Chapter XXVII

With Her

Joo In kept on checking her phone as Drew drives her to the entertainment. She had seen the live coverage of the press conference that’s why she is dead worried about her husband. She called Luhan but he wasn’t picking up his phone so she contacted Sehun. They told her about the president’s request to see their manager and Luhan.

“Joo In calm down. You’re scaring me,” Drew sighed as they stopped. There’s a slight traffic ahead all the more making her uneasy.

“I need to see him. I must make sure he is fine. How that picture did get leaked? We are so sure that no other person attended the wedding. How did it get leaked?” she bit her lower lip from worry and frustrations.

“Joo In-na, calm down. I’m the one getting worried in here! Remember what the doctor told you? Don’t stress yourself, the baby might get into danger!” he exclaimed finally moving on.

“But how can I calm down if any minute something might happen to my husband?”

“Something might happen? Why? Is he kidnapped? Beaten up? Robbed? Come on Joo In! Have you seen him lying all his way to prevent the danger of revealing about your marriage? So calm down!” Drew exclaimed parking the car.

“Wait for me in here,” Joo In got out of the car and rushed inside the building. She went to where the boys instructed her to go, the President’s office.

 

“How dare you keep the secret from me? Huh? You agreed on getting him married without getting my consent?”

Joo In stopped on her tracks upon hearing those words.

“Did I order you to do things ahead of me? Is that how a manager should be? Is that the job I gave you?” same voice yelled.

Tears started to fill her eyes. ‘Luhan oppa,’ she thought.

“Make sure you get this thing fixed or I will terminate your place as their manager. And Luhan, make sure no more pictures get leaked. If it will be possible, transfer her to a more secluded area where no one will know that she is married to you.”

She heard Luhan speak, “But Mister President, she is still studying, she can’t just leave.”

“Then you should have thought about that before deciding to get married,” the same voice said.

 

Tears streamed down uncontrollably making her breathless. She then heard chairs scraping the floor so she hid away so as to avoid the two going out.

After making sure they are gone, she gathered up the courage to knock on the President’s door.

“Come in!” a stern voice said.

She wiped her tears and bravely got inside.

“Who are you?” the old man seating behind the desk asked her after she closed the door.

She bowed her head, “I am Han Joo In,” she introduced.

“I don’t have any business with someone named Han Joo In, you can leave now,” the old man replied.

“I am the one who insists to talk to you, about the recent leaked picture involving Luhan and Kai,” she started.

“And who exactly are you?” the old man looked at her.

“I am Han Joo In, Luhan oppa’s wife,” she bowed again.

 

“Ah! So you are the one. Do you know what threat you had posed upon the career of the boys?”

“I am sorry,” she whispered.

“You’re sorry will not mend anything. Do you know what might happen if they learn about the marriage? Have you ever thought of the possible consequences about your carelessness? Have you ever thought of the possible issues and threat that might befall the boys and even the company? Have you ever thought of all the years they had to endure to get where they are? Do you even understand their position in the industry? Tell me, how can that sorry of yours fix this mess?” he gave a stern look over the girl.

“I would like to personally approach you about my intention of breaking ties with Luhan, with one condition though,” she looked straight into the old man’s eyes. Later did she realize what she had just said.

‘What the- ‘ she thought but she can’t back away now, ‘Might as well get on it.’

“Let’s hear it,” he crossed his arms returning the look.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Xiumin slowly paved his way to the President’s office to catch up with Luhan and their manager. As he moves on, something about the opened door of the President’s office worried him. The closer he gets the more audible the sound of sobs gets clear.

When he finally stood at the door, he was surprised to see Joo In kneeling on the floor, sobbing.

He immediately ran to her side, “Joo In-na, what are you doing here? Why are you kneeling? Where is the President?” he asked trying to lift her face.

Joo In hugged him, “Oppa, what will I do?” and starts sobbing again.

He was taken aback from the sudden reaction but later tried to comfort her.

“Don’t cry everything will soon turn out right. Why are you here by the way?” he parted.

She didn’t respond, just sobbed.

“Would you want to talk somewhere private?” he asked in which she agreed upon. “Just follow me, others might bring about another issue, will it be okay?” he asked again. She nodded in response.

 

Xiumin led her to their practice room that was empty at that time. She sat on the sofa, still dazed from what she had heard.

“So how did you end up in there? Is it about the live press conference?” he asked sitting opposite her.

“Yeah. I’m worried about Oppa,” she whispered.

“You really don’t have to worry about him or us, those issues will eventually die. There might be another reason why are you on the floor crying when I saw you,” he looked at her.

“Actually I heard the President talking to your manager and Luhan oppa.” she started.

“So what have you heard?”

“That if they don’t fix the leaked pictures, your manager might lose his job and oppa might get kicked out of the group. Those will all be because of me, and I don’t want those years he trained himself get wasted just because of our marriage.”

Xiumin sighed, “Joo In-na, those are just issues and it’s not new for us. All artists are expected to experience getting involved into issues. You don’t have to worry.”

“I am in a dilemma too,” she said.

“Dilemma?” he asked.

“I had just been granted a scholarship, the one that I have been dreaming for.  But the problem is that they are not accepting married students.”

Xiumin was silent. “I don’t want to break off the marriage, but I guess I have to since the situation at hand calls for it already,” she added letting out a sigh.

“But since you applied as single then you can keep the identity without breaking ties with Luhan. He will support you for that matter, you don’t have to break the marriage,” he reasoned out.

“It will just complicate things. Besides, the scholarship is abroad and with the pictures leaked sooner our marriage might get revealed too.”

“There might be other ways to deal with that matter. You will be celebrating your first hundred days sooner, why suddenly give up?” he tried to persuade her.

“It’s so nice of you to remember about our 100th day. There’s another thing that if it gets leaked will probably is the reason for the President to remove Oppa from the group,” she looked at him.

“Another thing?”

“I believe I have to tell at least one of you about it, but promise me first that you will not tell them especially Luhan oppa.”

“That’s not fair if it involves your marriage.”

“Please, just promise me.”

“I can’t,” he shook his head.

“How about this, you don’t tell him or them for the mean time not unless I tell you, will that be fair?” she bargained.

Xiumin nodded his head.

Joo In took a deep breath, “I am … I … I am pregnant.”

“Come again? Did I just heard you say pregnant?” he asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I am really pregnant. I just learned about it yesterday when I went to have myself be checked in an OB-Gyne. It’s positive, I am really pregnant.”

“You mean, the two of you had done it? You had consumed the marriage? When?” Xiumin can’t help but ask.

“That night when we had a party for my cousin. We got drunk, I helped him to his room and that’s where it all started,” she explained.

“Then why won’t you tell Luhan about it?” he asked.

“He got a handful of problems to worry about, I don’t want to add insult to the injury,” she replied.

There was silence as Xiumin tries to patch up the things for him to understand everything.

 

“I hope you can keep it for the mean time,” she whispered wiping another silent tears falling from her eyes.

“I understand your intention and I am proud to know that Luhan had a wife like you,” he said, “Shall we head home? The service van is at the basement parking lot,” he offered.

She agreed and together they left the room.

 

On the ride home, she fell asleep through sobbing. The heavy traffic made her sleepier, that Xiumin had to wake her up when they arrived.

“Joo In-na, we are here already,” he whispered, waking her up.

Sighing and seeing her getting light headed, he turned his back on her and knelt upon getting down.

“Come on, I’ll give you a piggy back ride,” he offered.

Too sleepy that she just agreed. As he started to walk to the elevator at the ground floor, Joo In started sleep talking.

“Luhan oppa, naneun dangshineul saranghamnida,” she whispered. Xiumin smiled at her naïve statements.

“You are already in love with him,” he said as he rings their door bell.

Luhan opened the door, “Hyung! Why are you carrying Joo In-na? Where did found her? Drew had just dropped by to give me her phone asking me where is she,” he said trying to get Joo In.

“Just open her room so I can put her down her bed,” Xiumin replied getting inside.

 

After tucking her under the sheet, Xiumin tapped Luhan shoulder who is sitting beside the bed.

“Luhan, take care of your wife. I mean it,” then he left him.

Luhan looked at his sleeping wife and noticed a spilled tear from her eyes.

‘Have you been crying again?’ he thought.