Chapter XXII

With Her

Joo In tried so reach once again inside her bag for their unit key. But, like all her attempts, she failed even after emptying the contents. “I guess I have to drop by at the entertainment company,” she whispered collecting her things again.

Feeling the weather, she decided to just walk since it’s not that far and there seems to be traffic way ahead so she might as well do a little walking exercise.

As she was slowly paving her way, the rain suddenly poured down that made her scramble for a shade. She ran to look for one but she can’t find a single shed. She tried her might to run and avoid getting wet but the cold rain soon drenched her wet that when she stooped on a shade, it’s already the front entrance of the entertainment.

She reached for her phone and dialed Luhan’s number but he won’t pick up.

‘Stupid Joo In! Of course he is in a show so how can he pick up?’ she thought and dialed their manager instead.

“Yes? Who is this?” their manager asked.

“Oppa, this is Joo In. Where’s Luhan oppa?”

“Oh, Joo In-na! Well you’re husband is currently on a show so you can’t talk to her. Would you want me to tell him instead that you called so he can call you after the show?”

“Aniyo! I just want the spare key for our unit. I left mine inside and I can’t go home.”

“Where are you?” their manager asked.

“I’m downstairs at the main entrance.” Then the call was ended.

When she looked at her phone, it’s already dead. Then she shivered feeling the cold wind blow on her drenched body. Some people are giving her weird looks, probably because she is wet and that she looks stupid by just standing there and doing nothing. She tried to turn on her phone but it won’t which frustrated her.

 

“Joo In-na!” she turns to see their manager getting to her. He handed her a jacket, “Come in! My God! You’re soaking! You must get changed or you will catch a cold! Come and follow me,” he pulled her inside. The warmth inside the building calmed her for a bit. They took the elevator and soon led her to one of the dressing rooms perhaps which has a sign board ‘EXO’ on the door.

“Ladies! I want you to please change her, find some clothes for her. I don’t want this pretty young lady getting sick. Do tend to her,” he announced among the women who are arranging the things of the boys.

She spotted her husband’s bag on a corner.

“Oppa, is she your new talent?” one of them asked.

“She is my son’s girlfriend, so you better change her so I can surprise my son,” he turns to Joo In, “Joo In-na, stay with them for a while. I have to check on the boys, ok?” then he left her standing by the door.

One of the ladies approached her, removing the already wet jacket and replaced it with a towel.

“Come, you need to shower first while we look for a dress for you,” she led her to the bathroom.

She provided her some personal hygiene materials like soap, shampoo and a new toothbrush.

“We always have some spare toothbrush, in case one of the boys forgot to bring theirs.” She slowly opened the door for her, “Don’t be scared. Go on, you might actually develop a cold.”

 

After a ten minute shower, she peeped at the door and saw the same lady who tended to her earlier.

“You’re done? Here, change into these. I already have supplied you with a new set of underwear, and it is also new so don’t be bothered,” she smiled giving her the clothes.

When she’s done, she was still hesitant to go out.

“No one’s around. The others have left because their shifts are over. Besides, the boys will soon leave after the show so you can join your husband way home,” she smiled again.

“You know I am married?” she asked in disbelief.

“I was with the staff during your wedding with Luhan in China, call me Sung Ha Unnie.”

“Thank you Unnie.” Joo In bowed her head.

She even provided her a pair of room slippers as they proceed on the dresser. She is wearing one of the shirts within a jacket which the boys used in their promotions for their song ‘Wolf’. She paired it up with black leggings reaching just below her knees and a pair of white shorts. 

Sungha then dried her hair while talking to her.

“You know what? I have always been dreaming of having a little sister.” –Sungha

“Don’t you have one?” –Joo In

“I am actually the youngest and unfortunately not yet married,” she smiled at her on the mirror.

 

After drying her hair, she then styled it on a more fashionable way making her look like an artist.

“Next, we’ll apply some make-up,” Sungha reached for her make-up kit.

“Aniyo Unnie, I don’t wear make-up,” Joo in refused.

“It’ll be just for now, please?” Sungha pouted at her through the mirror.

Finding it hard to refuse she gave a hesitant nod.

Sungha smiled and started working on her face.

 

When she was done, she smiled at her, “You can open your eyes now.”

Joo In gasped, “Unnie, you really are good in make-up!”

“And you look great with make-up.”

She grabbed her phone and took pictures with her as a memento before she retires on a sofa to wait for her husband.

“Is this camera yours?” Sungha picked up the camera.

“Ne, I use that for my photography class,” she replied resuming on scanning her wet notes.

Little did she know, Sungha had been taking pictures of her in every possible angle.

“Joo In-na,” she called her.

Joo In turned around in time for her to capture her face.

“This one is the best,” Sungha smiled at the picture.

“Unnie!” Joo In frowned just as the boys came in.

 

“Oh, Noona I didn’t know we had a visitor,” Suho stopped by the doorway making them crowd over there.

“Visitor?” Chen looked over as Joo In turned to look at them, “Aniyo! That’s Joo In-na!” then he went past them straight to his things.

“JOO IN-NA????” the rest exclaimed.

“You didn’t recognize her?” Sungha smiled at the boys, “Why don’t you take a picture with her?” she positioned the camera to them.

They all rushed in to sit beside the surprised Joo In.

“One, two, say cheese!”

*click* … *flash*

“One more!” they demanded and it all ends up to a photo shoot. It varied from pairing up with Joo In as if they are on a real shoot.

“Why don’t we use the spare studio next door?” Chanyeol suggested as everyone agreed.

“Noona, you’ll be our photographer,” Baekhyun smiled at Sungha.

“Arasseo,” she replied and followed her.

 

They helped each other in setting up the studio. Joo In just stood beside Sungha watching the boys.

“Joo in-na, how did you end up in here?” Luhan asked standing beside his wife.

“I forgot to bring my key. I really planned on dropping by but then I was caught in the rain. I even forgot my umbrella.” She explained.

“She came here drenched, your manager asked us to help her but since the shift of the other coordi has ended I tend to her alone,” Sungha added.

“That would explain why she is wearing Suho’s jacket,” Luhan chuckled.

“Eh? This is Suho oppa’s jacket?” she pointed to the jacket.

“I always mixed up their clothes, mianhe Joo In-na,” Sungha smiled at her.

 

“It’s ready! We’ll do it now! First we’ll have the M members then the K members. After that we’ll have pair ups with Joo In. the first pair will be Suho and Chen, followed by Chanyeol and Kris, Kai and Kyungsoo, Lay and Xiumin, Tao and Baekhyun then lastly Luhan and Sehun, will that be okay?” Sungha relayed.

“Alright! Let’s do it!” Chanyeol cheered.

Soon enough they are already posing like models while Joo In finds it hard to get into the flow being a first timer. Luckily, Sungha helps her in reaching the level of confidence the boys have in photo shooting.

 

“Ok! That’s all! I’m tired already and the pictures should have been enough. It’s late already, let’s pack up!” Sungha handed the camera on Joo In and helped the boys in getting the studio back into order. After that, they all went back to the dressing room where a paper bag with Joo In’s dry clothes is.

“I asked a friend to wash and dry it, you can change now if you want,” Sungha handed her the paper bag.

“She can just wear that, beside we are heading home already,” Luhan grabbed the paper bag instead. He even carried Joo In’s hand bag.

“Getting serious on the husband role huh?” Sungha teased Luhan as they all went out to go home.

 

Inside the van, Joo In together with Tao and Chen are busy scrolling her camera looking at their pictures.

“Joo In-na, you should apply as a model. You fit to be one,” Tao commented.

“He’s right! Look at all your pictures, even though you are an amateur you look great in almost all angle,” Chen added pointing into one of the pictures.

“It’s enough already that one of us is a public figure,” she smiled at the two, “And thank you for these pictures and the experience,” she added.

“Let’s do it again if you have some spare time,” Lay joined their conversation.

“Yeah, it’s fun actually if there’s only us and Joo In with Sungha Noona,” Xiumin looked at them.

“If our manager asks me to do another photo shoot, I’ll ask him to pair me up with Joo In-na,” Kris smiled at Joo In, “I mean look at our pictures there, we have that certain chemistry,” he eyed Luhan.

But Luhan is fast asleep. They are even stuck on traffic, lengthening the time they can check over the pictures.

“But the best pair up is Joo In and Kai. The bad boy attitude from Kai and that naïve aura that Joo In exude makes it a perfect combination. You are way too formal hyung,” Lay objects.

They borrowed Joo In’s camera and starts debating on who is the best guy to be paired with Joo In.

When the car starts to move, they all turned to see Joo In clinging into Luhan’s arm as both were fast asleep.

“Let me take a picture of them,” Tao volunteered. They all argued on which angle it should be taken but it end on capturing every angle possible.