Chapter XXV

With Her

“Joo In-na! I’m home!” Luhan called over at the doorway. He joined her on the couch.

“You’re early,” she looked at him.

“Yes, because we are going to prepare our things,” Luhan pinched her cheeks.

“Ouch! Prepare for what?” she asked rubbing her reddening cheeks.

“Exo M will be doing promotions in China, and being my wife you will come with us for moral support.”

“Really??” she exclaimed and started jumping with joy.

“We will be staying there for a week, so pack up enough things,” Luhan smiled at her.

“One week? But I have my classes, I might just stay for 2 days only,” her smile faded.

“But I can’t leave you alone here either.”

“And I can’t just leave my studies either.

Both sighed in defeat.

“I’ll just come with you and spend two days there but I’ll have to go back. I’ll ask Sehunnie oppa to stay with me in here. He can stay at the guest room,” Joo In said looking at her husband.

“Are you sure you will be fine?” he asked.

“Of course, and you will be just spending five days there, so by the end of the week you will still return right?”

Luhan smiled at his wife, “Ne, I will be back for my baby Joo In-na,” he squished her face.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Hyung, take care of yourselves there, especially Joo In-na,” Chanyeol tapped Luhan as they start to move to queue.

“And look after her when she returns, especially you Sehun. Don’t make her cry or anything, arasseo?” Luhan looked at Sehun.

“Arasseo hyung. Don’t worry I will take care of her for you,” Sehun smiled as they started to move.

 

The flight made her dizzy that when they arrived in China, she had to throw up.

“Are you sure you are okay? Don’t you want us to go and get you checked up?” Luhan reached to cup her face.

“Aniyo, I’m fine. I’m just confused how did the flight made me dizzy when I am used in traveling,” she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Ok love birds, time to be a little discreet. There might be some people already capturing your private moments in their phone or camera. We need to hurry up,” Their manager smiled at the two.

“I’ll borrow your wife for a while so as not to arouse suspicion among the crowd,” their manager smiled pulling Joo In with him.

When they arrived at the hotel, the couple took a separate room. ‘Privacy’ according to Tao.

“Joo In-na, would you want to visit the ancestral house?” Luhan asked as Joo In helps him unpack his things.

“Your ancestral house? Sure! It’s been a while since I had been there,” Joo In smiled.

“I love it when you smile with such glee,” he remarked making her blush.

“So when are we going in there?” she asked avoiding the subject.

“Tomorrow. We don’t have the schedule yet, so we will be free,” he replied.

Joo In nodded and continued helping him. 

They had dinner with the other member and the manager as the hotel’s restaurant before they retired to their quarters.

 

The very next day, Luhan and Joo In left earlier to spend more time at the ancestral house.

“Oppa, your house is so big! It’s twice as big as ours in Korea,” Joo In exclaimed as they arrived at Luhan’s ancestral house.

An old lady met them by the door and talked to Luhan as Joo In marvels at the grand house standing in front of them.

“Joo In, this is the caretaker of the house,” Luhan introduced her on the old lady. She bowed her head as the old lady smiled, “No need to worry about communication, I can totally understand you,” she assured Joo In.

They started the tour as he introduced her to the various parts of the house. They even visited Luhan’s old room and the library. Joo In was amazed by the architectures, the paintings, the displays and other fancy decorations.

“Oppa, do you use this house every gathering?” she asked as they took a rest on the veranda.

“On certain gatherings only,” he replied, “We will take a look at the garden at the backyard after lunch ok?” he added looking at her.

“Sure! Are we staying here for the night?” she asked.

“Nope, we will leave at dusk.”

“I thought we will stay here. I want to experience sleeping here,” she pouted.

“Maybe next time, if we return here, we will spend an entire week in here,” he replied.

 

After a hearty lunch, they took a rest on the swing at the backyard. There are few children playing around.

“Oppa, who are they?” she asked looking at the playing children.

“They are our neighbors. We allow the children to play in here so long that they don’t get inside the house,” he explained.

One of the children, a liitle boy approached Luhan and whispered something that made him laugh. Then they talked in Chinese making her feel out of place. When the child left, she asked him about what the child had whispered at him.

“It’s nothing important,” he smiled.

“Then why would you be laughing if it’s not important?”

“Trust me, it’s nothing.”

Just then, the little boy came back holding a red rose, handing it to her. Then he pointed at Luhan who is smiling.

“You asked him to get a rose for me?” she asked.

“Nope, he asked me if he could give you a rose which grows at their backyard,” he replied.

“Then why are you laughing a while ago?”

“Because when I asked him why, he said he only give roses to beautiful ladies,” then he started laughing again.

“What’s so funny about that? Are you saying that I am ugly?” she frowned.

“Aniyo! It’s just that … “ he started laughing again.

She suddenly stood and left him on the swing, stomping her feet.

He immediately ran to catch up with her, “Joo In-na, I’m just kidding,” he tried to explain.

“Kidding like that? Then why are you laughing?” she sniffed, tears forming in her eyes.

She wiped her eyes as he pulled her closer, “I laughed because at such young age, he already knows how a beautiful lady should look like. Sadly, that girl is married to a handsome guy,” he smiled cupping her face.

“Really?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“So who is that girl and that guy?” she asked again.

“The beautiful girl is named Joo In while the handsome guy is named Luhan,” he smiled caressing her face.

“Trying to boost your ego?” she chuckled hugging him.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

The next day, they just lounged at their room doing a movie marathon. They did a rush shopping for the K members which Joo In will be carrying on her way back the other day.

When her flight came, she bid their manager goodbye. Luhan was not able to send her because of their scheduled show, but assured her that he will call after the show provided that she must have landed back in Korea.

It was the Exo K members who fetched her at the airport. On their way back to the condominium, she distributed the stuffs they bought for them.

“Joo In-na, did you really visited hyung’s ancestral house?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Ne, it was actually twice as our own. There are plenty of rooms and there’s also a backyard full of fruit trees. There is a swing also and the veranda is so … “ she continued narrating every bit of detail about what had happened in their visit at the ancestral house while eating marshmallows with bubble tea.

“Do we really need to know every detail of their visit?” Chanyeol whispered over Baekhyun.

“I don’t know. I didn’t know that she could be this talkative,” Baekhyun whispered back.

Even after they had gone back, all the way to their units, she keeps on talking about her two days visit in China. She even asked Sehun to accompany her to the cafeteria to buy more marshmallows and another order of bubble tea.

“I’ll come to you afterwards, I’ll just get my things,” Sehun smiled at Joo In who nodded in return as she enters her unit.

“Sehun, isn’t she getting more talkative? And since when did she like marshmallows?” Kai asked as Sehun starts packing some of his clothes.

“Yeah, and she had already two servings of bubble tea on our way here and there she goes buying more marshmallows and another serve of bubble tea,” Suho added.

“Why are you telling me those things? Am I her husband?” Sehun looked at them.

“Arasseo, just don’t make her cry or anything or hyung will really get mad at you. Follow whatever she asks you to do okay? Remember, she is a girl and she is Luhan’s wife, got it?” Suho tapped his shoulder.

“I got it all. Don’t worry,” he assured them and left to stay at Joo In’s.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Sehunnie, try to smile at least. You look so haggard. What have you been doing at their place?” Chanyeol asked as the wait outside the condominium. The Exo M members are going back today just as promised. They are expected by around 7 in the evening.

Joo In had been talking endlessly with Kyungsoo about random things while Sehun leans on the parked car, closing his eyes every chance he gets.

“You don’t have any idea,” he whispered stifling a yawn.

“Sehunnie oppa! I’m so excited! Luhan oppa will arrive today!” Joo In squealed startling Sehun.

“Huh? Ah, ne, he will arrive today,” he replied trying to blink away the sleepiness.

Joo In hugged his arm and starts rambling again about her husband and all sorts.

Sehun tried to keep up with her, nodding at things he thought he should nod to.

“Oh, there they are!” Suho pointed at the approaching van.

Joo In suddenly jumped with glee almost resembling a crazy fan girl, tugging along the sleepy Sehun.

Just as they had parked the van, her phone rang so she answered it leaving the other member.

 

“Ah! It’s nice to be back!” Chen was the first to get down as the others soon followed.

The boys got noisy as they greet each other.

“Sehun, why do you look so haggard?” Kris asked upon noticing Sehun.

“Hyung, Joo In kept me awake all night for straight two days. She would ask me to buy her marshmallows and bubble tea in the middle of the night. Often times, after I buy, she would ask me to join her as she happily eats those marshmallows. I really had a hard time looking for a shop every night that’s open at midnight for her bubble tea. What’s wrong with your wife hyung?” Sehun looked at Luhan.

“She’s not like that before she came back in here,” he defended.

“One thing more, she’s so moody. One time she would be all happy, and then all of the sudden she would just get hot tempered then changes to being a cry baby. I really don’t get her. Add her being talkative too. She would talk about all the random things she can think of,” Sehun added and yawned.

“Where is she?” Luhan asked.

“She’s just here with us a while ago,” Chanyeol looked around.

“There she is,” Baekhyun pointed at Joo In getting into the elevator.

“Talk about being moody. A while ago, she’s so excited seeing her husband but now she acts like she doesn’t care anymore. Seriously hyung, you should have her checked,” Kai tapped Luhan’s shoulder as the others started to get inside the building.

“For whom is that panda bear?” Suho asked pointing to the bear Luhan is holding.

“I bought this for her so she can pair it up on the one her cousin gave her,” he replied.

 

After bidding the others good night he slowly walked inside their unit.

“Joo In-na,” he softly called her name.

He put down his bag on the couch holding the panda bear and checked her room but it was empty.

Just then, the wind blew from the balcony. He smiled when he saw her silhouette on the rocking chair.

“Joo In-na,” he called her again after joining her at the balcony.

She had her earphones plugged on her ears, so he slowly took it off, finally facing her.

“Are you mad at me?” he asked. She bowed her head.

“You didn’t even give me my hug,” he lifted her chin up.

She pouted, “You had enough from them, you don’t need mine,” and she sniffed.

“You’re really getting moody. You probably missed me that much huh?” he smiled sweetly at her.

“I’ve got you a female panda bear so that the one Drew gave you won’t be lonely,” he handed her the big panda bear.

Her face brightened up as she jumped to give him a hug.

“I’m back so no need to cry ok?” he hugged back and felt her nod.