Chapter X

With Her

They stayed there for almost a week, so their manager made the best of it. They attended some awarding in which they bagged home some of it; they proceeded on promotions and fan meeting, and the Exo-M had some photo shoot too for some magazine.

Joo In on the other hand, kept herself busy over school works. She finished her home works and would go out sometimes for shopping.

One time during shopping, she saw the Exo doing a fan signing on the other end of the mall. The crowd was almost girls except for some random guys. A naughty thought crossed her mind. She went over a music store and bought the last copy of the boys’ album. With her camera, she proceeds on the queue for the signing.

When it was her turn, she lifts her camera up to her face to hide herself. Chanyeol’s the first on the line.

“Hello! What can I do for you?” he smiled up at her. Joo In handed him the album in which he readily signed.

“This is for whom?” he asked again as Joo In took a picture of him.

“For oppa,” she replied.

“Eh? For me?” Chanyeol asked quite confused.

“Aniyo, for my husband,” she replied again.

“Your husband is our fan, not you?” he joked signing the album. She nodded.

He gave it back to her as she moves to Kris who sits next to Chanyeol.

She proceeds all the way that even her husband didn’t recognized her. Thanks to the camera that covers her face every time they look up at her.

It was Kyungsoo, who is at the end of the table who recognized her. “Joo In?” he looked up at her reaching for the album.

Joo In bowed her head and immediately left without getting his signature.

“Hyung!” Kyungsoo called over Luhan.

“Ne?” Luhan turned at him.

“Joo In was in here. She is the girl who covered her face with a camera,” he said.

“Bwo? She was here?” –Baekhyun

“That must be why that girl looks quite familiar.” –Kai

The others looked at Luhan who face palmed himself due to embarrassment.

 

*-*-*-*-*

At the Hotel, after the fan signing

 

Luhan walked inside to find Joo In busy browsing over her laptop, with her headphones on.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he slumps on the couch.

“Browsing the internet. I need some information for my home work,” she replied her eyes not leaving the screen.

“Where were you earlier?” he asked again.

“I just stayed here all day long,” she lied.

He stood up and went over her, closing the laptop. He earned a glare from her, “That’s rude,” she hissed.

“You went out, and even joined the fan signing, right?” he asked again, smirking at her.

She shook her head.

Luhan moved closer, “Better speak up,” he teased moving even closer.

She still shook her head, moving backward till she was cornered on the headboard.

Luhan let out a sly smile, “So are you going to admit it or not.”

Her breathing rate starts to increase in intervals considering the distance of their faces.

“I didn’t go into any fan signing,” she defended again, blinking profusely.

Luhan slowly reached for her head which she turned to avoid his touch.

When she looked back at him, he was waving the autographed CD she bought.

“Caught red handed,” he said smiling at her.

 

“Hyung we were-“ Kai stopped on his way when he saw the two, still in that awkward position.

“I guess I’ll just go back a little later,” he turned around. The two looked at him before he pushed himself up to follow Kai.

“Kai-sshi! Wait up!” he ran after him.

Joo In heard the slam of the door, just as Luhan came back holding his nose.

She stifled a laugh, “Serves you right,” she whispered opening her laptop.

When she looked back at him, he had his head up high wiping bloodstains from his nose. She was alarmed and immediately walked to get near and help him. “Wait up,” she said rushing to the bathroom. When she returns she is holding a wet towel. She placed it on his nose bridge.

“Kai must pay up for this,” she whispered which brought a smile on his handsome face.

She leaned closer when the door got opened. This time, it is Sehun and Suho.

Joo In had her back on them, on her tip toes to reach for his face which the two mistook that the two are kissing.

“Woah! Wrong timing!” both exclaimed in chorus.

The door was slowly closed this time.

“I think we should learn to lock the door, what do you think?” he asked looking down at her. Both were surprised at the distance between their face again.  

Joo In stepped back and proceeds on the bathroom. Luhan retreats on the bed and pulls her laptop. He turned it on, good thing it doesn’t require any password.

 Her track lists were the songs from their album. The opened websites were mostly about arts and stuffs; her Facebook account is also open. He minimized those and stopped short when he saw the desktop background.

It was her picture with a guy. Although he must admit that he is good looking, but what triggers him is the way she smiles from the picture. It’s a smile he suddenly wants to see her do.

‘Who is this guy?’ he thought.