Chapter XV

With Her

*DING DONG*

“I’ll get that!” Joo In called over as Luhan sat on his desk again. He was busy browsing the internet for fun. They had just got home after a recording.

“Thank you,” he heard her thank whoever came over. When he looked over the door, Joo In is holding a big panda bear while reading a card. “Who delivered that?” he asked. “My cousin,” she replied disappearing to the living room.

Luhan walked out of his room to join her. “Your cousin?” he asked again touching the panda bear.

“The one from America. He was mad because I didn’t invite him on our wedding,” she replied still looking at the card.

“It must cost him a lot to send you a large panda bear. Where is he now?”

“He is in China for a seminar, that’s his wedding gift. Isn’t it cute?” she looked at the stuffed toy.

“Wait till Tao see this. He had this craze over pandas. No doubt he looks like one,” Luhan patted the stuff toy.

“I’ll go and make some dinner. Mom dropped by when you are out and brought some food with her,” she said leaving him on the couch.

 

Just as she was busy on the kitchen, Kris and Tao came over to invite the two for dinner.

“Woah! Luhan-ge, where did you get that large panda bear?” Tao pointed at the stuffed toy sitting beside Luhan.

“Joo In’s cousin sent this as a wedding gift,” he smiled at the two.

“You two are coming?” Kris asked as Tao sat beside the bear, hugging it.

“Aniyo, maybe next time. Joo In’s making dinner right now.” –Luhan

“Aish! Arraseo! I’ll just tell them, come on now Tao,” Kris ushered Tao to the door but he won’t let go of the panda bear.

“Let go of that panda, Joo In might get mad at you,” he pulled him.

“Aniyo! Can’t I just have this?” he squeezed the bears face.

“Aniyo,” Joo In said standing by the kitchen’s doorway.

(O_O) > Tao

(^_^) > Luhan

(¬_¬) > Kris

“I’m sorry but my cousin gave that to me, I can’t give it to you,” she said pulling the bear and bought it to her room.

“Your wife can sometimes be a brat too,” Kris whispered over Luhan.

“Yeah, so better pull Tao before he throws his tantrums in here,” he said pulling up Tao who looks so defeated, still looking at Joo In’s room.

“I might not handle them if they all act out as brats,” Kris said and pushed Tao to the door.

 

During their meal, Luhan asked Joo In. “You wouldn’t really give it to Tao, no matter what?”

“No. I tend to keep the gift he sends me,” she said finishing up her plate.

“That’s a bit harsh,” he said.

“I can be harsh at some times,” she looked at him.

“Are you the one assigned to do the dishes?” she asked leaning by the dishes.

“Aniyo, tomorrow’s my schedule.”

“But I am the one who prepared the dinner,” she pouted.

“That’s what we had agreed upon, whether you made the dinner or not,” he replied looking at her.

She looked at him with that puppy eyes and pouted even more.

Luhan sighed, “Arasseo! I’ll do it, but you will do the dishes tomorrow okay?”

“But it’s your schedule, so you will do it.” She patted his shoulder and left him on the kitchen.

‘What a brat!’ he thought fixing the table to do the dishes.

 

*-*-*-*-*

“I’m so tired!” Suho exclaimed and collapsed on their couch after a tiring day.

They had done some recordings, mall shows, fan signing and guestings for the whole day.

Everyone just fell straight to their beds without even having dinner. Luhan was still in the boys’ unit to get some things he left at his previous room when Joo In calls.

“Joo In-na,” he replied receiving the call.

“Oppa, have you seen my panda bear?” she asked.

“I have been out all day, why? Is it missing?”

“Yes. I left it at the couch this morning before going out but when I came back it’s gone already.”

“Wait for me. I’ll just get some of my things in here,” and he ended the call.

When he got to their unit, Joo In just got out of the guest room searching for it.

“How is something big gets hidden?”   He asked helping her look for it.

Both ends up in the couch after their futile tries.

“I am so careless! My cousin will really get mad at me!” she frustratingly messed up her hair.

Luhan chuckled, “Calm down. Did you lock the door before you get out?” he asked.

“Of course I did.”

“Then how will it get stolen? Plus, if I am the robber, I wouldn’t grab the bear. I’d rather take the TV or the component or other appliances. How did it get lost?” he crossed his arm, looking at her.

“I’ll just look for it again tomorrow, go ahead and take some rest. You had a very busy day today.”

Luhan looked at her, “Joo In-na, I’m not telling you that I won’t help or anything. I’m just-“

Joo In back looked at him, “I know. You just look so tired and it’s not like I don’t have tomorrow to look for it. Have you had dinner?” she asked him instead.

“I’m fine, I think I’ll just go and get some sleep.” He reached for her face and kissed her on the forehead.

“My Mom called this afternoon and asks me to give you a kiss.”

With that, he stood and left her dazed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

Saturday, at their condominium building’s cafeteria.

 

The boys are gathered there to spend the afternoon after going out for a mall show.

“Luhan, where’s your wife?” their manager asked.

“She’s still on her classes. From her schedule, she will be home by 4 in the afternoon,” he replied.

“Aieee~ hyung! You had memorized her schedule by heart huh?” Sehun teased.

“I have too, and I think it’s normal for a husband to know his wife’s schedule,” he defended.

“So, what’s the progress between you two?” Suho asked.

“We’re doing fine. She is already comfortable having me around but she barely smile. If she did so, it would be a half-smile. One thing more, she usually acts like a brat,” he sighed.

Everyone laughed at the way he sighed.

“You sound like you went through a lot. It’s almost a month since you two got married.” –Kris

“Although she looks cute and adorable when she pouts and begs, but the she acts like a brat afterwards.”-Luhan

“Like when?”-Chen

“When Kris and Tao came over to invite us for dinner. After we had dinner, she asked me who’s scheduled to do the dishes because she is scheduled that time. When I told her it was her, she pouted and pleads that I do it since she made the dinner. I can’t refuse so I agreed but before she left, she reminded me that it is my schedule the next day to do the dishes and even patted me at the shoulder,” he narrated.

Everyone bursts out in a fit of laughter.

“Hyung! You’re wife is really a brat,”- Baekhyun

“I wonder why did my Mom liked her, she’s sometimes too cold,” Luhan shook his head and continued.

“Let’s have dinner outside?” their manager offered.

Everyone cheered and agreed on the motion. “Let’s wait for Joo In,” their manager added.

 

They stayed there for a little bit more to wait for Joo In.

Tao stood up and ordered some drinks. While waiting for his order, he noticed Joo In’s big stuffed toy near the cashier’s seat.

“Um, sa-mo nim, is that bear yours?” he asked.

“Aniyo, a girl left it in here days before,” the lady replied.

“Is she a daily customer?” he asked again.

“Yeah, and she is an occupant of these building, but I haven’t seen her lately. Usually she goes here by around 4:15 in the afternoon to order a warm mug of chocolate.”

“Would you mind if I give it to her, she’s actually my neighbor,” Tao offered pointing at the bear.

“Are you sure? Because if she comes here to get it, I’ll really tell that you are the one who took it.” The lady seems hesitant in giving it to Tao.

“Ne, tell her that a tall handsome panda took the bear to give it to her,” Tao smiled as he reached for it at the same time receiving his drink.

 

On the other hand, Xiumin saw Joo In entering the cafeteria. “Oh, it’s Joo In-na!” he pointed.

Everyone looked at her, but instead she screamed and ran past their table straight to Tao who is returning to their table holding the panda bear.

“Where did you found it?” she asked pulling the bear from him and hugging it tightly.

“The cashier said you left it here, days ago,” he said.

“Ah! I remember now! I brought it here with me but forgot to bring it when I came back to our unit,” she nodded getting the whole situation.

“Why are you here?” she asked again still hugging the stuffed toy.

“I am with the boys, they are over there,” Tao pointed at their table before walking.

(O_o) > the boys and their manager

(O_O) > Joo In

 

“Joo In-na! Come and join us!” Suho called over. She slowly made her way to their table. She sat beside Sehun. Sehun immediately leans on the stuffed toy.

“So, you left it here?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah, I forgot to bring it with me back to our unit,” she replied playing with the stuffed toy.

“Where did she get that?” Chanyeol asked.

“Luhan hyung must have bought it for her,” Lay smiled at Joo In.

“Aniyo, a cousin of hers sent that for her,” he replied.

When they looked at Joo In, Sehun is already playing with her. They are even exchanging whispers while playing with the stuffed toy.

“Since when did they got closer?” Kris asked Luhan.

“Since Sehun got sick,” he replied looking at his wife and Sehun.

“Don’t be jealous hyung, she is just probably having a conversation asking Sehun all about you,” Kai patted his shoulder.

Luhan looked at Kai before looking back at the two.

“Ok, since Joo In is here already, why don’t we go out and have dinner?” their manager asked which made the boys erupt into another cheer.

 

*-*-*-*-*                                                                          

When they arrived at the restaurant, they proceeded on a reserved room.

They ordered a lot of Korean beef, lettuce for wrappings, bottles of soda and some more food.

“Why don’t we open the meal with a contest?” their manager looked at them.

“A contest?” Lay asked.

“Yes, we’ll divide the group into two; each must have a representative to finish an extra large bowl of hot spicy noodles. My treat!” –Manager Hyung

“Let’s divide it by Exo K and M, and then Joo In will join M since Luhan is a member of it and manager hyung will join us, will that be good?” Baekhyun suggested.

“I’ll trade places with manager hyung,” Joo In objected.

“But, Luhan hyung is in there,” Chanyeol pointed at Luhan.

“So?” she looked at Chanyeol.

“It’s okay with me, I think that will be fair,” Luhan smiled at Chanyeol.

“Are you two on LQ?” their manager asked.

“Aniyo!” Luhan and Joo In answered in chorus.

Every one gave them the look.

“Seriously, we are not on any bad terms,” Joo In calmly stated.

To cut the questionings, their two bowls of noodles arrived.

“So who will be M’s representative?” –Manager Hyung

“Tao-sshi,” they answered in chorus.

“How about your group?” Tao asked taking his place in front of the bowl. The other group looked at each other.

“I’ll do it,” Joo In volunteered taking her place in front of the other bowl.

(O_O) “BWO???” they all exclaimed at her boldness.

“Joo In-na, we are talking about an extra large bowl, not a small one,” Luhan reminded her, worry lacing his statement.

“I know,” she looked at him, grabbing the chopsticks.

“Are you really sure?” their manager asked again.

“Yes,” she finally stated with determined voice.

“One question though, winning means to find any means to finish first?” she asked.

“Yes, as long as you finish it alone,” their manager replied looking worried.

“Let’s start?” she rubbed the chopsticks looking at Tao.

When the signal was given, Tao immediately started while Joo In waited before he puts down his bowl. She took a sip on her bowl. Just then, she quickly tilted her bowl over Tao transferring half of hers into it before she starts eating.

*jaw drop* > Others

(O_O) > Tao

 

After a few minutes, she finished her bowl letting out a burp.

“I’m done,” she looked at them.

For a while, no one reacted until Chanyeol broke into a cheer. “YES! We won!” he cheered grinning widely and shaking Joo In’s hand. The other Exo K members did the same. The Exo M members erupted into complaints instead, especially Tao.

“That’s cheating! She cheated! How can I possibly finish this up?” he complained. “She transferred half of her bowl on mine!” he complained like a kid.

“Manager hyung said find any means to finish first, as long as I finish it alone, it’s not cheating,” she counter back looking like a kid from the way she defends herself.

Then their endless argument started. They exchanged wits like small kids fighting over a bowl of soup.

“I do now believe that your wife is a brat,” Kai whispered at Luhan.

 

“Ok! Ok! Hush now!” their manager silenced them.

“I’ll just judge it as a tie,” he added.

“But I finished first,” Joo In pouted.

“No, you cheated,” Tao buts in.

Their manager motioned them to stop before they started another argument. “We’ll just finish the bowl,” he said and instructed each to have some of the noodles.

Later on, they became noisy as they started making lettuce wrappings. Out of a sudden, Joo In reached to feed Luhan a lettuce wrap. “Aniyo,” he smiled at her. She pouted, “You won’t eat it because I made it?”

“That’s not it but-“ he was cut short because she stuffed the lettuce wrap on his mouth.

“Wah! I want Joo In to feed me too,” Chanyeol blinked at her, opening his mouth.

She made another lettuce wrap and fed it to Chanyeol.

The others asked for a lettuce wrap from Joo In, so she end up feeding them each including their manager.

When she was done, everyone then reached at the same time to feed her a lettuce wrap, except for her husband who is busy making one for himself.

She looked at all of them, and then to her husband, “Oppa, will you feed me that?” she asked pointing at the lettuce wrap Luhan is holding.

Everyone looked at him leaving him with no choice but to feed it to her.

They all retreated with that knowing look on their faces.

“Manager hyung, can I ask a favor?” she looked at their manager.

“Ne, what is it?”

“Please don’t let my husband get drunk,” she smiled.

“You heard it Luhan! You only need to drink a glass or two,” Xiumin grinned at him as the others laughed.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*

It was around 10 pm when they got home. Mostly got drunk except for Luhan and Joo In.

When they got to their unit, she immediately rushed to the kitchen sink and threw up. Luhan was shocked but followed her immediately rubbing her back.

“Is this why you don’t want me to get drunk?” he asked. “You barely drank from those drinks,” he added.

“If you got *huff* got drunk then there will be the two of us throwing up right now,” she replied and threw up again.

Luhan smiled at her response. When she was okay, he let her sit on a chair.

“Would you want me to make a warm mug of milk?” he asked,” I mean chocolate?” he looked at her.

“I’m fine; I think I’ll just take some rest.”

He helped her get to her room but before she could get she came rushing back to the kitchen sink and threw up. She made 4 returns which made Luhan worried calling up their manager.

When their manager arrived, Joo In is already exhausted from vomiting.

“Have you done it with her?’ their manager whispered over Luhan.

“Aniyo! We share different room and I still have no plans on consuming the marriage,” he whispered back.

“Really?” their manager looked at him with disbelief.

“Hyung! She might get dehydrated,” he complained.

“Ok, I’ll just accompany her to a nearest hospital for her to be checked,” their manager helped Joo In up leading her outside as Luhan follows.

When they got outside, the van is already waiting for them. “You don’t have to come,” she said over Luhan squeezing his hand for assurance.

 

Luhan waited for almost an hour before they came back. Joo In is already asleep as one of the male staff brought her inside their unit. Luhan led them to her room and was left with the task to tuck her under the sheets. When he was done, their manager is waiting at their living room. He handed Luhan a small paper bag. “Give that to her by morning. The prescription is in there with all the medicines she needs. The doctor said she ate too much that her stomach finds it hard to digest it that’s why she starts vomiting. She has that very small stomach to digest such large amount of food we had at the restaurant. Take care of her. If you need help just give me a call,” he tapped Luhan’s shoulder before going out.

Luhan checked her and saw her peacefully sleeping. “You really won’t smile huh?” he whispered before slowly closing her room’s door.