Chapter XIX

With Her

“Oppa, are you going out today for your shooting?” Joo In asked when she saw Luha preparing his things.

“Yeah, the Exo M will be having some promotions. Don’t stay up late waiting for me ok?” he looked at her.

“Then, don’t forget your key,” she handed her the duplicate of the unit’s key.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun will be joining you in a short while. They had been pestering me lately to have the permission,” he sighed picking up his bag.

“Arasseo,” she smiled watching her husband leave the house.

 

After about 30 minutes from her husband’s departure, their doorbell rang. When she opened it, the two are standing there, grinning at her.

“Anyeong Joo In-na!” they greeted.

“Come in,” she motioned them inside.

Once inside, they noticed all the globes decorated within their unit.

“You have a lot of round things here huh?” Chanyeol reached for the nearest one.

“Chen oppa helped me in buying those to surprise my husband,” she replied.

“So why did you pestered Luhan oppa to get in here?” she asked as she sat on the couch.

Chanyeol squatted down the floor near the couch reaching for the remote, “Well, we got bored back at our unit,” and the TV.

“Don’t you have your photo shoot today like the Exo M?” –Joo In

“We are on different line of magazines sometimes. But we also do magazine covers as one.” –Baekhyun

“Would you want to be our lead next time we do a photo shoot? “ –Chanyeol

“Yeah, you and Sehunnie can pair up. He looks a lot like Luhan hyung.” –Baekhyun

“Aniyo! I am not a model material or sort. Plus, I don’t usually take pictures of myself; I’d rather take the pictures of others.” –Joo In

“Too bad! The three of you looks like a love triangle scenario if it happens.”-Baekhyun

“Right! You’re right Baekhyun.” –Chanyeol

 

“What if they picked up Luhan on the program ‘We Got Married,’ how will you react to that?” –Chanyeol

“I don’t know. I might end up revealing our real relationship and present myself as his real wife?” –Joo In

“You would really do that?” –Baekhyun

“Just kidding! I surely wouldn’t know how I will react to that.” –Joo In

“Let’s just wait for that matter to really happen, although rumors are already spreading about Baekhyun’s involvement on the show.” –Chanyeol

“Really? You’re going to get married?” –Joo In

“Aniyo! The entertainment hasn’t thought of lining that up on our schedules.” –Baekhyun

“So if it happens, would you recommend someone?” –Joo In

“I don’t know, maybe yes, maybe no.” –Baekhyun

“Oh, I forgot to serve you something! It’s so bad of me, just a minute,” Joo In stood up to get to the kitchen.

She prepared fruit slices like watermelon, mangoes, apple and few oranges.

When she came back, the two are still eagerly watching Running Man.

 

“Someday, I would join running man,” Chanyeol said reaching for a slice of melon.

“You like them?’ Joo In asked.

“Pretty much,” Chanyeol smiled.

“I think its fun doing that right? I mean hide and seek and the nametag tearing?” –Baekhyun

“I am a fan of their show actually, especially Miss Song Jihyo,” Joo In giggled, “And Kang Gray, the Monday couple.”

“Yeah! And the Easy brothers too! They are actually funny! I really really like this show!” –Chanyeol

For the rest of the day, they just watched.

They even ordered lunch and afternoon snacks.

By around 4 PM, Joo In yawned, “I feel sleepy! Watching movies without barely moving can really make you feel sleep,” she sighed.

“Would you want me to sing for you?” Baekhyun smiled at her.

“I am so lucky to be married with Luhan oppa,” Joo In joked.

“You will sing? I’ll go get my guitar,” Chanyeol ran up to the door.

After a while, he came back bringing along his guitar.

Baekhyun grabbed some pillows and a blanket from the guest room as Joo In put away the tray of plates they used for their afternoon snacks.

“Go on Joo In, lie down and Baekhyun will sing while I strum my guitar,” Chanyeol gestured over her.

“That would be unfair, you guys are just sitting and singing while I just sleep in here? No, thanks,” Joo In protested.

“Then join me and we will sing,” Baekhyun offered.

 

And so, that’s what they did. They sang random songs as Chanyeol strums his guitar.

“Let’s sing Jason Mraz’s Lucky,” Joo In suggested.

“I am not familiar with the lyrics,” Baekhyun rubs the back of his neck.

“We can search on it. Give me your phone,” she searched online and presented him the lyrics.

“Chanyeol oppa, are you familiar with the chords?” she then asked Chanyeol.

“Let’s hear it first, I have one on my phone so Baekhyun can find his parts,” Joo In suggested again turning on the song.

“Ne, so let’s sing?” he starts to strum his guitar after hearing the song.

Do you hear me?...” Baekhyun started and sang the male part; soon Joo In followed singing the female part.

Joo In smiles as they sang the chorus part.

 

After singing, Joo In clapped her hands, “I really love that song!” she cheered.

“Why do you love that song?” Chanyeol asked putting down his guitar.

“My cousin and I usually sing that song when we are together, although he doesn’t know how to play a guitar so we resort to my piano,” Joo In smiled.

“You play the piano?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief.

“But the chords of that song only,” she laughed which lead to a yawn.

Their mini sing along concert took almost 3 hours that it’s already seven in the evening.

“You must be tired already, go on, lie down and we will sing a song for you,” Baekhyun ushered her to lie down the couch.

Left with no choice, she lied down as Chanyeol reached to cover her, “Sleep tight,” he smiled.

The two started their duet singing a song unfamiliar to Joo In, nevertheless it lulled her to sleep.

When they are sure that she is already asleep, they stopped singing.

“Let’s wait for Luhan hyung,” Chanyeol stretched his arms.

“Speaking of him,” Baekhyun looked at the door opening as Luhan enters.

“You’re still here?” he asked walking to them.

“We let her sleep first and decided to wait for you but since you are here we better take our leave,” Baekhyun stood up.

“How was the photo shoot?” Chanyeol asked standing up.

“It went well, what did you do in here while I am gone?” he asked them.

“Well, we watched all kinds of TV programs, ordered lunch and even afternoon snacks, had a mini singing concert with her then there she is, all tired,” Baekhyun pointed at Joo In.

“She sang with you?” Luhan exclaimed.

“SHHHH! You might wake her up!” Chanyeol hushed him.

“Seriously, she sings?” He asked again.

“Yeah, and her voice is fine,” Baekhyun smiled.

“Aish! Aniyo! She has a cute voice actually,” Chanyeol objects.

“Aniyo! it’s not cute.” –Baekhyun

“Aniyo! it’s cute!” –Chanyeol

 

“Guys, if you have some plan of arguing about her voice, can you do it outside? You might wake her up,” Luhan patted the two. Baekhyun looked at Joo In and smiled, “Mianhe hyung, I think we’ll just go,” he then looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol bent down first to give her a kiss on the forehead before he left.

After they had left, Luhan smiled at his wife sleeping on the couch.

He puts down his bag and carefully lifted her to her bedroom.

When she’s already tucked in, he heard her whisper his name, “Saranghae Luhan oppa.”

A smile crept up to his face. He is not sure whether to believe it or not since she is asleep.