s quite unfair that only Kris got the sketch?” Kai asked the others. They exchanged looks.

In a matter of minutes everyone rushed outside to the couple’s unit.

 

Meanwhile, Luhan is busy arranging his things when there was a frantic ringing of the door bell.

“I’ll take it!” he heard Joo In called over.

After a while, he heard a heavy thump as if something heavy fell down. He immediately rushed to the door way.

The sight made him roll over in laughter.

The boys were in a heap by the door.  Chanyeol, Tao and Kai were squashed on the floor while Kyungsoo is on top of them. Joo In stood in her place shocked by the boys.

“Yah! Get off! You are not that light!” Tao complained as he tries to move.

Slowly, one by one, the boys stood up and helped the three get up.

(^_^) “What’s the rush? How did you guys end up that way?” Luhan asked leaning by the wall, still laughing.

“We’ve seen the frame sketch of Kris which she drew,” Baekhyun started.

“And?” Luhan prompted.

“We want Joo In to … you know … draw, hehehe…” Tao smiled at Joo In.

She gave a half smile and walked to her room.

“You must have frightened her,” Luhan said walking inside their living room as the others followed.

“I told them to do it later but they came in and rushed to get to her,” Kai explained squatting on the floor.

“You’re the one who actually ran up first that’s why you end up on the floor,” Suho defended.

 

After a while, Joo In came out of her room, holding a scroll.

“We didn’t ask for a scripture,” Chanyeol whispered over Kai who gave a nod.

“I’m sorry; I cannot draw you guys perfectly. This is all that I had come up,” she bowed before unrolling the scroll in front of them. The picture was this: (Credits to the original owner)

 

 

After giving them the picture, she bowed again and went inside her room. The boys looked at the closed door before looking down at the unrolled paper.

“It’s so… “ Tao scanned over the unrolled scroll.

“Perfect,” Suho finished. The next thing they were pointing each other over the picture.

 

The following days, the boys got more serious on their work. They barely have time to rest. Shows and guestings flooded their schedule. During one of their show, Joo In watched along with the audience. From where she is, she saw how strong their bond is. She was left in awe at the friendship that had bound them together.

‘Just how can I bear to break this thing?’ she thought seeing them enjoying the show.

“Why are you teary eyed? And why are you sitting there?” Their manager blurted out beside her. “Follow me, “he pulled her out of seat and lead her near the stage.

“Your husband is so lucky to have you,” their manager started.

“I don’t think so,” she replied watching her husband.

“Come on! Don’t say that! If I have a son about your age or a bit older, I will find any means for him to marry you,” he said looking at her.

“Why do you want that to happen?” she asked again.

“Because I can foresee something good,” he winked at her.

“Do yo have powers or such to foresee things?” she asked. Their manager just smiled.

She looked at her watch after a while, “Oh, I’m going to be late. I have to go,” she waved off and left just as the show ended.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“Hyung, who was that girl with you?” Chen asked as they are on the dressing room. Everyone prepares again for their next performance.

“Joo In,” he replied casually checking the others.

“Joo In? She came to the show?” Xiumin asked in disbelief.

“Why are you all shocked? Of course she will come to support her husband.” –Suho

“Where is she now?” –Kai

“She left. She probably has her class again. I didn’t have the time t o say goodbye to her.” – Manager Hyung

“Aniyo, she is free today.”  Luhan objects.

The boys looked at them wiggling their eyebrows at his answer.

“I-I- happen to see her class schedule today,” he defended, blushing at their looks.