Chapter IX

With Her

After the flight, they arrived safely in China without attracting much attention. Luhan’s parents came to fetch them at the airport. They rented a mini bus to pick them up for the fear of experiencing the same fate at the Incheon airport. They were all so excited to tell Luhan’s parents about what had happened in the airport.

Chen and Tao kept on narrating the tale making those expressions as Luhan’s parents kept on looking at the sleeping couple.

“They must be really tired,” Luhan’s Mom sighed.

This time, it was Luhan who’s leaning on to Joo In.

“They have been like that after their wedding ceremony. They had been sleeping through the way from Joo In’s residence up to the airport and even during the flight. They must have been awake all night during their wedding night,” their manager smiled at his parents.

No one actually knows that what made them up all night is the fact that the second wedding ceremony will bind their families tighter which would make it hard to break it off. Joo In kept on sobbing that night, while Luhan would try to comfort her

 

They were dropped off at a hotel were the ceremony will be held. This time, the wedding will be a modified Chinese one. That night, the couple’s mothers knocked at their hotel room.

Luhan opened the door,” Mother?” he looked at the two, confused on whom he should address.

“We would like to borrow your wife tonight,” his mother smiled.

“And inform you too that she wouldn’t be sleeping with you, tonight,” Joo In’s mother added.

“O-Okay, I’ll just call her,” he turned around leaving the door open for them.

Just then, Joo In walked to them as the two mothers waved goodbye to Luhan.

 

The plan of the two women is to take her on a spa.

“We are here to relax you, so that you will look more beautiful tomorrow on your wedding day,” Luhan’s mother said as she gestures on one of the employees to take care of Joo In as they tend to themselves.

It was around 11 in the evening when they went home. They even picked up Joo In’s red gown, a traditional color most Chinese prefers.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

8:00 AM, Social hall

 

Although early, the selected guests from Luhan’s side start to arrive. Both the groom and the bride’s parents were outside the door to welcome the guests. Some staff from the SM entertainment company was there also to witness the wedding.

The boys arrived shortly in a parade as they were all wearing black suit.

“Thank you for being here. My son really needs your presence,” Luhan’s mother greeted them at the door.

The boys bowed back in respect before getting inside.

“I’ll go and get Luhan. Tell them that the ceremony will start,” Luhan’s father told his wife.

 

The emcee opened the ceremony welcoming the guests. They started from mentioning some of the important guests. When the signal was given, they introduced the groom who came in wearing a formal white wedding suit. He is even wearing gloves making him look so formal. He walked down the aisle smiling at the guests. Then he stopped on the left side of the priest.

 

“Everyone, let’s all stand up and welcome the bride,” the emcee gestured over the door.

Two men in black opened the door simultaneously, creating a dramatic effect.

Joo In stood there, wearing the most glamorous yet simple red gown, with a red veil over her head. Together with her is her Dad. Everyone clapped their hands as they started her entourage.

Luhan is feeling uneasy on his place as the bride got nearer. Joo In’s head is bowed down again, and looks like she is crying.

The background music on her entourage was the instrumental of the Exo’s track Angel.

 

When the bride got to the aisle, Mr. Han handed his daughter’s hand over Luhan.

“Please take care of her,” he said over Luhan who gave a nod.

Together, they faced the priest who started the ceremony.

“We are gathered here to witness the union of two souls….” And the wedding proceeds on.

For the exchange of vows and ring, the two decided to make their own version but they got emotional again. Luhan started first.

“Joo In, take this ring as a sign of my eternal love for you. Together with this is my promise of giving you what I could offer as your husband. There may be times that we wouldn’t agree on some things but as long as you have this,” Luhan bowed his head, blinking back tears. “I wouldn’t leave you hanging, nor broken. I love you,” and he slipped the ring on her finger. Joo In reached over his face to wipe his tears, “Do we really have to cry every time we exchange vows?” she whispered. He let out a chuckle, “I think so.”

Joo In then reached for his hand, “Oppa, take this ring as a sign of my eternal love for you. I am imperfect like everyone, but rest assured that I will try my best to be the best wife for you. I maybe moody at times, clumsy, or stubborn but in the end, I would always look for your presence for we are one now. I am you and you are me, I love you too,” she slipped the ring on his finger not minding the tears falling from her eyes.

 

“By the power vested upon me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest smiled at them. Joo In’s head is still bowed then when Luhan lifted off the veil. Her tears came falling again as he reaches for her chin to lift her face. He smiled and wiped the spilled tears from her face. Slowly, he closed the distance and let his lips touch hers for a brief moment.

 

After the kiss, both of them faced the crowd and gave a bow. The guests erupt into a thunderous applause. Their parents rushed to their sides hushing the emotional couple. “Are you really that touched by the two wedding ceremony?” Mrs. Han joked as she wipes Joo In’s tears. Joo In gave a smile and hugged her mother.

 

The banquet followed which includes the slicing of the cake, the throwing of the flower and the guest’s message over the new couple.

 

By the end of the day, the newlywed retired to their quarter earlier. Luhan lay down at bed letting out a loud sigh as Joo In walked over the balcony to watch the place’s city lights during the night. The wedding took almost a day.

“Aren’t you tired?” Luhan asked pulling himself up, looking at Joo In.

“I am,” she answered.

“Why don’t you go and shower so you can sleep early?”

“I still don’t feel like it.”

Luhan walked over and stood beside her.

“I made a promise right?” she asked him.

“Promise of what?” he replied, confused.

“Never mind, I’ll go and shower,” she smiled and left him standing there.