Chapter VIII

With Her

It was around 10 in the morning when they left for Seoul. Today will be their departure to China for the second wedding ceremony of the couple. The boys went first to their dorm to grab some things and their passports. By around 11:30, they all proceeds to the airport where Joo In and Luhan are already waiting. Their parents took an early flight for some preparations.

“Your flight will be by 1, we still have some time to spare,” their manager told them as they parked a small bus they rented. They are seated by pair except for Suho. The pair ups are: Chen and Xiumin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Tao and Kris, Sehun and Kai, Lay and Kyungsoo and the couple Luhan and Joo In who joined the boys.

Joo In and Luhan were seated at the back, sleeping and leaning at each other. Luhan gave his jacket on her on the way. The others didn’t bother to wake them up as they got down buying some food and other things on a nearby mini shop.

When they arrived, Luhan is leaning at the window as Joo In is sleeping on the chair, her head on Luhan’s lap.

“Aren’t they cute?” Kyungsoo smiled at the couple.

“Yeah. They even cried tears of joy during their wedding yesterday,” Lay added.

They proceed on eating in silence watching some shows on the TV hanging in front so as not to disturb the couple sleeping.

 

By around 12:30, the couple woke up. They all turned to look at them.

“Joo In-na, are you still cold?” Luhan asked as he helped her get up.

“Not that much, would you want your jacket?” she looked up at him. Both were oblivious that the other was looking at them.

“No, you better keep it. You might catch a cold. Are you hungry?” –Luhan

“I’m fine,” she then moved closer to him as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer.

That’s when they saw the others looking at them with that knowing look on their faces.

(O_O) > Luhan

*blink*… *blink blink* > Joo In

(^_^) > Other members

 

“Continue with what you two are doing, forget that we are here,” Kris shrugged off, returning his gaze on the screen.

The others grinned as they turned to look at the screen.

Luhan and Joo In parted in an awkward way as they adjusted themselves on the seat.

“Prepare your things, we will soon fly off,” their manager reminded them again.

Just then, a crowd of fan girls came rushing and crowded over the bus. Good thing that the windows are tinted.

“Woah! Did anyone of you twitted that we are in the airport in a rented mini bus?” Chanyeol asked looking at the swarm of the girls outside screaming their names.

“I should call the security,” their manager sighed. He starts to punch in some numbers and moved in a corner to call someone.

 

After a while, security backups arrived as they opened the door so they can get inside the airport for their flight. But even though there are security personals, they got a hard time squeezing their way to the airport’s entrance. Before the couple gets down, he held her hand, “Don’t ever let go,” he whispered. Luhan and Joo In was the last to get down, but no matter how he tried, her hand slipped off his because of the squeezing crowd. Luhan looked back to see her drifting far from them as the crowd pushes her away.

He wants to turn back and get her, but one of the security personnel pulled him out.

 

When they arrived on the queue area, everyone heaved a sigh.

“I have to get back,” Luhan placed down his bag and proceeds to go back.

“You can’t! The crowd in there is quite dangerous! Have you seen them squeeze us? It’s quite frightening,” Baekhyun rubbed his arms as goose bumps appear.

“I have to get Joo In! She’s left out there in the crowd!” he exclaimed which silenced the others.

“I’ll have the security take care of that, calm down.” –Manager

“How can I calm down if she is still out there? What if those fan girls got her injured? What if-“ Luhan was cut off by Lay.

“Just calm down! Worrying won’t make things easier!” he argued.

 

Luhan heaved a sigh to but paced back and forth to calm himself. The others were even scared to talk to him since he looks so mad.

“Where’s Sehun?” Xiumin asked as he looked at the others.

Just as they starts to get worried, Sehun came inside wearing a cap with a mask, pulling Joo In with him.

He pulled down his mask, “That one experience is really suicide! Some fan girls pulled her hair to get her out of the way. They are really crazy over Luhan hyung,” he breathed looking at the flustered Joo In.

*jaw drop* > Other members

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked as he arranges his bonnet on Joo In’s head.

She gave a nod as she controls her breathing rate. “It’s fine, don’t be scared, you’re safe now,” Sehun assured cupping her face while smiling at her.

 

All of the sudden, Luhan pulled her in a hug. “Please don’t scare me like that,” he whispered at her, hugging her tightly.

“I was carried away by the crowd, and I can’t breathe,” she whispered back.

Luhan let go of her, sheepishly smiling.

The boys crowded over her, checking every part of her.

“Did you get any scratches?” –Suho

“Did they pull your hair that tightly?” –Baekhyun

“Does it hurt anywhere?” –Kai

She looked at them and shook her head, “I am fine,” she whispered.

“Thank you, Kai oppa,” she added before she moved to where her bag is.

(O_O) “Did she just call me oppa?” Kai asked in disbelief.