Epilogue

With Her

The members of Exo M decided to use the unit since it is already bought for the couple. Luhan went back to his room and shared it with Xiumin. Tao and Kris occupied the guest room while Chen and Lay occupied Joo In’s old room.

It was during one of those free days when Joo In’s parents came over for a visit.

 

“We are so sorry Luhan. We are just informed lately about her departure. We really don’t know anything about it.” Mrs. Han explained while they are going inside the living room.

“It’s okay. That’s actually part of our plan. She was afraid that you might not permit her to leave once she tells you about her scholarship,” he lied.

“But as long as you agree with it, we will permit her. That’s not her attitude before,” Mr. Han shook his head.

“She had grown up enough to decide on her own, and besides she is already married. Don’t worry, she will be fine, I know her,” Luhan smiled at the couple.

“But she left alone, how sure are we that she will be fine?” Mrs. Han asked.

“She is with Drew. Knowing him, even for a short time, I guess she will be fine with him,” Luhan replied.

There was silence as both parties were speechless at the situation at hand.

Luhan is working on how to cover her, while her parents are at loss for words at their daughter’s sudden behavior change.

 

“She mentioned that you will get her things, is that why you are here?” Luhan broke the silence.

“Oh, yes! Drew called just earlier today that he will pick up her things at our place, but he didn’t mention that he will be with Joo In,” Mrs. Han replied.

“I’ll prepare her things,” Luhan stood up.

“I know it’s hard on your part to live without her, but please bear with it,” Mr. Han looked at him.

He just smiled and went to her room to collect her other belongings.

 

As her parents stood by the doorway before they leave, Luhan handed them the two panda bears.

“Please don’t forget to give this to Drew, and kindly inform me when he will drop by to get her stuffs. I need to remind him some things about Joo In,” Luhan bowed.

Mrs. Han reached to hug him, “Be strong. She will come back after her scholarship. As long as you’re always in touch then everything will be fine. Don’t stress yourself much about her departure okay?” she patted his back.

He hugged back before he watched the couple left with Joo In’s stuffs.

“So how will that go now? Why didn’t you give them the ring?” Xiumin said standing beside him.

“They don’t know about the divorce, maybe we can talk about it and tell both our parents about it when he had filed it officially,” he sighed.

“But what if she doesn’t come back?” Xiumin asked.

“I don’t know, maybe I’ll face both our parents alone,” he replied.

“Don’t worry; I’ll help you with that.” Xiumin tapped his shoulder.

“But I just don’t understand why she left me. Then why am I covering her up? I just don’t get even myself,” he took another sigh.

“That’s because you already love her, you just don’t know it. And when I say you love her, you see her as someone you want to spend the rest of your life with for real,” Xiumin replied.

 

‘Will I ever meet her again?’ he thought as he looked at the ring on his finger.