Chapter XXVIII

With Her

Joo In pulled her winter coat to herself as she paves her way back to their building. It had been snowing for days already and the spirit of Christmas is felt almost everywhere. The boys are left to spend the Christmas in their unit since there are more pending shows they have to attend to.

Suddenly, her phone rang, “Hello?” she stopped on her tracks.

“Joo In-na, are you heading home already?” Kyungsoo asked from the other line.

“I am already at the entrance, why?” she asked.

Then she heard the boys rambling behind Kyungsoo, “Wait for me in there. I want you to join me for groceries. It’s already dusk and I know a place where no one will notice me,” then he hanged up.

Joo In waited for him while rolling up snowballs.

“Joo In-na!”

She involuntarily threw the snowball at Kyungsoo. “Thanks for the greetings,” Kyungsoo wiped off the ice from his face. She rushed to wipe it off from his face, “Mianhe! Mianhe oppa!” she apologized.

“It’s okay, let’s just get going. The temperatures decreasing faster,” he said grabbing her hand.

 

While they are busy pulling the groceries according to the list, Kyungsoo asked her.

“Joo In-na, are you really going to continue your plan on your letter months ago about breaking the marriage?”

Joo In smiled, “Why do you ask?”

“I am just curious. I mean it’s already about to get past two months so it only means that you will not break the marriage, right?” he asked pulling some carton of milk.

“Maybe yes, maybe no,” she replied pushing the cart ahead to the fruit and vegetable stand.

“So you are not breaking ties with hyung?” he asked again.

Instead of replying, she just smiled at Kyungsoo warmly pulling a bag of carrots.

 

After shopping, Kyungsoo bought her a pack of marshmallows.

“Thank you oppa,” she replied receiving the marshmallows. They went back home and proceeded to the couple’s unit.

“Isn’t this supposed to be at your unit?” she asked as Kyungsoo opens the door. The sound of the boys laughing at the living room welcomed them. When they got inside, they are already decorating the unit with Christmas decors.

“Joo In-na! Look at the Christmas tree we made! We replaced the tinker balls with our pictures!” Chanyeol exclaimed pulling Joo In to the tree. Luhan is atop a chair doing the décor up the tree. The others are either busy doing the wall decorations or wrapping up some gifts. Lay, Kyungsoo and Kai were at the kitchen preparing for the feast later that night.

 

“Joo In-na, have you got the boys gifts?” Luhan asked as he gets down the chair.

“Ne, I have it in my room. Should I go and put it under the tree?” she replied.

“Yeah, I’ll have mine too under it,” he smiled reaching to give her a kiss.

“Might as well get a wife too,” Tao teased the two as he sulks among the gifts.

“We’ll open the gifts tomorrow. Too bad we just had to decorate today and even had a last minute shopping for gifts,” Kris said arranging the gifts.

 

They had a very happy feast later. Joo In made some cookies the day before so after the meal, they decided to watch some movies before getting to sleep. The boys decided to spend the night at the couple’s unit since it will be so lonesome if they will sleep at their unit according to Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo, Chen, Suho, Xiumin and Baekhyun had Joo In’s room while Tao, Chanyeol, Kris, Sehun, Kai and Lay slept on the guest room. Joo In had no choice but to join her husband on his bedroom.

“Joo In-na,” Luhan turned at her on the bed.

“Ne?” she asked looking up at the ceiling.

“Have you ever thought of having children?” he asked.

She was surprised by the question making her turn her head. “Why suddenly ask?” she asked.

“Don’t give me that malicious look. I am just wondering if it ever crossed your mind,” he frowned.

“Not yet, but since you asked probably I might say yes,” she replied.

“Really? How many would you want?” he eagerly asked.

She gave him a doubtful look.

“Oh come on! It’s a normal topic for married people,” he pouted.

“I only want two, if heaven abides, I want a twin, a boy and a girl,” she replied smiling at him.

“You only want two?” he asked.

“Yup, and what’s with the frown?” she looked at him.

“Aish, I want three,” he mumbled.

“Say what?”

“Never mind,” he pulled her in a hug, “I think I’ll have to agree with what you want since you’re the one who’s going to get pregnant not me,” he whispered over her ears. She pushed him, “Yah! What do you think are you doing?” she asked.

“Shall we start making a twin?” he wiggled his eyebrow at her, moving closer to her.

“Oppa! What’s wrong with you?” she pushed him harder making him fall off the bed but he caught her hand pulling her too. She fell atop of him, both laughing.

He held her tightly afterwards, “I love you Joo In,” he whispered.

“I love you too,” she whispered back.

They got up and returned to bed, “What would you name the kids?” she asked.

“I haven’t thought of any yet, probably I will name the boy after you and the girl after me,” he smiled.

“That’s not fair! I’ll have the girl be named after me while the boy after you,” she frowned.

“Arasseo, noona,” then he laughed.

Joo In frowned at her laughing husband but she felt uneasy deep inside because of the topic they had just discussed about.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“Good Morning Sunshine!” Tao barged inside Luhan’s room only to find the couple sleeping, cuddling each other.

“OMO!” he gasped pointing to the two.

The others peeked inside, causing the couple to stir at the commotion.

“Are you two working on making little Joo In and little Luhan?” Tao asked leaning by the doorway.

Luhan smiled pulling Joo In closer, “Why are you so early?”

“We are all excited to open up presents!” Chanyeol exclaimed outside.

Just then, Joo In got up her hand on and rushed on the bathroom.

“What’s with her?” Kris pushed aside Tao.

Luhan pulled himself up and moved to get near the door, “Joo In-na, are you okay?” he knocked by the door.

They heard muffled sounds together with the rushing water. Then the door got opened.

“I’m fine. I just had an upset stomach from the feast last night,” she smiled.

Everyone looked at her, “I’m fine, really,” she smiled.

 

As they are moving to the living room, Suho gave her an observing look. “Joo In-na, you got a bit plump,” he said.

“Eh?” Joo In looked at Suho.

“Really, you look a bit plump than before.” Suho replied.

“It probably is because she had been eating non-stop these past weeks. Then she had this marshmallow plus bubble tea craze. Tell me Joo In-na, are you hiding something?” Sehun looked at her.

Xiumin casts a look as Joo In tries to smile off the question. “Aniyo! I haven’t been controlling my diet these past weeks,” she replied. “Shall we open the presents?” she knelt down the tree.

Everyone gathered up around the tree and the presents were soon distributed.

 

The last gifts were from the boys for the couple. Suho picked up the large pink box, “This is a gift from the Exo K members. We thought of buying a gift for the two of you while doing a last minute shopping.”

Kris picked up the large blue box, “And this is from the Exo M members,” he said as they handed the two box on the couple.

Luhan received the blue one while Joo In received the pink one. The couple exchanged looks and started unwrapping the gifts.

“You really bought these?” Luhan asked while inspecting the contents of the box.

“WOW! These are all so cute! Thank you!” Joo In marveled at the presents.

The presents were actually baby clothes. The blue box is for a male baby while the pink one is for a female baby.

“Do you like them?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ne! They are all so cute!” she smiled.

“You look so excited about having a baby to dress up, are you teasing Luhan hyung last night about making a twin?” Kai wiggled his eyebrow at the couple.

Joo In blushed as Luhan smiled at them, “She’s being picky actually. She won’t allow me,” he said.

“Yah!” she punched her husband in the arm.

The boys laughed as they started teasing the two.

 

Later that morning, Joo In decided to have a walk outside since the boys had to finish a recording. She just asked them to pick her up at the library.

As she was on her way, a guy came up to her handing her a parcel. “Someone wants to give this to you,” then the guy left.

She was left speechless as she looked at the parcel. Seeing a shed from afar, she decided to open the parcel in there.

She sighed upon feeling the cold winter wind blew over her as she unwraps it. The parcel contains pictures of her wedding here in Korea and even in China. There are also stolen pictures of her and her husband. She frantically flips them one by one until a letter appeared. Her eyes widened upon reading the letter. It goes this way:

 

I have more of those. Aren’t they perfectly shot? I must say the angles are lovely especially the couple. It must have been a fortune to have a husband like him that’s why you decided to leave me. Well things won’t turn out right as what you wish it would be. I have one request for you if you don’t want these to be leaked.

Better leave your husband before I reveal all these and even the videos of your sweet vows.

 

Her hands trembled as she tried to comprehend the letter.

‘Who is this? Is this a fan? A killer? But how did he get hold of these pictures?’ she thought. The thought made her drop the pictures in fright. When she saw an approaching guy, he immediately picked all the fallen pictures and left the place, heading back to their apartment.