Chapter XXIII

With Her

Joo In just arrived at the university where she studies when her phone rang.

“Hello?” she picked up the call.

“Yo cousin! Can I stay in your unit?”

A knot formed on her forehead upon hearing a male voice on the other line.

“Oh come on! It’s me! You’re very handsome and charismatic cousin!” the guy said.

“Drew?” she replied.

“The very one! So can I stay at your place? Mom said you have a spare room for guests,” Drew replied.

“What? You mean you are here in Korea? Since when?”

“I just arrived in here a few hours ago, so shall I pick you up at your university? When will you be off?” he asked.

“Like duh! It’s still seven so I’ll be off by four in the afternoon,” she replied sarcastically.

Drew is her cousin who grew up with her in abroad. Although their is five, he favors her so much to the point of spoiling her sometimes.

“Ok, I’ll probably stay at Mom’s while waiting for you. We’ll have a party at your place as a compensation for not inviting me in your wedding.” Then he hung up.

‘That idiot!’ she thought proceeding inside for her class.

 

Time rolled by that it’s already half past three. While she’s fixing her things so she can leave, Drew called her again.

“Why are you so slow? You know I hate waiting!” he complained.

“Who told you to wait? Where are you by the way? I’m already done on my classes,” she replied.

“I’m outside the gate. Your school’s cool! There are lots of pretty ladies here,” he chuckled.

She ended the call and rushed off hastily bidding her classmates goodbye. When she arrived at the gate, there goes her cousin leaning on his car looking at the female students passing by.

Her cousin is one of those average guys that possess such appeal making them quite attractive. His dimples were usually the reason why most girls fall for his charms way back abroad.

“Let’s go,” she pushed him to the driver’s side.

“Woah! Calm down Joo In, there are still girls around,” he said trying to get off from Joo In’s grip.

“No! We will leave now! My husband might be home already.”

“Oh yeah! Your husband! I’m excited to see him!” he cheered as Joo In went into the passenger’s seat.

The ride was quite far since their unit is on one of the secluded condominiums.

 

“So this is where you live huh?” Drew looked at the interior of Joo In’s unit.

“The guest room is on the door next to mine, and don’t you even dare get into my room.” She threatened as both walked to get in.

“I’ll just check your husband’s room then,” he smiled.

“You can try, he always locks it,” she replied going inside her room.

 

After both had changed, they stayed at the couch trying to catch up with each other.

“Your husband is,” he paused while looking at the large wedding picture hanging, “More beautiful that you. I might mistake him as a girl.”

“Yeah, he looks more feminine than me,” she sighed. “So why are you here?” she asked.

“Just trying to loosen up for a bit, and besides it’s quite boring living there without you,” he smiled.

“Come on! Don’t fool me,” she rolled her eyes.

“Isn’t it bad to miss your own baby cousin?” he pinched her face, squishing it.

“I’m home!” Luhan called over by the doorway.

Joo In immediately stood up but Drew pushed her back on the couch and ran to meet Luhan first.

“Who are you?” Luhan asked in surprise while looking at Drew.

“Oppa, he’s my cousin. He’ll be staying in here for a while,” Joo In appeared beside Drew to welcome her husband.

“You’re right Joo In, he is really more feminine looking than you. By the way, I’m Drew,” he reached for a handshake.

Luhan accepted it, “I’m Luhan,” he replied.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

“I’ll be out for a while oppa, would you want something?” Joo In peeped into Luhan’s room to see him on the bed.

“Aniya, just don’t be late,” he looked at her and smiled.

Joo In went inside and gave him a kiss on the forehead, “You look so tired.”

Luhan pulled her down with him, “Stay,” he whispered pulling her closer.

“I have to go, maybe later?” she smiled playfully at him. He took a quick kiss before pulling himself up. “I’ll probably go and shower so I can entertain your cousin,” he said.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

8:30 in the evening

 

Joo In just finished a late night meeting with her group mates for a project. They had been planning for hours since that afternoon and finished just that late. While she’s on her way, she heard laughter reverberating from their unit.

‘Are the boys in here?’ she thought, slowly opening the door. When she got inside, she peeked on the wall and there are the boys laughing out loud with her cousin. There are even bottles at the center table. ‘This guy is really a bad influence!’ she thought frowning at the sight.

“Joo In-na! Come and join us!” Drew saw her and motioned her to come.

“Anyeong!” she greeted smiling at all of them before taking the space between Luhan and Drew.

“Do you know that Joo In can beat me in drinking?” Drew poured himself a shot.

“Really?” the boys exclaimed looking at her.

“Aniyo! He’s just kidding!” she tried to smile at them.

“Don’t spoil the fun Joo In! Have a shot!” Drew handed her a glass.

“Are you sure she will be fine?” Luhan seems hesitant as Joo In reached for the glass.

“Don’t worry, she will be fine,” Drew assured him as Joo In takes her first shot which was soon followed by another till they are all drinking.

“I’ll take care of the mess later on, just have your first night already,” Drew whispered at Joo In.

She barely catches up the whole sentence, just the word ‘mess’ and ‘first’.

 

Sooner, the boys fell one by one leaving Joo In and Drew taking their last shots.

Although her head feels lighter, making it hard for her to see straight, she helped her husband get up to his room.

“Oppa, let’s get you on your room,” she whispered as she assists Luhan who’s already drunk.

They swayed as both tries to keep their balance. Joo In accidentally closed the door with her when they got in.

“Stay with me tonight,” Luhan whispered at her, immediately pinning her on the adjacent wall.

Joo In let out a naughty smile, “Aniya, *hic* were drunk so you *hic* better –“

Luhan cut her off by kissing her, slowly as if trying to silence her and at the same time agree with his proposition.

She tried to protest but her body does the opposite that soon she gave in to his demanding kisses which trailed down her neck.

She pulled him closer as his hand work on its way at her back.

His lips found hers again. He slowly caressed her lower back as she let out a moan.

Just then, he unhooked her bra before he pulled her with him on the bed.

They finally consumed their marriage on his bedroom.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

An arm on her belly woke her up. She let out a groan and reached for the hand.

‘An arm?’ she thought and flipped her eyes open. A pain shot through her head. When she tried to move, she felt sore between her legs.

She then felt warm air from her left side. She turned and gasped to see her husband half .

She checked herself and almost screamed when she saw her body.

Her mind tried to wheel back for her to remember what had transpired last night, but when she tries, a shot of pain attacks her front lobe.

She slowly pulled herself up, covering her body with the bed sheet. She looked around and saw their clothes sprawled everywhere around the room.

‘We really did it?’ she thought looking at her husband’s sleeping figure beside her.

After thinking for a while, she grabbed Luhan’s shirt and puts it on before she picked up her clothes on the floor. Her head is still throbbing but she tried to maintain her balance. She proceeds to the bathroom to put on her clothes before leaving he husband’s shirt on the headboard.

 

When she’s out the room, the sight of the boys crowded on the floor all asleep made her smile. Good thing that they had a mattress to sleep on. She went to her room and took an early shower.

She made a warm cup of coffee and drank it together with a pain reliever.

“You guys are too loud last night,” Drew leaned by the door way looking like he’s not on a hangover.

“How do you manage not to have any hangover after a late night drink?” she asked massaging her temples.

“Length of experience perhaps,” he smiled taking the opposite seat in front of her, “But seriously, you two are loud.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, feigning a look.

“Oh come on! I almost tried to peek at the two of you but the door is locked.”

“Tell me exactly what do you mean?” she looked at him, quite irritated.

“You guys just consumed your marriage last night. You’re husband mentioned that you haven’t done it already so that’s why I suggested the drinking. I did not fail. Maybe right now, you are already a few hours pregnant,” Drew laughed at her.

“Joo In-na, what pregnant does he mean?” Luhan appeared by the door way looking like he’s on pain, still half .

“Nothing, he was just talking about a friend of his who is pregnant. Why didn’t you put any shirt on?” she asked getting near him to help him on the table.

“I’ll just relieve my hangover and probably get back to sleep,” he rubbed his face.

Joo In handed her another pain reliever and shared her mug of coffee. When he’s done, he stood up to go back to his room.

“By the way, did you slept with me last night?” he asked.

“Why?” she replied in surprise.

“You left your hairclip on my bed,” Luhan looked at her.

Drew grinned at her, wiggling his eyebrows.

“Aniyo! I was just the one who helped you get into your room. It must have fell off while I am tucking you in,” she smiled. Luhan nodded and heads back to his room.

“What a kill joy! I would love to see his reaction when you tell him that you spent the night in each other’s arm giving in to pleasure totally consuming your marriage,” Drew sighed.

“That was long,” she commented rolling her eyes. But the thought of having slept with him and consuming their marriage scared her. ‘What if I get pregnant?’ she thought.

‘What will happen if I am really pregnant?’ she looked down at her reflection on the black coffee.