Chapter XIII

With Her

“Ok boys! Is everyone ready?” their manager checked each of them as they got on their bus. They are heading on one of the provinces for a fan signing. Joo In was the last to get in, “Are you sure you want to come?” their manager asked.

“I have to. I need pictures for my Photography class.”

Their Manager nodded and smiled following her inside.

The ride took almost 6 hours since the place is quite far from the metropolitan area.

All throughout the ride, the boys took turns in suggesting games just to let the time pass without getting bored.

In the end, they all ended up sleeping on their own chair leaving a mess behind. The bus ran o steady pace lulling them to sleep peacefully.

 

“This people surely need a cleaning class,” their manager muttered as he picks up garbage the boys left on the floor. “I’ll help you,” Joo In offered and starts picking up. Once in a while, she would get her camera and took shots of the sleeping boys.

“What’s the subject of your photography class?” –Manager Hyung

“Anything that interests the person. For now, I just have to collect pictures so I can choose which one I shall submit.” – Joo In

“If it happens that it’s the boys pictures, will you really submit it?” –Manager Hyung

“No, I’m not. I respect their privacy, just right now, they are all helpless and don’t have any idea that I am taking pictures of them.” Joo In covered Kyungsoo using his jacket.

“Luhan is so blessed to have you,” their manager smiled.

“You’re always telling that,” she comments walking to check her husband.

After tidying up the bus, both proceeds on their seats. Their manager took a nap as Joo In scrolls over her camera to check the photos.

 

“Were here!” the driver called waking up the boys after a few more hours.

Everyone stretched and checked their looks. Some even decided to change clothes as the bus parks itself.

“Where’s Joo In?” Kyungsoo asked as they all lined up to go down.

“She’s asleep. She got tired tidying up the place after you all went to sleep,” their manager replied pointing at Joo In’s sleeping figure at the back before checking the others.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

The fan signing started and took almost 4 hours. The rain even poured down as it was about to end. There had been picture taking and the sponsors gave them an early dinner as a sign of gratitude.

“I’ll call Joo In to join us,” Luhan said leaving the table. Their manager caught up at him pulling him back, “I’ll do it. The press might get suspicious if the two of you comes back together,” he said and went out to get Joo In.

When they came back, Joo In was showing their manager the pictures she had taken. Joo In is smiling and even laughing as their manager points into something on her camera. He led her on one of the tables with the other staffs. When he came back on the boys’ table, everyone started to ask him.

“What was that she is showing you hyung?”- Chen

“Why is she smiling and laughing?” –Suho

“Why is she holding a camera?” –Kai

“Is she one of the photographers?” –Lay

“Why are you all so curious?”- Manager Hyung

“She barely smiles when she is with us, even when she is with her husband.” –Chanyeol

“She is doing her project for her Photography class. Those pictures were sceneries, animals and a few faces.” –Manager Hyung

The others started to ask more but their manager ignored them and continued with the meal.

“Where’s Xiumin?” Baekhyun asked.

“He was just here with me,” Tao looked at the empty seat beside him. He started to scan the place and found him sitting beside Joo In holding a camera as Joo In seems to be explaining something on him.

“I never knew he could be that interested.” –Kris

 

On their way back to Seoul, they all decided to sit in pair.

“I’ll go with manager oppa,” Joo In volunteered sitting beside their manager.

“Joo In-na, can you just sit beside me?” Sehun looked at her.

“Arraseo,” she nodded moved to sit beside Sehun.

“Psh! Maknae’s selfish plan,” Kai poked at him from behind.

“Yah! You’re just jealous,” he made a face.

“You should be thankful that Luhan hyung is nice,” Kai counters back.

“Stop that bickering you two brats!” Tao threw pillows at the two.

“Watch out! You’re hitting Joo In-na!” both exclaimed.

 

Moments after, the bus was silent. All of them fell asleep, except for Joo In who is still busy on her work. She brought along with her a laptop and mounted the pictures she had taken. As she was busy on her work, Sehun leaned over her and shivered. She looked at him and saw him shivering with cold. She closed her laptop and reached for her jacket to cover him, but when her skin came in contact with his forehead, she gasped.

“You’re burning,” she whispered and touched his forehead. ‘What should I do?’ she thought.

She looked around and everyone is sleeping. She adjusted herself hugging him closer.

“Luhan oppa, Luhan oppa, oppa!” she called over Luhan keeping her voice low. Sweats starts to form in her forehead, “Damn! He’s burning hot!’ she thought.

Luhan budged and looked at her, “What?” he asked still sleepy.

“Pass over my bag, no, get my purple pouch and give it to me,” she said reaching her hand to get it.

Luhan searched over her bag and stood up to give it to her. “What’s wrong with him?” he asked when he got near the two wiping his sleepy eyes.

“He’s burning with fever,” she replied pulling out cooler band aids on her pouch. She attached the pad on his forehead and helped him close to her. Then she looked up at Luhan who is frozen on his spot.

“What are you standing in there?” she asked letting Sehun lean closer to her.

“Will he be all right?” he asked still in a daze.

“Aish! Help me move him in the backseat. He can lie there properly,” she stood and coaxed Sehun to stand and move to the backseat.

When they got there, their manager woke up from the couple’s whispering. Joo In helps him lie down covering him with her jacket.

“What are you two doing?” he asked looking at the two whose helping Sehun lie down.

“He’s burning with fever; I let him transfer here so he can lie down. I had placed cooler pads to reduce the temperature,” Joo In replied without looking at the manager. Good thing that the bus is running at a steady pace.

Their manager stood and walked over the two to check on Sehun. “We’ll drop by the nearest hospital. He should be checked.”

“Don’t. That will alarm the others; your president might get angry once he learns about this. I think he just need some rest. He probably caught the fever on the rain way back,” Joo In looked at their manager.

“But what if it worsen?” Luhan asked again looking so worried.

“It won’t, trust me,” Joo IN assured him.

“I’ll make new arrangements for their rooms so he can rest well when we get back,” he said as Luhan sat on the other end of the chair holding Sehun’s head.

“He can stay with us. No one’s occupying the guest room. It will nice for him since no one will bother him there,” Luhan offered.

Joo In gave a nod, agreeing at Luhan’s offer. “No need to alarm the others,” she added as she pushed off Luhan on his seat. “What?” he asked looking up at her.

“Let me massage his head, move,” she gestured him to move.

“Arasseo, arasseo,” he said rolling his eyes and moved over.

 

Their manager woke up Suho to ask for some medicine that he might have brought.

“Why?” Are you sick?” he asked reaching for his bag.

“Aniyo! Sehun is,” their manager replied.

He turned around and saw the couple tending to Sehun. He chuckled at the two quarreling at who will be Sehun’s pillow.

“You look like some other couple quarreling over their son’s health,” he laughed going back to his seat after giving the medicine.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

When they arrived at Seoul, it’s already past 12 in the midnight. Suho was the first to wake up as the bus parks. He smiled at the couple’s position.

Luhan is leaning on the window while Joo In leans on him. She had her hand on Sehun’s shoulder, who is curled up beside her. He grabbed his phone and took a picture of them.

First thing first, they let the couple with Sehun to get down before they woke up the others. The sleepy boys barely notice that Sehun is missing from them. They all retired to their quarters peacefully.

 

At the couple’s unit, Joo In helped the sick boy on their guest room. She arranged the sheets and tucked him under. She replaced the coolers before checking on his temperature again. She sighed when it got down a few degrees.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

Sehun woke up when she felt a hand squeezing his left hand. When his visions adjusted, he was startled to see himself on another room. When she looked at the owner of the hand, a smile crept up on his lips.

“Joo In-na… Joo In-na,” he whispered over. Joo In slowly looked up at him. “Ne?” she whispered.

“Are you okay?” she pulled herself up and reached over his forehead. She sighed and grabbed the thermometer to check on his temperature. “Good thing you’re fever had gone down now. All you have to do is take some rest. Are hungry or thirsty?” she asked him. Sehun smiled instead.

“Ah, I’ll go and prepare some mushroom soup for you,” she arranged the sheets over him and went to prepare the soup. After a few minutes, she came back with a bowl.

“Can you manage?” she sat beside him on the bed. Sehun pulled himself up to sit but was too weak to feed himself. “I’ll just feed you,” she offered getting the bowl and fed him.

 

*-*-*-*-*

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Baekhyun’s voice woke up the boys as he rushes to get to their manager.

“What?” their manager asked as he sips on his morning coffee, reading the newspaper.

“Sehunnie is missing! Our maknae’s missing!” he exclaimed as he walks back and forth in front of their manager.

“BWO??” All of them exclaimed.

“He is fine, he just spent the night over the couple on the other unit. He got fever from the rain yesterday and Joo In offered their guest room for him to rest,” their manager replied casually.

After hearing that, everyone rushed to check on him.

Luhan was the one who opened the door, and same as usual, they fell on a heap with Kai, Tao and Chanyeol squashed on the bottom.

“He is with Joo In on the guest room,” he said and left the boys to take a shower.

“Yah!Yah! GET OFF!!!!” Kai shouted as the others scrambled to pull themselves up.

 

When they got to the guest room, Suho slowly opened the door. They all peeped in.

Joo In just finished tucking Sehun on the bed. She was on the right side of the bed facing the door. She brushed off his hair smiling affectionately at the sleeping lad as if he is someone important close to him.

 

“From here, one would think that Sehun is Joo In’s husband. Look how well pampered he is,” Chen whispered.

“I wanna get sick too and be pampered by Joo In-na,” Chanyeol added.

“Luhan is so lucky,” Xiumin remarked.

Just then, Joo In looked over the door which startled the boys.

“You can visit him once he wakes up. He just had his medicine and probably needs a few hours to sleep,” she said. She picked up the bowl and excused herself from the boys.

“Sehunnie and Luhan hyung are so lucky,” Tao sighed.

Just before Joo In gets into her room, she looked at the boys again, “Have you washed yourself or you rushed in here first thing in the morning?”

Luhan is by his room’s doorway and laughed,” Seriously guys! Go take a shower first or you might infect the sick one.”

(¬_¬) > Joo In

(^_^) > Luhan

(=_=) > other member.