Chapter II

With Her

“Boys! Why don’t you introduce yourselves?” their manager clapped his hand, as if waking them up. All of them got startled.

Suho cleared his throat and started first, “Anyong haseyo, I am Kim Joon Myeon.”

The rest soon followed, the last one is the maknae, “I am the maknae, Oh Se Hun.”

The couple smiled at all of them, while their daughter just had her head bowed down.

“Well, I am Mister Han Sung Hyun and this is my wife Han Min Ah,” the man introduced themselves.

“And your daughter?” their manager asked. Mrs. Han smiled touching her daughter’s shoulder.

“My dear, why don’t you introduce yourself to Luhan, your fiancé.” Mrs. Han gestured over Luhan.

“Bwo?” Luhan gasped.

Every one of them looked at Luhan, then to the girl.

“Yes, it is you, Luhan. Aren’t you surprised?” Their manager smiled. “You can confirm it later to your parents,” he added.

“Why don’t we hear first her name?” Suho smiled at Luhan.

Luhan sighed in defeat. ‘Just how did it end up as me?’ he thought.

“Baby, come on, introduce yourself,” Mr. Han coaxed his daughter.

“Just tell them my name Dad,” she softly replied.

“Dear, we have already talked about this. Remember what you promised,” Mrs. Han cupped her face.

“Ok,” she replied.

“Just by hearing her speak makes me want to sleep. Her voice is too soft,” Chanyeol whispered over Sehun.

Their manager eyed them making them stop.

She stood and looked at them, finally locking his eyes on Luhan.

“Hi, I am Han Joo In. I am pleased to meet you,” she paused, “all,” she finished.

The boys gave a laugh as she sits.

“Pardon our daughter. She just came back from abroad. She is still learning Korean,” Mr. Han apologized.

“Han son-saeng-nim, your daughter is beautiful,” Baekhyun smiled at them.

“Yeah, Luhan hyung is so lucky,” Kai joined in.

“Why don’t we let them sit together?” Xiumin suggested.

Everyone agreed, as they teased Luhan.

“Come here Luhan, let’s exchange seat. Joo In-na can have this vacant seat beside mine.” Their manager stood up.

Sighing in defeat again and being the one of the oldest, he smiled and went over the head of the table.

“Joo In-na, go on and take the seat beside him,” Suho coaxed her.

Joo In shook her head. “Thanks, but no. I’m fine in here,” she replied.

“Joo In, go on. Don’t be hard headed,” Mrs. Han warned over her.

“But Mom,” she protested.

Mrs. Han looked at her. She bowed her head in defeat.

“Don’t be shy, Joo In. Things like this always happens during the first meeting,” their manager smiled at her.

She stood up and slowly took the seat beside Luhan.

“Aren’t they cute together? They even have the same eyes!” Chanyeol chirped clapping his hand.

There was a buzz on the others, agreeing at Chanyeol’s comment.

Sooner, they are all engaged in a conversation over the served lunch. Joo In’s parents were very accommodating on the boys’ questions. They would answer them, even making them laugh.

Luhan, on the other hand, tries to engage Joo In in a conversation.

He clears his throat, “Joo In-na, are you still studying?”

She nods, lowering her gaze on her plate.

“What are you taking up?” he asked again

“Arts,” she softly replied.

“You’re probably good at drawing,” he smiled trying to look at her, but she even bowed her head down.

“Hyung, why don’t give her some of the food over here?” Lay pointed over the other dishes on the other end of the table. Luhan smiled and stood up to reach for it. He placed enough serving on his plate. “Would you want some?” he asked her. She shook her head.

Throughout the meal, she would just nod or shake her head whenever he asks her; or would answer short phrases on his questions.

Luhan anticipates her to ask him about himself, but even after they finished she didn’t bother to ask even his complete name.

“Uhm, Han sa-mo-nim, how old is she?” Tao asked.

“That’s a silly question Tao; of course she is your noona!” Baekhyun laughed punching him lightly in the arm.

Everyone laughed at Tao, but Mr. Han cuts them off smiling,” Oh, we forgot to tell you how old our daughter is.”

“See? I bet she is younger than you are Baekhyun hyung,” Tao scoffed at him.

“How old is she actually?” Kris asked.

“She is actually younger than Sehun,” Mr. Han replied, “She was born on the 5th of October the same year with Kai and Sehun,” he added.

(O_O) > EXO

(¬­_¬) > Joo In

“Woah! I really thought she is older than us, just the same age range with Luhan and Xiumin hyung,” Sehun exclaimed shaking his head.

“We’ve got ourselves a baby sister then,” Suho added.

“Now that lunch is over, shall we proceed with the unit for the two?” their manager asked.

“WHAT???” Luhan exclaimed.

“UNIT FOR TWO??” the other exclaimed.